Is Guns (both OLD and NEW) a niche thing, a thing of the past?

Vincent Vega

hey dude, have you ever been to a GNR concert lately?

so... how about attending one, whenever you'll get the chance if ever GNR will start a new tour.

already have, what of it?

because these guys, who play now in GNR are better than him.

...and yet we're waiting for a song from NewGuns with an iconic riff or solo as wttj, scom, nr, estr, ycbm... :shrugs:

Edited by misch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so... how about attending one, whenever you'll get the chance if ever GNR will start a new tour.

look man, I'd written it already,

so, go be pretentious and a man of few words somewhere else,

here, I'm inside me, your're not fulling anyone.

from my perspective, you are a good forum poster but have no perspective on the whole picture.

chating is fine but it's waste of time.

here it is, my full and last answer to you:

GNR is a living beast, the band members come and go,

and there's nothing we can do about it.

yes there are incarnations better than others, for me the actual band is the one, at this moment,

but this would be way to philosophical for you, if I'll try and explain it to you, that in 1990-1993 the band that was then, was the best one for me, then. just then. it could never re-be, because that's how it is: they don't have the same age, same attitude (well at least Slash and Matt lost theirs), haven't played together for so long. Slash was good but just inside GNR, that's exactly why he or you or anyone else go on an on about him returning to GNR. if he was good on his own, he'd prove it by now, and never look back. I mean com'on, do you have the stupidity to put him, for real (don't care about magazine or polls) second after Jimi Hendrix man?! that guy done all his parts, composed all of his music, this guy, well he did got some parts right but that's as far as he could go. all of his albums after leaving GNR lack something, and that is - the spirit of GNR.

and if you or anyone else are so found of Slash being in GNR again, just take a big breath, hold it to infinity, and maybe then, he'll be welcomed back in GNR. that's the trick right? why should he be welcomed back and not ask for?

because Axl has the power, because these guys, who play now in GNR are better than him.

and even if they weren't Axl would not, and could not ask Slash to come back,

that would be like why all the struggle to reform GNR in the first place?!

would you, after ten's of years of work at something you believe in, when your supposed best friend left you to do it on your own, would you call him back after to get the thing running without him?

but this creature is going forward and it's not gonna go back

and become an nostalgia act.

the reasons GNR is still alive n' kicking is because the band it is at it is,

and not as you, are any nostalgic would want it to be.

yes I know you won't understand much of this, and you'll come back with some empty 2 lines answer,

but this is not intended. what it is, for you to remind me if I'll ever forget and reply to one of your posts,

that I wrote here today I wouldn't no more.

peace man.

God bless your soul!

bye now, and for ever.

:sleeper: another guy trying to pass opinion as fact. I can do that too, but probably in less words, y'know, as a courtesy to our fine forum members.

...and yet we're waiting for a song from NewGuns with an iconic riff or solo as wttj, scom, nr, estr, ycbm... :shrugs:

you're true on Welcome to the Jungle.

hahaha, guess you still don't know what's Slash opinion on Sweet Child O'Mine? his playing was noticed by Axl, and that's how the song got written.

and Estranged and November Rain are Axl's songs man. you do lack info, I gotta give you that.

and You Could Be Mine is Izzy's and Axl's baby man!

where are you from exactly? I mean what class? what room?

look man, I'd written it already,

so, go be pretentious and a man of few words somewhere else,

here, I'm inside me, your're not fulling anyone.

from my perspective, you are a good forum poster but have no perspective on the whole picture.

chating is fine but it's waste of time.

yes I know you won't understand much of this, and you'll come back with some empty 2 lines answer,

but this is not intended. what it is, for you to remind me if I'll ever forget and reply to one of your posts,

that I wrote here today I wouldn't no more.

Agreed. moreblack's two word or so posts are annoying. Those don't contribute really anything. This isn't MSN.

Does post long, rambling, redundant commentary somehow convey more meaning?

hahaha, guess you still don't know what's Slash opinion on Sweet Child O'Mine? his playing was noticed by Axl, and that's how the song got written.

and Estranged and November Rain are Axl's songs man. you do lack info, I gotta give you that.

He did say "riff or solo" though, and the guitar work on NR and Estranged is Slash's.

it was Adler that noticed it first. Izzy started jamming along. But if not for Stevie it would've got lost in time...

What Slash thinks about SCOM is totally irrelevant, isn't it?

Estranged and NR are Axls songs, yes, but what does that have to do with Slashs guitar work on it?

And did YOU forget what Axl said about Slashs work on Estranged: "Thanks Slash for the killer guitar melodies"

You should get your facts straight and actually read my posts more carefully, cause as Changes already pointed out, I talked about riffs and solos...

Edited by misch

He did say "riff or solo" though, and the guitar work on NR and Estranged is Slash's.

It was his contribution to the composition and yes, it added something very special.

Estranged and NR are Axls songs, yes, but what does that have to do with Slashs guitar work on it?

And did YOU forget what Axl said about Slashs work on Estranged: "Thanks Slash for the killer guitar melodies"

You should get your facts straight and actually read my posts more carefully, cause as Changes already pointed out, I talked about riffs and solos...

well said, it ain't all about Axl, it is now, if that's what you're used to.

But it certainly wasn't the case back in the day.

How bout this. Slash is responsible for the great SCOM riff and Axl gets credit for wonderful lyrics and a great vocal? Together these two make the best rock ever. I mean c'mon people. They made great music together and we are nitpicking here. One of my favorite GNR stories is when all five of them were in a van and they made up Paradise City. Or walking down the street loaded on Nightrain making up lyrics. These are great legendary stories.

Nice sig pic :thumbsup:

yeah man you're right! sorry. tired.

I don't thing that was ever the case for me to take way what the man did!

Slash was my favorite guitar player back in the day!

and you're right about the fact that if it wasn't for him... hm well!? :shrugs: I know man, I know.

I got into GNR when they were in the UYI formula, and it took me some time to realize that the drummer isn't the same as in the AFD videos.... B).

How bout this. Slash is responsible for the great SCOM riff and Axl gets credit for wonderful lyrics and a great vocal? Together these two make the best rock ever. I mean c'mon people. They made great music together and we are nitpicking here. One of my favorite GNR stories is when all five of them were in a van and they made up Paradise City. Or walking down the street loaded on Nightrain making up lyrics. These are great legendary stories.

right on man: they made great music together :thumbsup: so that's that.

it in the past. past can not replicate it self,

it's a fact they wouldn't create now what they did back then!

and certainly they won't make something better.

nostalgia is fine for a while...

but living it for the rest of ones life will get them into depression, hatred, and so on.