Who here wants Guns to venture into darker/sadder material?

Young_Gun

Specifically the last half of the song. So much pain and emotion in the vocals and guitars.

NO! Chinese Democracy was dark and melancholic enough. What's the total amount of new, simple, fun and rocking songs from new Gn'R? Yeah, Scraped, that's it.

Scraped, Chidem, Riad, Shackler's even Better is a fun rocking song.

I would love to see a more dense, darker, ethereal album. Something closer to AiC.

Down in a hole with Axl on vocals... The world would stop.

I like the way you think. altough, I would be more interessed to listen to Axl on Rooster.

Now, I reeeaaally would love to see a dark and downtuned song with mid to slow riffs (low and slow). Something like This I Love meets Acid Bubble, Mailman (Soundgarden) and baritone/extended range guitars. I would also appreciate some extremely high and liquid notes(harmonics/whammy+flanger/chorus) in order to make a ghastly contrast. That would be awesome!

I like the feeling of this song. It's not incredebly downtuned, but I would love to see Axl singing something like this...

I agree with this. Load was underrated as well. Even Axl singing something like Until it Sleeps would be absolutely epic...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be cool if the next bunch of songs didn't involve heartbreak as much but whatever Axl decides to release I'll enjoy it.

An acoustic song or an instrumental would be a nice surprise.

An acoustic or instrumental song? Great Idea! This sounds somewhat similar to Jar of Flies. I would love to see GnR doing something like that!