December 16th Abu Dhabi Concert Thread

ManetsBR

What a show.

Best part, my friends and family fucking LOVED it. Even I was surprised how much everybody else enjoyed it.

And to top it all off, here's a POSITIVE review:

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/rock-band-vows-20-000-fans-with-guns-n-roses

My 6th show, and I still can't wait to see them again.

My dad took some pics and vids, will upload later, but they're taken with the shitty camera on the new iPod touch, don't expect HD :P

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82

Funny how the middle east and europe largely hate Americans and our lifestyle, yet show up in droves for anything 'western'.

i hope you're kidding

no.

No we just don't appreciate dumb b******* like you.

Edited by RonMexico82

Funny how the middle east and europe largely hate Americans and our lifestyle, yet show up in droves for anything 'western'.

i hope you're kidding

no.

One of the many genius elements of music is that it has a universal appeal.

Invading and bombing countries for no reason other than to benefit your own gain is the reason why people hate america, a whole different argument all together, that is so far removed from Guns N Roses playing a concert.

You werent joking???? oh damn, you're one stupid thick fuck, then.

i hope you're kidding

no.

well, chances are you'd hate theirs, but i guess you bought that idea sold long time ago

truth is most of the middle east and europe largely have nothing against americans or "your lifestyle "

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/student-owns-30-supercars

Apparently Axl did an interview with Gulf News in Abu Dhabi.

You should read it, good laugh.

Almost as amusing as your cuntish bits of commentary,grow up.

And yet you persist to make a comment on everything I say? Yeah, I'm definately the childish one. What was your problem this time? Please, enlighten me.

Anyone notice that Axls voice was a little 2002ish at this show?

Past few shows it seems to have cropped up from time to time, though I think it was deliberate on his part to preserve his voice. When he has used the rasp it's sounded quite rough, as if his throat is irritated.

From NewGNRnOldGNR:

I contacted the site:
Where is the "interview" outlined in the below link? Or when will it become available? http://gulfnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/guns-n-roses-singer-axl-rose-gives-his-first-interview-in-14-years-1.731671

Response:

Dear,

Thank you for your feedback. We have forwarded it to our Web section for comment. They have responded that it will go up on the site tonight. Thank you.

Regards,

Manuel almario

Community Journalist

Gulf News

axlinterviewinfo.jpg

Edited by Chinese Destruction

My review of the concert last thursday.

Abu Dhabi and the Bedouins - A Guns N' Roses Night in the Sands

by dxbgunner

After 4 years since the first rumor came up that Guns N Roses will be playing the middle east (it was first reported that Guns supposed to play a New Year's Eve Concert to welcome 2007), it finally came to fulfilment as the new line up wows the 25,000 or so Bedouins in attendance. Sorry to disappoint the hard-rocker axlites and the melodramatic-ultrafast Ron-ites followers but no, the song Rhiad and the Bedouins was not part of the 20+ song setlist, still the only song from the new album not played live in the current tour, that include new songs from the band's 2008 Chinese Democracy Album. It would have been more fitting to play Rhiad in the land of the Bedouins than any of the new songs but maybe in Riyadh!

My link

http://www.timeoutabudhabi.com/gallery/19969-guns-n-roses-in-abu-dhabi?image=22

Some cool Axl Pics in gallery of photos.

gunsandroses_22_gallery.jpg

Guy at the front with the black GNR T-shirt is The_Bedouin from HTGTH, I'm the bearded guy in the white T-shirt behind him and the Italian chicks who had come from Rome for the show.

Been trying to upload vids, but goddamn proxies mean that in the past 6 hours I've only managed to upload 38% of one vid (Don't Cry) to YouTube. Will let this one upload, but will upload rest once I'm back in the UK in January. Most aren't that great (my dad was taking them, it was his first GNR show, understandable if he got a little excited ;) ), but some like Nightrain and Don't Cry are pretty good quality.