Do you think we'll ever see Axl's "book"

Vincent Vega

Axl should do a book as it can be a real cleansing of the soul experience. It would be interesting to hear things from his perspective, his version of the "truth" on what went down...

Can't see him doing it as he is too sensitive to criticism and you know any autobiography he would write would bring down a shit storm of criticism on him...

I'm looking forward to Duff's book but get the feeling he is too timid to get into the dirty details of his experiences with Axl during his GnR years and I can't see Izzy writing a book so I don't think we will ever get the complete picture...........

Duff's book will be too "politically correct" on both ends, not just Axl. He'll probably white wash Slash's side of it too, and in effect it will be a totally white washed, not really realistic look, at that period.

Why? Because Slash and he are friends; He isn't going to risk that friendship, and because he and Axl have just become friends again and he isn't going to risk that either.

So I wouldn't expect his book to have any real, objective tidbits about either Axl or Slash's part in their break up.

Izzy was only there until 1991, and he's spoken pretty much probably all there is to tell about his last years in the band in interviews, so a book by Izzy probably wouldn't yield any new insight that he already given us in interviews. Maybe some retrospective feelings on stuff we already know, but that's it.

Axl and Slash's books are the most important. Slash got his side out there, Axl should too. We have the words of the others in interviews and whatnot from over the last 10-20 years, so if Axl writes a book a complete, composite picture of what happened from all points of view could be formed. Axl's side is the missing piece.

We've had Izzy, Matt and Gilby talk a lot in interviews about their POV; We had Duff give his side in interviews; We have Slash's book; We have Marc as a generally objective observer giving his POV. We don't have Axl's detailed POV, and we don't have the POV of Del or Robert John or anyone else who was around the band in 1994-1997.

I left out Steven because he was only there until 1990 and the '85-90 period doesn't interest me as much as the 1990-1997 period.

Edited by Indigo Child