Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

Bumblefoot has been in Gnr for 5 years now and he hasn't been in the recording studio yet?

I dont blame him for being a bit pissed off too, Axl should be having these guys in the studio EVERY DAY when they aren't touring. Such a waste of talent , 5 years not not recorded anything?

love the band, hate the mechanics.

He's on literally every song on CD, and stated he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that will be on the next. Not really sure what he's so upset about here.

I get that he wants to be a credited writer, but his mark is all over one of the most hyped up rock albums of all time, and its followup. Not really sure his involvement merrits this type of griping.

If I were him, I'd get behind getting the CD followup out, and then worry about getting in the studio with the current lineup.

He hasn't "written or recorded anything new" with the band. Any material he is on, is the 10 year old chinese democracy era tracks, which, even though they are new and fresh to us, would basically mean that Ron has to climb mt Everest to see the horizon of 'bbf/dj/4tus/frank material.

Yeah, but the whole "trilogy" idea is nothing new. I get why he would be getting the itch to do some real writing with the band, but he had to know that Axl wasn't going to simply toss away two epic albums worth of material just to appease Bucket & Robin's replacements.

Either way, my guess is that we'll get one more album, possibly a double , from the CD era, and that'll be that and then Axl will maybe do some stuff with the current lineup.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

Bumblefoot has been in Gnr for 5 years now and he hasn't been in the recording studio yet?

I dont blame him for being a bit pissed off too, Axl should be having these guys in the studio EVERY DAY when they aren't touring. Such a waste of talent , 5 years not not recorded anything?

He's on literally every song on CD, and stated he recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that will be on the next. Not really sure what he's so upset about here.

I get that he wants to be a credited writer, but his mark is all over one of the most hyped up rock albums of all time, and its followup. Not really sure his involvement merrits this type of griping.

If I were him, I'd get behind getting the CD followup out, and then worry about getting in the studio with the current lineup.

He hasn't "written or recorded anything new" with the band. Any material he is on, is the 10 year old chinese democracy era tracks, which, even though they are new and fresh to us, would basically mean that Ron has to climb mt Everest to see the horizon of 'bbf/dj/4tus/frank material.

Yeah, but the whole "trilogy" idea is nothing new. I get why he would be getting the itch to do some real writing with the band, but he had to know that Axl wasn't going to simply toss away two epic albums worth of material just to appease Bucket & Robin's replacements.

Either way, my guess is that we'll get one more album, possibly a double , from the CD era, and that'll be that and then Axl will maybe do some stuff with the current lineup.

Agreed man, don't get me wrong, I want buckets +fincks material from guns more then anyone, but I can sympathize with Ron. He must be having an itchy finger wanting to lay some of his own material down, instead of just laying down new guitar solos on old material.

But as you said, once Axl gets the old cd sessions out, we will see a more ashba/bbf/4tus presence on CDIII/IIII ?

Agreed man, don't get me wrong, I want buckets +fincks material from guns more then anyone, but I can sympathize with Ron. He must be having an itchy finger wanting to lay some of his own material down, instead of just laying down new guitar solos on old material.

Agreed that you can't blame Ron for wanting to write, but he's willingly made himself part of a bigger picture, what with the wealth of material that had been recorded prior to him joining.

That said, I'm sure not even Axl thought that we'd now be well into 2011 with no release date in sight for the next album (that we know of) going by his hope for a "same bat time, same bat channel next year" comment after CD's initial release. I'm sure Ron thought that once CD came out, the other followups would certainly be out by now.

Wish Axl would fill us and the band in on the status of the next one. Would make everyone relax a bit.

Edited by sofine11

Guest gunns5

Well I've emailed a few of the artists whos artwork were used in the 'alternate, limited edition' version of CD, and that was never released.

If Axl can't get out the version that he wanted/intended to get out of CD1, I dont think hes intentions for releasing CD2 take priority.

If it was up to me I'd just release the damn thing as a double album and be done with it. Just do it decisively in

one go and move one.

However given that we went seventeen years between albums...

I am just hoping that Axl isn't going to rerecord robin or Bucket's parts. THe worst thing would be if say BBF rerecorded Bucket's

parts, then BBF left, and then Axl had to rerecord BBF's parts.

Axl if you're listening, you've been the soundtrack to my life but just release it and keep going with your life

You guys have to realize that this is going to take time. The next record will be these ten year old songs. They are going to tour the us soon and afterwards they'll get into the studio for a record due in say about five years from this currently band....

What I'm worried about is that Bumblefoot seems more worried about putting a new album with all new material from the current line-up than the release of CD II & III.

He insists on the fact that the records are 10 years old and that the players have been gone for at least 5 years.

It seems to me that we won't see CD II & III before a very very very long time, if not ever. The next Guns record will probably be the current line-up playing and creating 100% of the songs, but weirdly, I can't see that happening, Axl put such a long time and so much effort into Chinese Democracy, I can't see him getting 100% involved with Ashba & Bumble in a new record. And it seems to me that it's what Ashba and Bumblefoot are about, writing new material and credit themselves on the making of a new Guns album.

This isn't the right spirit. But I can't blame them, they're musicians, it must be frustrating to not write anything for the band you're in... but then they knew what they signed for didn't they? They knew they were just fillers and MIGHT write new material someday. The new line up was Robin Finck and Buckethead, Axl wanted those guys and made great music with those guys...

I don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely not looking forward to a Guns album written by Bumblefoot and DJ ... at least not for the next release.. I'm a huge fan of chinese democracy, and the guys that wrote this album are completely mindblowing. Magical. I would like a sequel, I would like to hear Soul Monster, Thyme, Atlas, all the songs that were written within that period. I'm not saying that Bumble & DJ can't write songs, they are good songwriters, and amazing guitar players but they haven't written a song that's as good as TWAT, you know what I mean? Buckethead on the other hand is a fucking great song composer, I own almost all of his albums, and there are some true gems that I never get bored of.

It'd be a fucking waste if Axl decides to not release the rest of Chinese Democracy, and I think he knows that himself and must be in a big mess right now. The band is tight and delivers awesome stuff live, but they aren't great songwriters. He has supposedly awesome material worth of 2 albums, but that is 10 years old... Either way he's fucked, if he releases CD II, it will blow commercially, maybe even worse than CD I because the press will say that CDII is full of songs that are 10 years old and that the current band didn't even write it, and if he releases a new album with the new line up, it will probably be as good as Slash's last album, which means... okay, but not worth of the GNR legacy.

Conclusion: sooo bad... you're fucked...up...

What I'm worried about is that Bumblefoot seems more worried about putting a new album with all new material from the current line-up than the release of CD II & III.

He insists on the fact that the records are 10 years old and that the players have been gone for at least 5 years.

It seems to me that we won't see CD II & III before a very very very long time, if not ever. The next Guns record will probably be the current line-up playing and creating 100% of the songs, but weirdly, I can't see that happening, Axl put such a long time and so much effort into Chinese Democracy, I can't see him getting 100% involved with Ashba & Bumble in a new record. And it seems to me that it's what Ashba and Bumblefoot are about, writing new material and credit themselves on the making of a new Guns album.

This isn't the right spirit. But I can't blame them, they're musicians, it must be frustrating to not write anything for the band you're in... but then they knew what they signed for didn't they? They knew they were just fillers and MIGHT write new material someday. The new line up was Robin Finck and Buckethead, Axl wanted those guys and made great music with those guys...

I don't know about you guys but I'm absolutely not looking forward to a Guns album written by Bumblefoot and DJ ... at least not for the next release.. I'm a huge fan of chinese democracy, and the guys that wrote this album are completely mindblowing. Magical. I would like a sequel, I would like to hear Soul Monster, Thyme, Atlas, all the songs that were written within that period. I'm not saying that Bumble & DJ can't write songs, they are good songwriters, and amazing guitar players but they haven't written a song that's as good as TWAT, you know what I mean? Buckethead on the other hand is a fucking great song composer, I own almost all of his albums, and there are some true gems that I never get bored of.

It'd be a fucking waste if Axl decides to not release the rest of Chinese Democracy, and I think he knows that himself and must be in a big mess right now. The band is tight and delivers awesome stuff live, but they aren't great songwriters. He has supposedly awesome material worth of 2 albums, but that is 10 years old... Either way he's fucked, if he releases CD II, it will blow commercially, maybe even worse than CD I because the press will say that CDII is full of songs that are 10 years old and that the current band didn't even write it, and if he releases a new album with the new line up, it will probably be as good as Slash's last album, which means... okay, but not worth of the GNR legacy.

Conclusion: sooo bad... you're fucked...up...

Good post. Don't agree with all of your points, but most of them.

Ron's comments almost sound like a parody of what a nu-gnr hater would say, which is why I questioned where they were from. He seems very cynical.

maybe your "nu-gr hater" subscribes to common sense?

Never said they didn't, I just meant the language was similar. Just the way he made it clear how fucked up the situation is, that's all.

Good post. Don't agree with all of your points, but most of them.

Let me guess, you'd change my wanting of CD II & III by a reunion right? :xmasssanta:

I'd want that too believe me... but I reaaaally would like to hear all of what Axl and the "old new" line-up have written. Then I'd love if Axl could make peace with himself and Slash and sell out stadiums like he used to... and hire a coach and be in perfect shape for the next tour...

Why would the label give Axl more money to record new material when he already has two albums worth of material? The only way the label would give him more money to record a new album is if it was the Appetite or Illusions lineup recording that album.

Edited by ITW 2012

Why would the label give Axl more money to record new material when he already has two albums worth of material? The only way the label would give him more money to record a new album is if it was the Appetite or Illusions lineup recording that album.

Well, like Bumblefoot said in his last interview... this line-up didn't even make photoshoots. So whatever happens, the situation is very complicated, in all logical sense, this new line-up would need to make a photoshoot right now, get in a room, record new material and release a new album in the next 2 years. Meanwhile, CD II & III should hit the shelves this year.

I really don't understand this mess... WHy can't Axl hire a fucking mixer, and prepare advertising and massive promotion for CD II to come out this year? Then whip his whole new line up and tell em to work on a fucking new album :rofl-lol: I mean Bumblefoot really wants things to get moving... it could be moving really quickly. It's really too bad.

I get it that Axl needs to be in the right mood, move in the right direction, that everything takes time... but it takes really too long, i wish Guns would be more transparent about what's going on, like Bumblefoot updates us, thanks to him.

This. I highly doubt Axl would want to fully commit to recording a whole new album until he puts out this one. Think of all the time and money that was spent to record the Chinese Democracy albums. There's just no way either Axl or the label would be interested in throwing all those songs away simply to start fresh to appease Ron.

Im sure Axl put a lot of heart and soul into writing the yet unreleased songs. Until he finds a way to share them with the world, I doubt we'll see Guns 3.0 move into the studio. While I don't expect Ron to be in love with that idea, I do hope he rolls with it for the sake of the band and the fans.

Edited by sofine11

I don't really understand what's the holdup with CD 2 and 3 myself

They might not sell loads, but even if each of them sell 25% of what CD sold, that'

s a million copies per album. That's money going to Axl. The profit margin might be

even bigger if the albums were just released digitally.

And if Axl owes the label more albums, then CD 2 and 3 would go towards paying off that

debt.

I know rationality has little place in GNR's world, but I can't see the economic benefit of keeping those

albums buried.

However there may be psychological benefits for Axl for not releasing the albums

As much as I would love new songs from the current line-up, I'm crossing my fingers for the "CD era" music to come out first. There have to be some awesome songs in there, based on the material we've already heard! :thumbsup:

I don't care what they release. I just want new music.

Old, new material, anything with Axl over music, I want it!