Who here wants Guns to venture into darker/sadder material?

Young_Gun

There isn't much else to talk about right now...

There isn't much to talk about right now because this place is now run by a bunch of 'masters of the internet' nobody ass-kissers who are only looking out for their best interests. Those interests include getting 'inside scoops', meet-and-greets and backstage passes from the band in exchange for censoring this forum to only include stuff that's primarily in the best interests of GNR. I'm convinced that the only moderator that had any humility, dignity and pride around here was Madison. Her being ejected from this place, clearly at the request of the GNR camp, was the beginning of the end of this forum from a true 'forum' perspective... where rumors and just about anything was okay to talk about.

This site is now nothing more than a GNR fan site, censored by GNR, ran by a bunch of sell-outs with no dignity or respect for themselves. Waive a few backstage passes in front of their faces and they'll throw everything that they and this forum stood for for the better part of 10 years out the window... and shit on someone (Madison) who truly built this place from the ground up.

It's comical and terribly tragic at the same time. For the last week you come on here and you see the same old topics that nobody really gives a shit about promoting solo stuff.

R.I.P mygnr.com.

What a joke.

Then leave. You have no fucking idea what you're on about. God this shit is painful to try and deal with.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GNR have always been the dark side of the hard rock coin anyways. When the earlier 80s Hair Metal bands were one-dimentionally singing about what a good time they were having getting absolutely fucked up, Guns N Roses were exploring the effect that actually has on a person, how they were worn down and torn apart by it... Look at Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle, hell... even Rocket Queen which looked to be a straight up sleazy sex tune's actually all about emotion and desire for redemption at the end of the day. I'd say this has always continued, I've never heard a GNR song that's just straight up happiness, it's always about trying to overcome something... So yes, I want Guns to maintain that thread of darkness that's always been there in their material, but I don't necessarily think going down the Evanescence route is the way to do things.

Sorry? This I Love?

Sorry has an uplifting feel to it, as does Shacklers. TIL borders on the line but still, could be far darker.

Some people wanna fill the world with silly sad songs ...

Umm its called expression man. Shit lets just have happy rainbow songs filled with sun-light. Thanks for contributing to the thread.

Edited by Young_Gun

I don't understand how "Sorry," among others, isn't dark enough for you. I mean, to me, that's a haunting song with a lot of ominous overtones- especially given it might possibly be a commentary on certain things pertinent in the GNR world (or it may be something personal to Axl who knows).

Not to be that be that guy, but Axl's going to make whatever music he wants to. And for the artists I follow, I dig whatever they wanna create. I like hearin Axl's voice, I like hearin cool guitar parts, I like hearin good musicianship- I don't presume to suggest to GNR what they should write or play. But whatever, it's an internet messageboard forum, carry on carry on.

Thanks for a serious reply. I'll go in depth with this one. Sorry has an uplifting feel to it, it also has a redeeming quality(I'm sorry for you, not sorry for me etc). I like Sorry, especially live, but i would love to hear Axl go darker. I'm not saying Sorry, TWAT, TIL are happy songs, far from it, but they aren't as dark as they could be. I'm not saying Axl should go death metal. I'm not even saying Axl SHOULD do it, I'm saying i think it would be cool IF he did. There really is nothing else to talk about at the moment due to Gun's hiatus(Matt13 or whoever you are, STFU and make your own thread about Madison), so i made a hypothetical thread. If we only talked about what Guns did put out, no Guns forums would exist.

My World? Silkworms?

My World wasn't even a real song, its not even decipherable half the time. Silkworms has potential but we haven't gotten it other than live form. Still in its live form its very upbeat and the lyrics didn't lead to anything really sorrowful.

Edited by Young_Gun

silkworms could get there,

it has that nine inch nails 'Closer' feel to it

' I WANNA FUCK YOU LIKE AN ANIMAL'

' SUCKING ACID THROUGH YOUR HEART/PUSSY FULL OF MAGGOTS'

more songs like that would be perfect, I want silkworms songs but even more filthier.

Then leave. You have no fucking idea what you're on about. God this shit is painful to try and deal with.

How about giving him an idea if you think he has none?

I understand it's quite a task to moderate around the "don't wake Axl up" calls but how does that put you in the position of telling those who ask questions and voice criticism to leave because they don't know it better due to the mods very own no-info-at-all policy?

Sad to see how this band is dividing people instead of bringing them together.

Edited by sascha

I understand it's quite a task to moderate around the "don't wake Axl up" calls but how does that put you in the position of telling those who ask questions and voice criticism to leave because they don't know it better due to the mods very own no-info-at-all policy?

It's got nothing to do with not waking up Axl and everything to do with being in the unfortunate position of having an Administrator who currently has no way of accessing the forum. He's back very soon (now, I think).

You guys will have an explanation very very soon. Surprised half of you haven't worked it out yet - why would we suddenly pull everything without explanation and say that we can't say anything? After all these years of not censoring discussion, the best you guys can come up with was that we suddenly decided to? To get party passes? :blink:

EDIT: Oh and no - I wasn't insinuating any of this was Eric's fault.

I for one don't really give a fuck about moderators or past moderators or the state of this board--- I'm on here because I love this fucking band and wanna talk about it, and if dbags wanna come in starting lies and talking shit, then toss em on they're ass who cares.

I must admit that the main reason I dislike MYGNR is not because of the "totalitarian" mods and admins-- It's the passive-aggressive assholes who pollute this forum and hijack threads with "cool story bro" or whatever slick little sardonic remark they can get off on someone. This is a portal for fans, and I never understood why we treat each other like such shit. Yes-- I've been known to disagree with people on here or be disgusted by the banality of this board.... And I'm contradicting myself right now even wasting my breath on this-- But christ. Lighten up. If you don't want to talk about GNR's venture into darker/sadder material then don't reply- Simple.

______

Personally I think this an excellent topic and that's why I am replying, and I apologize to the OP for ranting.

I would consider Chinese Democracy to be pretty dark, but with sort of a "light at the end of the tunnel feeling." I dig that, it's great I love it. But I really love what you said about The Unforgiven by Metallica. A great example. I think people are put off when they see Evanescence (sp?) mentioned with Gn'R. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Nothing wrong with emotions. Straight up Screamo- Hot Topic music is another thing---

The Garden, a lot of TSI?, My World, Oh My God, Silkworms, Chinese Democracy--- Some real vicious, primal music there man-- Love em all and would love to hear more.

It's got nothing to do with not waking up Axl and everything to do with being in the unfortunate position of having an Administrator who currently has no way of accessing the forum. He's back very soon (now, I think).

You guys will have an explanation very very soon. Surprised half of you haven't worked it out yet - why would we suddenly pull everything without explanation and say that we can't say anything? After all these years of not censoring discussion, the best you guys can come up with was that we suddenly decided to? To get party passes? :blink:

Hi. I haven't really followed the "censoring" lately, but you seem to imply that

a)Eric is involved with Msl or

b)we will get news from the band soon or

c)this forum got a letter from Axl's lawyers telling you to clean up

am I right?

Hi. I haven't really followed the "censoring" lately, but you seem to imply that

a)Eric is involved with Msl or

b)we will get news from the band soon or

c)this forum got a letter from Axl's lawyers telling you to clean up

am I right?

Read between the lines bro.

"anything mentioned about msl isnt allowed"

"msl was mentioned in the thread where ron replied, even indirectly in his reply"

etc..

Can you elaborate any further? I'm in the group that has very little idea why the whole thread would be closed off. I won't make assumptions or accusations, and am willing to wait for an official explanation, but if you could throw us a bone, it would be helpful. If not i totally understand.

There isn't much else to talk about right now...

There isn't much to talk about right now because this place is now run by a bunch of 'masters of the internet' nobody ass-kissers who are only looking out for their best interests. Those interests include getting 'inside scoops', meet-and-greets and backstage passes from the band in exchange for censoring this forum to only include stuff that's primarily in the best interests of GNR. I'm convinced that the only moderator that had any humility, dignity and pride around here was Madison. Her being ejected from this place, clearly at the request of the GNR camp, was the beginning of the end of this forum from a true 'forum' perspective... where rumors and just about anything was okay to talk about.

This site is now nothing more than a GNR fan site, censored by GNR, ran by a bunch of sell-outs with no dignity or respect for themselves. Waive a few backstage passes in front of their faces and they'll throw everything that they and this forum stood for for the better part of 10 years out the window... and shit on someone (Madison) who truly built this place from the ground up.

It's comical and terribly tragic at the same time. For the last week you come on here and you see the same old topics that nobody really gives a shit about promoting solo stuff.

R.I.P mygnr.com.

What a joke.

This is a GnR fan site? Wow, who knew.

There is lots to talk about when people stop burying the site in nonsense like this.

There is another site I understand is dedicated to this type of whining. Perhaps a better stop for you?

I would enjoy hearing more dark and sad, though I think there is plenty in the GnR catalog. And I would actually pay big money to hear Axl yodel anything.

I would love to see a more dense, darker, ethereal album. Something closer to AiC.

Down in a hole with Axl on vocals... The world would stop.

I like the way you think. altough, I would be more interessed to listen to Axl on Rooster.

Now, I reeeaaally would love to see a dark and downtuned song with mid to slow riffs (low and slow). Something like This I Love meets Acid Bubble, Mailman (Soundgarden) and baritone/extended range guitars. I would also appreciate some extremely high and liquid notes(harmonics/whammy+flanger/chorus) in order to make a ghastly contrast. That would be awesome!

I like the feeling of this song. It's not incredebly downtuned, but I would love to see Axl singing something like this...

Edited by Chewbacca

I would love to see a more dense, darker, ethereal album. Something closer to AiC.

Down in a hole with Axl on vocals... The world would stop.

I like the way you think. altough, I would be more interessed to listen to Axl on Rooster.

Now, I reeeaaally would love to see a dark and downtuned song with mid to slow riffs (low and slow). Something like This I Love meets Acid Bubble, Mailman (Soundgarden) and baritone/extended range guitars. I would also appreciate some extremely high and liquid notes(harmonics/whammy+flanger/chorus) in order to make a ghastly contrast. That would be awesome!

I like the feeling of this song. It's not incredebly downtuned, but I would love to see Axl singing something like this...

yeah, totally, I remember when I first heard Rooster, the first thing I thought was: man...Axl would sound great on this, which was a couple of minutes before I though..man, what a great song :P