Mike Clink

Ghostie

Thanks, Mike. You are in ways to Guns as George Martin was to the Beatles. AFD is a classic, but those well written tunes may have faltered if you were not there to make it such a cohesive product. Fuck, even when the band was beginning to flow away from each other, you managed to make the Illusions sound way more like a cohesive album than they had a right to. Cheers!

n725075089_288918_2774.jpg?1230683322

Still, makes a change from discussing Axl's mostache.

And i do wonder what 'Chinese' would sound like had he produced it

Please photo-shop Axl's stash on that pear, for the sake of emphasis please!

Edited by Ghostie

Considering all the producers Axl blew through and the style of producing clean uncluttered albums I doubt Mike Clink would have had much influence on ChiDem or lasted very long working with Axl these days..............

Clink did have a very very short stint at Chidem during the Robin/Freese(sans Bucket) era. Didn't work out though... Would have loved to see each producer's(Clink, Roy Thomas Baker, Sean Beaven's) "versions" of the songs. Apparently Sean Beaven's was the most industrial.

Considering all the producers Axl blew through and the style of producing clean uncluttered albums I doubt Mike Clink would have had much influence on ChiDem or lasted very long working with Axl these days..............

Clink did have a very very short stint at Chidem during the Robin/Freese(sans Bucket) era. Didn't work out though... Would have loved to see each producer's(Clink, Roy Thomas Baker, Sean Beaven's) "versions" of the songs. Apparently Sean Beaven's was the most industrial.

Clink was there for the Axl/Robin/Paul/Duff/Matt/Dizzy sessions in probably January 1997.

By March or April, Moby was producing the sessions--And these were some of Matt's last sessions with the band before his exit from the band. It was during this time that Oh My God was written musically by Dizzy and Paul.

Beaven didn't come in until the summer or early fall of 1998.

Roy Thomas Baker apparently set them back A LOT as he was even more of a perfectionist than Axl. None of the band really liked him or so I've read.

Edited by Indigo Child

Clink was there for the Axl/Robin/Paul/Duff/Matt/Dizzy sessions in probably January 1997.

By March or April, Moby was producing the sessions--And these were some of Matt's last sessions with the band before his exit from the band. It was during this time that Oh My God was written musically by Dizzy and Paul.

Beaven didn't come in until the summer or early fall of 1998.

Roy Thomas Baker apparently set them back A LOT as he was even more of a perfectionist than Axl. None of the band really liked him or so I've read.

Moby never produced the record. He hung out with the band for a week or so and turned down an offer to produce:

"I would have had to move to L.A. for 10 months to do it," he explains. Rose was interested in Moby after hearing Animal Rights. "Even though it means giving up a couple of million dollars, I had to say no."

http://citypaper.net/earshot/earshot.1297/zoom.moby.shtml