Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

It's funny, if Axl were to simply release a statement saying "We hope to begin mixing and mastering the songs we've selected for the next album this spring, with a release date hopefully to be announced shortly after." it would probably tide us over for a good 3 years.

We don't get many positive announcements directly from GNR, and it never takes much to please us and create tremendous amounts of positive buzz among the fans.

What if they haven't selected songs for the next album yet? What if that doesn't align with the current focus, be that organizing a US tour, or something else?

Ali

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny, if Axl were to simply release a statement saying "We hope to begin mixing and mastering the songs we've selected for the next album this spring, with a release date hopefully to be announced shortly after." it would probably tide us over for a good 3 years.

We don't get many positive announcements directly from GNR, and it never takes much to please us and create tremendous amounts of positive buzz among the fans.

What if they haven't selected songs for the next album yet? What if that doesn't align with the current focus, be that organizing a US tour, or something else?

Ali

I was speaking hypothetically, Ali.

Ali

So, was I. What if there is nothing currently planned or concrete enough to announce? Unfortunately, that may be the current situation. Sometimes, things are just quiet for a while. I just wouldn't want to get in the area of expecting something, album-related or otherwise, to be announced if there just really is nothing to announce. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment, really.

Ali

Ali

So, was I. What if there is nothing currently planned or concrete enough to announce? Unfortunately, that may be the current situation. Sometimes, things are just quiet for a while. I just wouldn't want to get in the area of expecting something, album-related or otherwise, to be announced if there just really is nothing to announce. That's just setting yourself up for disappointment, really.

Ali

I dunno man. I'm just sick of using the whole "people will bitch if it doesn't happen" as a constant crutch for Axl's lack of a relationship with his fanbase. It just doesn't fly with me anymore. But that's just me.

Ali

Ali

I dunno man. I'm just sick of using the whole "people will bitch if it doesn't happen" as a constant crutch for Axl's lack of a relationship with his fanbase. It just doesn't fly with me anymore. But that's just me.

That's not what I was saying. What I was saying was more like "don't hope for something that there is no indication will happen or is close to happening". Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't put faith in unfounded rumors as well.

Ali

Ali

Ali

That's not what I was saying. What I was saying was more like "don't hope for something that there is no indication will happen or is close to happening". Don't put the cart before the horse. Don't put faith in unfounded rumors as well.

Ali

Good point. To be honest, I'm betting there's a reason we've heard zilch from Axl about the next album and U.S. tour (other than it not being set in stone). My guess is that when there's good news to be shared, we'll know because we'll be commenting on a press release announcing it....Errr, except maybe the U.S tour if it happens. We've seen the wonderful ways their tours confirmed, one date at a time.

I hate that my favorite singer is wasting his talent - in so far as his music fans are concerned. Yes, it is his life and Axl can do whatever he wants.

But in my view, he is the greatest rock singer of all time, and it is a shame that we haven't gotten more music from him. Sort of like if Kobe decided to just play in 5-6 NBA seasons.

Yes, it's Axl's career and he can do whatever he wants. But as a fan of his since 1987, I think the rock music world would be so much better today if there were 50-60 more songs out there with Axl's voice on them.

We don't care about the lawsuits, feuds, etc. Fans just want music to enjoy. And the "perfection" thing ---- again, fans don't care about. We dont want one album every 15 years that is overproduced and an attempt at a masterpiece. Somebody told me today that the Foo Fighters went to an old school studio, with no digital equipment, and just made the rawest album they could. I'd love to here an album that just had axl singing over a normal band (2 guitars, 1 bass and 1 drummer) that didn't sound like somebody spent 50 hours tinkering with every song in the studio.

I think fans saw what a success the last tour was, the new line- up, and serious momentum and are excited and pumped for what's to come. Now that several months have passed and no news on a tour or record that momentum is dying. Instead of positive news, there's news of a lawsuit over a VIDEO GAME......... Really!

Hope something comes through soon.