6 months later, CD vs. Slash

shotgunblues1978

CD vs. Slash - 6 months later  

110 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chinky

A racist term, derived by the word "chink", to describe anyone of Eastern Asian descent (i.e. Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc.). Not a "cool" term since it has been used against us in a negative fashion for centuries in the United States.

And one must take context into consideration.

I used it as a shortening of a name. It was not tagged to a particular person or race and therefore was not intended as a racial remark or to cause offence to anybody.

As such, I believe/know my comment was not racist in the slightest.

Also, as a side note: I do not live in the US. In the UK the word 'Chinky' is often used as a nickname for the takeaway food, rather than a person. Is that racist too? To nickname food based on country of origin?

Edited by Velvet-Rose

Is that racist too? To nickname food based on country of origin?

Yes.

LOL

And you couldn't possibly be shit stirring because im not a fan of Axl's bastardisation of Guns n Roses?

After all you did say:

"Good. Another one will bite the dust. One by one the haters will be banned."

Your word/opinion means sweet, sweet sod all.

I'm done with thread, it's pathetic and off topic.

Also, as a side note: I do not live in the US. In the UK the word 'Chinky' is often used as a nickname for the takeaway food, rather than a person. Is that racist too? To nickname food based on country of origin?

If I called something "n**ger food" would that be racist? Yes.

Edited by bacardimayne

If I called something "n**ger food" would that be racist? Yes.

Completely different.

N**ger is and always has been a derogatory word and is not the shortening of anything. It was created to name 'lesser' beings and is/has been used in a very negative way. Chinky is the shortening or nicknaming of a food made/sold by the Chinese. And referring to an album or food entitled Chinese as chinky is not racist as no offence is meant and hasn't been tagged to a single person or race.

I'm seriously done explaining this now. You can't reason with those who are unwilling to accept logic, are just looking for trouble or in some cases are bias against ones musical persuasion.

• 2 weeks later...