Axl Rose Relaxation App

doakes

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now lets talk about innovation, specifically of the iPhone. Multi-touch, a simple app market, and ease of use on a touchscreen; where was all this before the iPhone?

Multi-touch was created by the University of Toronto in 1982, and further perfected by Bell Labs in 1984. One of the first big commercial applications was the Microsoft Surface interface (seen frequently being used on TV news networks) in 2001. Apple may have been the first to implement it in a cell phone, but they did not create it - though Steve Jobs did wrongly claim it was "invented" by Apple in 2006 saying "....we have invented a new technology called Multi-touch". Sorry Steve, you may have been the first to successfully implement it's use in a cell phone but it was in no way "invented" by Apple.

I will not deny that Apple has innovated and obviously provides a product people like or it wouldn't be successful. But I think the closed sand-box they force developers and users into isn't ideal nor does it ultimately benefit end-users. Also, since they were first to do multi-touch on a phone (and everyone else ripped them off apparently) and Android did multi-tasking first does that mean by your logic that Apple "ripped-off" Android?

[\quote]

Nice to know that you know your history, but yes, Apple did not invent Multitouch, but they did reinvent it. And Apple had been playing around with Multitouch years before the iPhone. I'm sure it's common knowledge now but we were developing the iPad before the phone even came to fruition. We started using it way back in 2002 when we wanted to create a touch screen Mac, it wasn't until 2004 when Steve decided it should be on a more mobile device, and in 2005 we set the iPad aside for a phone. So yes, I do believe Apple did innovate Multitouch. And I'm not too sure where you got that little Android Multitouch tidbit from, Android didn't even exist until a year after the iPhone did.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S and the wife has an iphone 4. I was going to get the iphone but when I tried out the S the iphone seemed like a toy! There is just so much more my phone can do. Yeah the app store from Apple is bigger and easier to find stuff for the average user but you have to remember that Google runs the Android Market place and they want you to use there search engine to find the apps which results in more advertising dollars for them I guess. For me that is the only MAJOR thing I would change.

I have jailbroken my wifes phone and it was so laggy that we closed it back up. I also rooted my Galaxy S and the same thing it was very laggy, done some research and you can fix the S if you want to take the time to do but the iphone it just is what it is. I am running the unoffical/offical Android 2.2 on it and I must say it was an improvement.

It's all comes down to choice and what a person wants, I like choices so the Android OS is perfect for me.

In all industuries a company will take credit for inventing a product when all they have done is dust off an old design and made it better. Not saying that they didn't revamp the whole thing but that still doesn't mean that they invented it.

I'm not upset that people aren't more stoked about the relaxation app... It's a pretty simple topic and definitely doesn't require 4 pages of non sense.

Mac or Android or Windows, get the fuck outta my thread and go talk about this somewhere else

ive got an iphone 3gs, and im quiet happy with it, although if u leave it on for a few days without doing a hard turn off, than it fucks up quiet substantially

and besides, can androids be 'jailbroken' cause if they cant, fuck that, ill stay with the iphone, I CBF paying for apps, give me some free ones thanks.

They cant be jailbroken, but they can be "rooted" which allows you to do whatever you want with the operating system. I have an Ipod touch and the Evo 4g. I love them both...Ipod kills android as far as apps go..You can only install like 4 big apps on the evo before getting the "phone is low on space" alert, then you cant install anything else untill you delete an app or two. I have never had that issue with my ipod touch.

Plus with sprint you *have* to pay an extra $10 a month for "4g access"...even though their are only 10 cities with 4g, and even then in those cities you have to be close to downtown to get the signal.

I've been letting my wife use my ipod for the "white noise" app, I may have to replace it with the Axl app....hey i mean what would I rather listen to?, A waterfall or Axl?...Axl all day.

I too have an EVO 4g phone and an ipod touch. I have never had an issue with memory and I never upgraded the memory with a different memory card (which you can not do on an ipod/iphone). But if you still have the phone and it's an issue, make sure you save the apps to your SD card instead of the phone. As far as the "having" to pay $10, that is only for the EVO, not all android phones, because of the 4G. Apple, you have to pay for the data plan on each device, even if it's on the same plan, where as Sprint, you pay $30 for (I think) up to two or three devices (I only have two so I know that is for sure).

But as was stated before, everyone has different needs and people will always like different things, it's what being your own person is all about!

Sorry to continue to hijack this thread, but yes, I'll will try to find this app when I get home on my ipod!

Sorry to waste your time.

I'm not upset that people aren't more stoked about the relaxation app... It's a pretty simple topic and definitely doesn't require 4 pages of non sense.

Mac or Android or Windows, get the fuck outta my thread and go talk about this somewhere else

Sorry Doakes! Cool name though! LOL!

What does the app do? Is it actual gnr music or white noise with a picture of Axl?

5* pages about an app, and no one has actually mentioned what the fucking app actually does? lol cool thread bros

Edited by gunns5

Haha! Well, someone talked about it a little-- Somewhere in those 5 pages.

I'm actually on my computer now, so I'm a little more free to type.

The feature on the Jimmy Fallon application, basically will display a nature element-- With nature sounds-- Then the Axl pic will fly in and then it's just some awful impression of him. Probably Jimmy doing the impression. We all know that bastard just gets such a great deal of joy by laughing at his own material...

It's ridiculous.... But strangely enough the subtleties in the impression kind of shows that it was done in good spirits, by a a fan. Sometimes he'll just extend a word, like the end of don't cry for a stupidly long time, going through the octaves.

Lol no. My Apple rants aren't welcome here, so I won't continue them. And I am glad you're an investor, you're rolling in that Apple dough arent you? We've been doing well for ourselves dont you think? But no, my job isn't to clean toilets at Apple HQ, I'm just a little more important than that. But man, I gotta tell ya, the bathrooms here are spotless. I'll make sure to tell Steve that you're a very important person to use. He'll send you a free iPad or something; I cant do much because I'm busy making sure the game apps are up to standard and everything is going well in the game center.

So you're a geek. An immature one at that. Good luck developing the newest and boldest fart-machine app for the iPhone. I'd like to think my investment was helping to pay developers at Apple to come up with applications to help me out with real life things a little better... something the Droid Incredible does better than the iPhone, among a host of other things... along with reliability.

Tell Steve-o for me to get the iPhone on the Verizon network, offer better plans (including insurance plans... something like 6 bucks a month for total replacement if the phone gets lost, stolen or damaged for ANY reason) and to quit the hissy-fit-take-my-ball-and-go-home mentality that apparently everyone at Apple has, based on your comments, and allow cross platform development to make our lives easier and the iPhone more appealing.

You can also tell him the 80's called, they want their shoes back, you know, tomorrow when you have lunch with your good old pal.

Is there a way I can lock or delete my thread... It's like a goddamned rabid puppy that I just need to put down.

at the risk of keeping this thread alive, no , I dont thin kyou can lock your own thread lolll, pm a mod