Axl Rose Relaxation App

doakes

Lol at Android, you'll never have that App. But yea, it's called "LNJF". We approved it at the end of October I think, but I didnt get to play around with it though because it wasnt a "game" app.

Watch this flash video, oh wait, you can't watch flash on your Iphone.

Fail

Flash will fail just like Real Player. Anyone with a brain knows it's only a matter of time.

Why can't I get it on mine?

I have searched:

Jimmy Fallon

LNJF

Late Night

Axl Rose

?

It could be region specific so depending on where you live, you might not have it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cdlove... I love you. But stop. I know you work for Apple and all, and you feel it's your obligation to try to "set things straight" every time someones makes a small crack, whether it be in seriousness or not, but, each time I read one of your long, information-filled responses, it just makes me want to /facepalm.

The iPhone and Droid are just the like 360 and PS3. And in this case, you're the 360 fan-boy. :/

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

I have searched:

Jimmy Fallon

LNJF

Late Night

Axl Rose

?

It could be region specific so depending on where you live, you might not have it.

Thanks.

So can mygnrforum members get 20% off Apple products through you?

Edited by Sleeping Like An Angel

Cdlove... I love you. But stop. I know you work for Apple and all, and you feel it's your obligation to try to "set things straight" every time someones makes a small crack, whether it be in seriousness or not, but, each time I read one of your long, information-filled responses, it just makes me want to /facepalm.

The iPhone and Droid are just the like 360 and PS3. And in this case, you're the 360 fan-boy. :/

God no, 360 sucks.

I have searched:

Jimmy Fallon

LNJF

Late Night

Axl Rose

?

Thanks.

So can mygnrforum members get 20% off Apple products through you?

No, I cant do that.

God no, 360 sucks.

You know what I meant.

God no, 360 sucks.

You know what I meant.

That U mad because your phone is bigger than your penis? Lol, I got ya. But it's hard for me to tone it down. You gotta understand, I have Apple in my blood.

God no, 360 sucks.

You know what I meant.

That U mad because your phone is bigger than your penis? Lol, I got ya. But it's hard for me to tone it down. You gotta understand, I have Apple in my blood.

I know, I know. It's the internet though, so don't feel as obligated. If it were in person, I would understand more. But on MYGNR? No.

God no, 360 sucks.

You know what I meant.

I know, I know. It's the internet though, so don't feel as obligated. If it were in person, I would understand more. But on MYGNR? No.

MYGnR is in person.

Agreed. His posts feel like brainwashed propaganda at times.

Lol at Android, you'll never have that App. But yea, it's called "LNJF". We approved it at the end of October I think, but I didnt get to play around with it though because it wasnt a "game" app.

we as in you work at apple?

Yesir.

Yea it's part of some Apple promotion, so I doubt it'll come out for anything else unfortunately. Yea, lol at Android as it overtakes the iPhone as the #1 phone OS. Apple is worse than Microsoft in many ways, and yet the media never stops the endless hyping. I don't even use an Android phone but I am certainly enjoying watching Apple scramble to get on a decent carrier now that the tide has turned.

Android isnt overtaking Apple in anything. Apple has one phone line while the Android OS has 20, plus it's a free OS. No tide has turned, we treat Android as the cheap knockoff it is.

cool!

lol, android wont ever overtake apple :lol:

I'm a video editor. I have three iMac's of varying processor speeds, two dual processor G5's, two quad processor PowerMac's and a MacBook Pro. I'm an all Mac guy. PC's make me cringe.

That said, I'm a previous owner of the iPhone. It's a wonderful phone, no doubt. A computer in your pocket, really. But, I recently made the switch to Verizon and the Droid Incredible because of some pretty big discounts I'm getting through my job.

And I must say, the Incredible blows the iPhone out of the water. Quite literally. It's, well, incredible.

Not to mention the better plans with Verizon and replacement policies. I pay $6 a month insurance on the phone. Lost my first one, and they simply gave me a new one.

Lose your iPhone and you're out a few hundred bucks.

I'd take the Incredible over the iPhone anyday. It syncs with all my MAC stuff, just like the iPhone, has the same identical apps... and some better.

It is what it is.

Okay, as much as I want to give a long winded response on why you're being wrong on so many levels, I don't feel like stooping to this level of stupidity. So I'll just leave you with the App store has 4x more apps than the android market, if you want to compare anything, dont compare apps.

You work for Apple? I thought folks that worked for my favorite company would avoid insulting one of their investors. Not only that, but you sound like you're taking your ball and going home. Real mature. I'll try not to let it phase me though, you probably just clean the bathrooms in some of the offices over there at Apple HQ.

As for apps and the amount of apps... ummm... yea, I don't need 50,000 apps on my phone. I think I have about 6 that I've downloaded and installed. If you're some geek that needs every "fart-machine" and "beer-goggles" app (I wouldn't put it past you considering you seem like an immature child insulting me for merely making a real-life observation about the two phones), more power to you.

The bottom line is, I've used both the iPhone and Droid Incredible extensively. And quite frankly the Incredible beats the iPhone in ease of use, reaction time, offers the same 'must-have' apps that are actually useful, has access to the battery, has a better operating system that the user can customize to their liking and offers a better network, calling and data plans and insurance coverage than the iPhone.

The only thing I'm envious of with the iPhone is the new Facetime feature... pretty cool.

But other than that, less a multitude of worthless apps to choose from that were mostly made by 13 year old 'developers', you know, the "fart machines" and "shake me and see how hot you are on a scale of 1-10", once again, I prefer the Droid Incredible over the iPhone.

I've owned or own both phones. That's my opinion. If that puts me on some level of stupidity in your mind, I pity you.

I can't believe all I did was state my opinion just to get insulted.

Grow up.

Edited by Matt13

Lol no. My Apple rants aren't welcome here, so I won't continue them. And I am glad you're an investor, you're rolling in that Apple dough arent you? We've been doing well for ourselves dont you think? But no, my job isn't to clean toilets at Apple HQ, I'm just a little more important than that. But man, I gotta tell ya, the bathrooms here are spotless. I'll make sure to tell Steve that you're a very important person to use. He'll send you a free iPad or something; I cant do much because I'm busy making sure the game apps are up to standard and everything is going well in the game center.

ive got an iphone 3gs, and im quiet happy with it, although if u leave it on for a few days without doing a hard turn off, than it fucks up quiet substantially

and besides, can androids be 'jailbroken' cause if they cant, fuck that, ill stay with the iphone, I CBF paying for apps, give me some free ones thanks.

Edited by gunns5

ive got an iphone 3gs, and im quiet happy with it, although if u leave it on for a few days without doing a hard turn off, than it fucks up quiet substantially

and besides, can androids be 'jailbroken' cause if they cant, fuck that, ill stay with the iphone, I CBF paying for apps, give me some free ones thanks.

They cant be jailbroken, but they can be "rooted" which allows you to do whatever you want with the operating system. I have an Ipod touch and the Evo 4g. I love them both...Ipod kills android as far as apps go..You can only install like 4 big apps on the evo before getting the "phone is low on space" alert, then you cant install anything else untill you delete an app or two. I have never had that issue with my ipod touch.

Plus with sprint you *have* to pay an extra $10 a month for "4g access"...even though their are only 10 cities with 4g, and even then in those cities you have to be close to downtown to get the signal.

I've been letting my wife use my ipod for the "white noise" app, I may have to replace it with the Axl app....hey i mean what would I rather listen to?, A waterfall or Axl?...Axl all day.

It's been a ball and chain type of problem, but not to worry; we'll ease that chain shortly.

And no matter how much you'd deny it, the chain easing has been sped up by the existence of marketplace competition.

And calling fans of a product "a cult" seems quite childish dont you think? It's fans of a quality object, not a cult.

No, I don't believe it's childish. Some Apple fanatics (not all users, in fact it's probably a minority) would line up to buy anything they put out. As the saying goes, Steve Jobs could crap in a box and people would line up for it.

As far as removable battery and expendable memory, we are here to please the ones who enjoy the anesthetics and beauty; if you want cheap plastic batteries, go somewhere else.

Those are things done to please Apple's bottom line. How does not having a user-replaceable battery and a memory slot help anyone except Apple? It's done so that after you've had the phone for two years and the battery starts going / the amount of memory is out-dated you are pushed into buying a new device, that's all. I believe that just as the chain is being eased on AT&T exclusivity these things may eventually change too. That's something the fan-boys seem to forget - competition is going to breed better products all-around.

Now lets talk about innovation, specifically of the iPhone. Multi-touch, a simple app market, and ease of use on a touchscreen; where was all this before the iPhone?

Multi-touch was created by the University of Toronto in 1982, and further perfected by Bell Labs in 1984. One of the first big commercial applications was the Microsoft Surface interface (seen frequently being used on TV news networks) in 2001. Apple may have been the first to implement it in a cell phone, but they did not create it - though Steve Jobs did wrongly claim it was "invented" by Apple in 2006 saying "....we have invented a new technology called Multi-touch". Sorry Steve, you may have been the first to successfully implement it's use in a cell phone but it was in no way "invented" by Apple.

I will not deny that Apple has innovated and obviously provides a product people like or it wouldn't be successful. But I think the closed sand-box they force developers and users into isn't ideal nor does it ultimately benefit end-users. Also, since they were first to do multi-touch on a phone (and everyone else ripped them off apparently) and Android did multi-tasking first does that mean by your logic that Apple "ripped-off" Android?

I dont believe Palm(a company that had to be bought out do to its failures)

Ironically Palm may have failed because it's hardware model imitated Apple. First, launching exclusively on Sprint was a bad idea. Then it was followed up with one of the worst advertising campaigns in recent history, then a possibly worse one when it finally did get to Verizon (far too late after the Android-party had started). One carrier and one manufacturer, sound familiar?

However on the software side, I personally believe Palm's webOS to be the best mobile OS available, even if the phones didn't sell well. Sales aren't the only indicator of whether or not something is "good". webOS is why the world's largest computer company Hewlett-Packard bought Palm and are planning to implement it in 5-6 new devices to be announced at CES. webOS is Linux-based, and while not full open-source HP/Palm makes it incredibly easy to develop for and actually supports the hacking and tweaking of it's OS - they even hired one of the home brew developers full-time. It also shines at multi-tasking. TRUE multi-tasking mind you, not the Apple kind which allows a handful of system API's to run while minimized and that's it. I can literally open 40 applications and quickly switch though them all, and they can ALL keep running. Some do pause when minimized but that is the developers choice to make and no one else. I am glad the OS will live-on though it will be an amazingly uphill battle with all of the competitors.

Google(simple monkey see monkey do effect)

If Google was the exclusive hardware maker I'd agree with you but it's obvious their business model differs greatly from Apple's. They are filling a need though (physical keyboard, multi-tasking apps, removable batteries, reliable network, expandable memory, etc.) and grabbing market-share at a steady-pace. This should ultimately make iPhone fans happy, as it's only going to force Apple's hand a bit on some of those restrictions they love so much.

I'll be laughing along with Steve Jobs and everyone who works here at Cupertino when Flash will become the next Real Player.

It's simple: Steve likes to have control, Flash takes some of that control away, period. He can say it's because it's buggy and crashes all day long - it's quite stable on my computers and the bugs are long-gone. I've had my problems with them too, but the good news for me is now that they are making enemies they seem to be treating the remaining friends they do have a little better. That is to say, Flash was always a problem on Linux systems and recent updates have it running much smoother and stable, and for that I am glad.

Android cannot be jailbroken no.

As the previous poster said it's called "rooting" and yes you can run pirated apps.

Don't worry no more stupid-big posts from me........

Admit it, isn't it nice to have a little back and forth on mygnr about something other than Axl vs Slash or Old Guns vs New Guns?

Edited by sphere79

And no matter how much you'd deny it, the chain easing has been sped up by the existence of marketplace competition.

True, but that wont matter. Apple still has the most popular phone in the world. And in the U.S, sure Android may have more O.S users; throughout the world though, that's a different story.

No, I don't believe it's childish. Some Apple fanatics (not all users, in fact it's probably a minority) would line up to buy anything they put out. As the saying goes, Steve Jobs could crap in a box and people would line up for it.

The same could be said about any company. Microsoft, Guns n' Roses, Google, all have these type of fans. Microsoft selling 40,000 Windows 7 phones is proof of this.

Those are things done to please Apple's bottom line. How does not having a user-replaceable battery and a memory slot help anyone except Apple? It's done so that after you've had the phone for two years and the battery starts going / the amount of memory is out-dated you are pushed into buying a new device, that's all. I believe that just as the chain is being eased on AT&T exclusivity these things may eventually change too. That's something the fan-boys seem to forget - competition is going to breed better products all-around.
'

I'm not a fanboy i'm a employee. And again, it's for anesthetics, nothing else.

To be continued...