Madagascar 10.13.2010

jip

The new intro and Axl's vocals are amazing, but whoever did the solo(either Ron or Fortus) stuffed it up bigtime. And im not even talking about not playing note for note to Bucket's version either, they are parts in the solo that sound like the person playing it was drunk.

I was there :thumbsup:

I loved Ashba playing the extra snare, it really added extra power to the song.

Haha I can see myself when Ashba goes to the left side of the stage.

Yeah I loved the snare thing too, into was vool in its own right but I'm not sure it imporves the song, it already has a pretty distinct intro

The new intro and Axl's vocals are amazing, but whoever did the solo(either Ron or Fortus) stuffed it up bigtime. And im not even talking about not playing note for note to Bucket's version either, they are parts in the solo that sound like the person playing it was drunk.

after bucket's departure the madagascar solo was differently played in every single gig...we basically hear the MLK's quotes and the solo has been downgraded...i think this solo kicked ass,anyway

Rio, is the best version of madagascar and Boston 02 is the best of s.o.d/theblues

Don't know about that bro. The Rio version is great, but the Budapest '06 version is the best by far imo. The ending chorus is fuckin' amazing.

Budapest '06 Madagascar:

http://www.videosurf.com/video/guns-n%27-roses-budapest-06-madagascar-8638311

Edited by Rovim

Rio, is the best version of madagascar and Boston 02 is the best of s.o.d/theblues

Don't know about that bro. The Rio version is great, but the Budapest '06 version is the best by far imo. The ending chorus is fuckin' amazing.

Budapest '06 Madagascar:

no bucket, no good.

Madagascar is 'his' song

Budapest '06 Madagascar:

no bucket, no good.

Madagascar is 'his' song

I, too, swing from Bucket's nuts but just listen to the Budapest version again.

Budapest '06 Madagascar:

no bucket, no good.

Madagascar is 'his' song

I, too, swing from Bucket's nuts but just listen to the Budapest version again.

i have to agree..budapest is great

Definitely not better than Rio. It's a good performance, but nothing special IMO. The intro was really nice though.

You mean the performance where Axl runs along singing 'Iiiiiiiiiiiiii' so his voice wobbles all over the place, gets pissed off at the sound crew for the millionth time and sings the pivotal, screaming lines 'I'm free of all the chains...' etc in a hushbed whisper because he bottles it?

Definitely not better than Rio. It's a good performance, but nothing special IMO. The intro was really nice though.

You mean the performance where Axl runs along singing 'Iiiiiiiiiiiiii' so his voice wobbles all over the place, gets pissed off at the sound crew for the millionth time and sings the pivotal, screaming lines 'I'm free of all the chains...' etc in a hushbed whisper because he bottles it?

On the plus side (Rio): Bucket's solo was flawless, and Axl's singing before the 'Iiiiiiiiiiiii' (as you call it) was probably the best he ever sang it. It was a mixed bag, performance wise.

Edited by Rovim

On the plus side (Rio): Bucket's solo was flawless, and Axl's singing before the 'Iiiiiiiiiiiii' (as you call it) was probably the best he ever sang it. It was a mixed bag, performance wise.

man i love that intro. This incarnation IMO has altered the songs in good ways. I can't wait for them to hit the studio. Dear God please let it happen.