Happy 11th Anniversary Live Era '87-'93

Guest King Of Spades

It's a bit of an arse where parts are re-recorded. I understand mixing and taking out/turning down backing vocals if they're a bit shit.

But essentially it should be the performace. The idea of a live show is that you're left thinking "wow they did THAT live" and it's the differences from the album that make live performances special. If the sound fucked up and they recorded a bit of the bass because it was lost in the mix, or spliced something from some other show because the quality of sound was better then it's all good. But vainly re-recording things is a bit too much.

I wish they released an untouched HQ version of a 1993 concert. Argentina 1993 is immense, and if there was a full length version put out officially that would be excellent. A CD and DVD option in 2013 to mark the 20th Anniversary of the last concert of the semi original GNR would be a perfect release IMO. It will never happen though.

LP

I love Live Era.

I am at the point where I can play the entire two discs on random and within the first second know what song is about to play by the sounds of the crowd.

Sure, I can understand why some people dont like it, but I do :shrugs:

yeah agreed, too many critics of this album, its got some great tracks and so what if they rerecorded a few parts, a lot of bands do that these days

I love Live Era.

I am at the point where I can play the entire two discs on random and within the first second know what song is about to play by the sounds of the crowd.

Sure, I can understand why some people dont like it, but I do :shrugs:

yeah agreed, too many critics of this album, its got some great tracks and so what if they rerecorded a few parts, a lot of bands do that these days

Alot of bands lip sync and have other people write their music too. Does that make it "cool" or the right thing to do?

Edited by Nintari