Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

Not sure if this should be in the other thread or deserves it's own. Bumblefoot has confirmed

that Axl has two albums ready to go:

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

Edited by Montrealer
Edit the title of the thread

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would love new songs from the current line-up, I'm crossing my fingers for the "CD era" music to come out first. There have to be some awesome songs in there, based on the material we've already heard! :thumbsup:

why do i get the feeling that in a few days someone from the band is gonna shoot this down

They'd also have to shoot down the laundry list of people, including Axl Rose, who have confirmed this to be the case over the years.

Either way, hearing these songs would close a chapter in all of our lives, including Axl's. Fans have been talking about The General, Atlas Shrugged, Zodiac, Silk Worms, Soul Monster, etc. for forever, and will continue to until they are all eventually released.

why do i get the feeling that in a few days someone from the band is gonna shoot this down

Why? Axl himself said in the '06 Trunk interview they were working on a song that night that wasn't even on the first two records. He also mentioned around 30 songs about done earlier that year.

Ron didn't say they were scheduled for release or anything, just how much material which was in "the vault".

Not sure if this should be in its own thread or deserves it's own. Bumblefoot has confirmed

"There is enough music for another two albums, but these are all 10 year old recordings from the Chinese Democracy sessions. Those songs are not new songs and this current band, this relevant band that contains me and DJ and Richard and Frank on drums, we have yet to get in a studio together and sit down on the floor with guitars and just start writing. We have not done that. The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs."

The sooner he learns that "this current/relevant band" isn't really a band, rather hired musicians, the better for his feelings. Seriously, he sounds like a great guy, but seems to have this feeling or whatever that they are some tight band. Now, the fact that AXL has 2 more albums worth of material is great. Release it asap please....and consider calling it Axl Rose, not GnR. Please.

Not sure if this should be in its own thread or deserves it's own. Bumblefoot has confirmed

cool, lets get on with it.

tbh i wouldnt want the new band to get into the studio it would just delay any more music from being heard

Agreed. The album that the vast majority of the fans are waiting to hear is the one that has already been completed.

Hear hear, someone wants his own stuff on the record.

Fair enough.

But I guess he has no problem with Finck/Buckethead material on the next album as long as he gets to play his solos over them, right?

I want to hear these 10 year old songs with Buckethead and Robin Finck more than ANYTHING Ron and DJ could possibly bring to the table.

Not sure if this should be in the other thread or deserves it's own. Bumblefoot has confirmed

No offense, but the title of your thread is quite misleading. Having recorded songs, or having done most of the recording for the songs, that could fill up to two albums does not mean that two albums are ready to go. For an album to be ready to go, recording has to be completed, song selection and sequencing have to be completed, and mixing and mastering have to be done.

The truth is that the only person's opinion that matters as far as the level of completion of the other songs is Axl's. If he feels that the recording isn't quite complete, then there definitely are NOT two albums "ready to go". And, again, even if recording is completed, mixing and mastering still have to be done, among other things for the records to be "ready to go".

Ali

Guest gunns5

I would love the old chinese democracy sessions, 10 years old or if they were 50 years old still = new material to us

No offense, but the title of your thread is quite misleading. Having recorded songs, or having done most of the recording for the songs, that could fill up to two albums does not mean that two albums are ready to go. For an album to be ready to go, recording has to be completed, song selection and sequencing have to be completed, and mixing and mastering have to be done.

The truth is that the only person's opinion that matters as far as the level of completion of the other songs is Axl's. If he feels that the recording isn't quite complete, then there definitely are NOT two albums "ready to go". And, again, even if recording is completed, mixing and mastering still have to be done, among other things for the records to be "ready to go".

Ali

You're kind of splitting hairs here. He confirmed that two more albums worth of material exists, and that those are the only GNR albums he sees getting released soon. Save for some possible mixing and mastering, doesn't that make them more or less ready to go? What's not to get excited about?

We don't have much to be happy about these past couple of months, I'd count this as good news.

Would it make you feel better if he changed "ready to go" to "exists"? :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

Ali

You're kind of splitting hairs here. He confirmed that two more albums worth of material exists, and that those are the only GNR albums he sees getting released soon. Save for some possible mixing and mastering, doesn't that make them more or less ready to go? What's not to get excited about?

We don't have much to be happy about these past couple of months, I'd count this as good news.

Would it make you feel better if he changed "ready to go" to "exists"? :shrugs:

You really don't see the distinction? I mean, honestly?

There are various stages of recording from basic tracks to inclusion of lead instrumentation and lead and backing vocals. BBF only said that there was enough music for two other albums, not that the recording is completed.

Second, the fact is that BBF's interpretation or feeling about what is done as far as recording isn't the one that matters. Only Axl's feeling on that matters when it comes to us actually getting that music.

Yes, it's good news that there is enough music for two more records. But, the facts are that A) we don't know in what stage of recording these songs are at, and B ) that BBF never said the albums are "ready to go", so to attribute that statement to him is misleading.

Ali

Edited by Ali

Ali

Yeah, sorry you're right- anyway to edit titles? Mods?

Guest gunns5

Bumblefoot has been in Gnr for 5 years now and he hasn't been in the recording studio yet?

I dont blame him for being a bit pissed off too, Axl should be having these guys in the studio EVERY DAY when they aren't touring. Such a waste of talent , 5 years not not recorded anything?

love the band, hate the mechanics.

good im glad we'll be getting the "old" songs. Bumblefoot is just bitching and whining because it won't be his songs being released.

Did you hear the interview?

Didn't sound like he was "bitching anf whining" to me. More like kind of supportive of Axl to close the chapter of the Chinese Democracy sessions, didn't sound like he had a problem with it at all.

He sounded anxious to start writing with the current band, though. Who could blame him, he's a musician - he's in Guns N' Roses - there's millions of fans awaiting new music.

Bumblefoot has been in Gnr for 5 years now and he hasn't been in the recording studio yet?

I dont blame him for being a bit pissed off too, Axl should be having these guys in the studio EVERY DAY when they aren't touring. Such a waste of talent , 5 years not not recorded anything?

He's on literally every song on CD, and stated he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that will be on the next. Not really sure what he's so upset about here.

I get that he wants to be a credited writer, but his mark is all over one of the most hyped up rock albums of all time, and its followup. Not really sure his involvement merrits this type of griping.

If I were him, I'd get behind getting the CD followup out, and then worry about getting in the studio with the current lineup.

Guest gunns5

He's on literally every song on CD, and stated he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that will be on the next. Not really sure what he's so upset about here.

I get that he wants to be a credited writer, but his mark is all over one of the most hyped up rock albums of all time, and its followup. Not really sure his involvement merrits this type of griping.

If I were him, I'd get behind getting the CD followup out, and then worry about getting in the studio with the current lineup.

He hasn't "written or recorded anything new" with the band. Any material he is on, is the 10 year old chinese democracy era tracks, which, even though they are new and fresh to us, would basically mean that Ron has to climb mt Everest to see the horizon of 'bbf/dj/4tus/frank material.