Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

I would love the old chinese democracy sessions, 10 years old or if they were 50 years old still = new material to us

This exactly.

Who gives a fuck if it was recorded by the current band? It's music we have not heard and it's music we strive to hear every time we come onto this forum.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

fact is, the people that left the band 7+ years ago are more of a prominent feature in Guns N' Roses 2011, then a guy (Bumblefoot) who has been in the band for half a decade and hasn't once yet set foot in a studio to lay down tracks of his own, and not just solos on old songs.

Thats the situation, and its a sad state of affairs as Bumbles talent has basically not been utilized to its full potential at all since being in Guns.

Axl, "what were you thinking?"

"The only music that is going to be coming out at this point that I see from G’N’R is going to be from 10 years ago with players that have been gone for 5 years and maybe alternative mixes of songs"

With all due respect to Bumble im perfectly fine with this, i mean first of all those chinese session songs are history that is very important to us old nu GNR followers, but also i would hate to have those buckethead and brain tracks changed and never heard.

isn't this common knowledge by now? I would expect AT LEAST 2 albums of material from that 15 year time span

Yeah I was gana say I hope this is the nail in the coffin for those people who were in denial and thought Axl worked on just 14 songs for 15 years......ok guys accept it he worked on multiple albums of material.

i just hope we get some new music soon, i would just release the rest of the chinese democracy era stuff as a double album and close that chapter in the bands history and move forward

Yeah I was gana say I hope this is the nail in the coffin for those people who were in denial and thought Axl worked on just 14 songs for 15 years......ok guys accept it he worked on multiple albums of material.

No kidding. I couldn't believe that people actually thought otherwise.

Well here's a shocker. That creepy horror pit HTGTH keeps deleting this interview.

I would imagine it's because it mentions GNR possibly doing, you know, stuff. :rolleyes:

jarmo just can't understand the fascination with a new album because he has probably heard all the music already.

Well here's a shocker. That creepy horror pit HTGTH keeps deleting this interview.

I would imagine it's because it mentions GNR possibly doing, you know, stuff. :rolleyes:

he really did it?, he such a fucking idiot, i mean its not a rumor, its a member of the band just saying how it is, and its not like the interview is really condemning the new band in a bad way, jarmo is a that bad RA that everyone hates

he really did it?, he such a fucking idiot, i mean its not a rumor, its a member of the band just saying how it is, and its not like the interview is really condemning the new band in a bad way, jarmo is a that bad RA that everyone hates

The 4 people who post at his site seem to like it. ;)

But yeah, no idea why he would censor it. It's a legit interview.

Edited by sofine11

fact is, the people that left the band 7+ years ago are more of a prominent feature in Guns N' Roses 2011, then a guy (Bumblefoot) who has been in the band for half a decade and hasn't once yet set foot in a studio to lay down tracks of his own, and not just solos on old songs.

Thats the situation, and its a sad state of affairs as Bumbles talent has basically not been utilized to its full potential at all since being in Guns.

I'm sure, like myself, Axl was hoping Buckethead would come back.

They've made it known that the reason Ron joined so close to the 06 tour start was because they were trying to negotiate a way to get Buckethead back. Even as recent as the Axl chats he expressed interest in having Bucket tour with them in some capacity. Nice to know all is not lost if for whatever reason Ron decides he doesn't want to stick around. :shrugs:

Edited by sofine11

I would like to see the current lineup have an album but why would a record company (or anyone) fund a band in the studio when they already have 2 or so albums worth of material on deck? After the CD sessions are released it will be much more feasible to have totally new material by the replacements.

Hear hear, someone wants his own stuff on the record.

Fair enough.

But I guess he has no problem with Finck/Buckethead material on the next album as long as he gets to play his solos over them, right?

I want to hear these 10 year old songs with Buckethead and Robin Finck more than ANYTHING Ron and DJ could possibly bring to the table.

[/quote

In the far distant Past stepping up to play AFD and UYI material written by Slash..on lead guitar sometimes...Mr. Ron Thal aka Bumblefoot...and stepping up to play the 12 year new material written by Buckethead Robin and Tobias... Mr. Ron Thal !!!

Unfortunately "ready to go" doesn't mean "about to be released" in GnR land...

Also, I don't see DJ sticking around for too long if the only plan is to release the CD leftovers. DJ always sounds so excited to be in that band that I don't think playing other people's material forever is what he has in mind.

Probably none of them want to do that forever, unless maybe Fortus who doesn't mind ( and who looks like he has a more realistic view of what GnR is and isn't than everybody else ) ?

Like it or not, Ron has a point : this tour has been the most successful NuGnR tour yet, most dates were either sold out or did pretty well, there weren't too much incidents besides Reading & Dublin and yet the band does not seem to be going anywhere. Axl wants to close a musical chapter of his life, fine, but why is it taking so long while the people who are likely to buy CD 2 are begging for it ? I mean, it's not like there is a magical way to sell billions of copies to the people who are not interested. Make a video, release the album, and let the chips fall were they may.

These extremely talented musicians in GNR should just meet up, write and record an amazing rock album with one or two ballads or experimental songs thrown in and show it to Axl. Something that should blow him away. If he refuses to put vocals on what they recorded, because of these ten year old songs (which would still be new to us, yeah I get it) still in the way, then they should say Fuck it.

Guest gunns5

They've made it known that the reason Ron joined so close to the 06 tour start was because they were trying to negotiate a way to get Buckethead back. Even as recent as the Axl chats he expressed interest in having Bucket tour with them in some capacity. Nice to know all is not lost if for whatever reason Ron decides he doesn't want to stick around. :shrugs:

I highly doubt Bucket will want to come back to this mess, besides I like Bumblefoot and I hope he stays in gnr, we've seen a different, more vocal side to him the last few months and its a refreshing change for gnr-area51.

He didnt sound too happy about re working on the albums. As an artist I am sure he is dying to make new material with Guns.

He hasn't sounded too happy about the way things have been going for a while now. I think he either wants to make some music with Guns, or just get back to his solo thing, if that's not going to happen.

Edited by chevelle

These extremely talented musicians in GNR should just meet up, write and record an amazing rock album with one or two ballads or experimental songs thrown in and show it to Axl. Something that should blow him away. If he refuses to put vocals on what they recorded, because of these ten year old songs (which would still be new to us, yeah I get it) still in the way, then they should say Fuck it.

Exactly.

DJ has a studio, Bumble has a studio, they all have free time on their hands : why not do exactly that.

Ron's comments almost sound like a parody of what a nu-gnr hater would say, which is why I questioned where they were from. He seems very cynical.

yeah the way he sounds in this kinda got me thinking, but even more so just the fact that he is telling us this info is kinda odd. He has a history with us GNR fans for not giving up big information and beating around the bush on questions, so it makes me wonder if he is actually upset now or did he get some kind of ok for releasing this info?