Do you think a new album is coming soon?

Vincent Vega

Release the vault material as CD2 in 2011,

during this time the band can write and record new songs between now and 2012 for an end of 2012 release,

by releasing the stuff from the vaults even late next year, it buys the band some time to come up with some fresh material, whilst leaving Buckets songs mostly untouched.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll see *at least* one more GNR album. Axl himself said he has always saw CD as a double album. And like the band has said on several occasions, they didn't record all those tracks just to not release them. They will come out eventually, hopefully sooner than later!

I'm willing to bet they do a US tour, and then release CD II.

I believe what Axl meant is the CD we have IS a double album. He grew up with vinyl and CD would not fit on one disc.

I think we'll see *at least* one more GNR album. Axl himself said he has always saw CD as a double album. And like the band has said on several occasions, they didn't record all those tracks just to not release them. They will come out eventually, hopefully sooner than later!

I believe what Axl meant is the CD we have IS a double album. He grew up with vinyl and CD would not fit on one disc.

That is NOT what he meant... He has even discussed and named some of the tracks from this upcoming album.

I don't think he meant that at all. User Your Illusion I and II was a double album, so Axl clearly understands that difference in the two at this stage.

That's not what he meant at all, he knows very well what a double album is... having released 'one' already. Plus he's already specifically mentioned that there is two records.

We know there's enough material for one and maybe two albums. Being from the Rose-Bucket-Finck era, I'm sure it's top material, and listen to the songs that are already legends here are a dream. But Ron seems to prefer to compose new stuff and Dj is very excited with all this "record new album" thing too. Of course they are.

I'm sure it would be a great material but I still want to listen what's left from Chinese Democracy. Camon Axl, release your Director's Cut, wedon't need promotion, we don't need anything else... I would be the happiest person here if I could have only a link on facebook and myspace to the songs, that kind of release s fine. I just want to listen to the songs. That's alll.

Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul" ("Soul Monster", formerly known as "Leave Me Alone"),

"Atlas Shrugged"

"Seven"

"The General" (Maybe Checkmate/Jackie Chan....maybe not)

"Thyme"

"Ides of March"

"Berlin" (formerly "Oklahoma")

"Zodiac"

"Quick Song"

"Down by the Ocean"(co-written by original member Izzy Stradlin).

Brain said he worked on somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 songs so that would make the math right.

So at least a full album. Not to mention maybe Oh my God and Silkworms.

I don't think he meant that at all. User Your Illusion I and II was a double album, so Axl clearly understands that difference in the two at this stage.

UYI I and II were BOTH double albums. 4 discs of vinyl.

"Axl, do you really have two or three other albums of material?

For now, we'll concentrate and keep our focus on this album, but I will say I've always thought of it as a double. And no offense, but no one's trying to talk in parables. The issues are a bit more complex than anyone would like."

You could really take that either way I guess but I am leaning more towards it being a double purely by it's length. CD is a double album when it comes to putting it on vinyl.

Edited by eggers

Guest King Of Spades

Yeah considering back in an interview in 1990 Axl said he considered UYI 4 albums. Basically I guess there's meaningful split.

Maybe thats the reason Axl said that there wasn't a specific reason Catcher was track 7 but the sequencing of songs.

I doubt we'll see a new album for a while yet. My guess is after the tour finishes work may start on a new album of some sort. I think it would be unlikely them releasing an album during a tour. I guess that they'll carry on touring well into 2011 so 2012 is a good estimate for a new album. Would also be 4 years since Chinese and its not uncommon for that to be the kind of gap in between albums for bands.

I think there is at least another albums worth of material somewhere which technically speaking could be released now but if it is untouched stuff from the Bucket/Finck era Axl may not want to release it without getting the current lineup to add some finishing touches to it (like with CD) or may not want to release it and simply leave it in the vault. I think, as others have said, record companies may be apprehensive to finance him making a new album from scratch after CD so the next 'new' album may be stuff from the CD era. My preference is more stuff from the CD era (first anyway), whilst I'd love the current lineup to make something from scratch, Chinese was a masterpiece so if there's other great stuff in a similar vein from the time it would be great to hear it.

I also doubt we'll hear much on the album front. I think one of the problems with Chinese was playing the songs and talking about the album years before it surfaced meaning people felt as though they were waiting a long time for it. And then of course there were the criticisms over how long it took. Saying that though I guess one of the reasons the Chinese took so long is that Axl was rebuilding the band from scratch and Bucket leaving must have thrown a spanner in the works. With the current lineup seeming pretty stable I doubt the wait will be as long as it was for Chinese.

There is no reason, if Axl was being honest about the reasons for delays, that we shouldn't expect at least have the rest of the CD-era stuff within a year or so. It makes sense for the studio to release it as well. Another cash grab for them. Also it may allow Axl to fulfill his record contracts and try something else.

Edited by tange

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be surprised if we don't see an album before the US tour. We know Axl's got enough songs for another album. He should just cut a deal with the record company and get them released. Assuming that's possible?

Edited by ITW 2012

I would be happy if they just released 1 song in 2011 (one of their strongets would be good) and let it permeate in the charts and on the radio whilst the band go off touring the states for a few months, than back recording for a release in 2012

that would make the most sense, something to satisfy the fans whilst also giving themselves plenty of time to put something of real quality together for 2012 (both marketing and song quality wise).