Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

I don't know...

What I know is : it's been almost five years since he joined that band.

He has toured Chinese Democracy in 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.

He is probably going to tour it once again in 2011.

He has yet to write a single song with Axl.

Nough said ?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gunns5

Remember guys, this isn't the first time hes mentioned not ever being in the studio with guns to write and create some new music, this obviously means a lot to him to create something of his own with the aid of the other current members in the band, and not just add bits/solos here and there (which is all understandable), 5 years can quickly turn into 10 without ever creating something with the band.

Why does Ron say all this stuff. Isn't there a gagging order on him ?

I guess if any of the 10 year old material is ever released, then it will only get released once Ron, Dj, Frank have covered Bucket, Robin, Brain.

Edited by star

I guess if any of the 10 year old material is ever released, then it will only get released once Ron, Dj, Frank have covered Bucket, Robin, Brain.

I don't think so.

Maybe it will have Ron solos here and there ( he has recorded his parts on at least 30 songs if I recall ) and a few solos by DJ here and there but I don't think Axl would want them to rerecord the music entirely.

Doubt anything will be released anyway.

I think Ron already said there was CD era stuff he already Bumbled, so possibly CD II or whatever is kind of done. So he's already added his parts like he did on CD? we dont know that for sure obviously, as in that would ever happen even if it did.

I'd love to hear new music anyway. If it's a ten year old song, og one year old song, it's still new to us. Of course I'd love more than anything to hear new music written by the current band, but if it's either nothing now or the older songs, I say the older ones. Why not just release them as they are, and then an album by the current band..

I'm sure the band themself really want to put out a new album, so doubt it's them holding it back.

Guest siliconmessiah

Can't believe this interview was censored on...another gnr forum...

Well, I am not a visitor and I don´t use "the other forum".

But the interview is not censored there.

Guest siliconmessiah

Can't believe this interview was censored on...another gnr forum...

Well, I am not a visitor and I don´t use "the other forum".

But the interview is not censored there.

It was removed several times during the last hours...

Oh, didn´t know that. Only saw that it was up right now.

Spooky...it really is gestapo.

Edited by siliconmessiah

member that guy that said over the next couple of weeks Ron was going to start being more fan-friendly. Like part of an exit strategy...

Guest siliconmessiah

Like part of an exit strategy...

Huff...you beat me to it.

This is what I´ve been thinking during the past days. And as the inteview is getting censored over there......I don´t know...I don´t know at all. And all this talk of Axl rather having Buckethead in....

And all the silence. But again, it´s business as usual in GNR-land.

I would love to hear those two albums. But just get them out asap for the diehard fans as a special edition or collecters boxset or whatever and create something new with all these great musicians they now have.

jmo anyway.

I think we are quite many that agree with you on this one. Get the old material out as soon as possible and start making new music with the current band. Stop looking back, look forward.

so why don`t they just get into a room and write? i highly doubt axl is stopping them..

Yeah, no kidding. Didn't they read Slash's book? Even in the Appetite days, Slash, Izzy, and Duff would come up with riffs and send them to Axl to lay vocals, etc. If they are waiting for Axl to sit in the studio with them coming up with ideas, its never going to happen.

so why don`t they just get into a room and write? i highly doubt axl is stopping them..

Yeah, no kidding. Didn't they read Slash's book? Even in the Appetite days, Slash, Izzy, and Duff would come up with riffs and send them to Axl to lay vocals, etc. If they are waiting for Axl to sit in the studio with them coming up with ideas, its never going to happen.

Did it really say that about the Appetite days? AFD was a complete team effort. It was around UYI that they were starting to get cooperation issues.

and who's to say if any of that older stuff even has lyrics? :shrugs:

Judging by what we've heard and the time that's passed I think it's safe to assume most has. And even if some doesn't... There's 2 discs worth... Just put 'em in a box with some nice pictures and a booklet about the recording sessions etc. Add a Chinese Democracy album and maybe an extra demo disc of tracks that are on CD as well (Brian May stuff especially). Voilla. Done.

Don't spend more time recording it, re-recording it, tweaking it etc. Just do it as is. A series of unpolished snapshots that show the process.

And let's be realistic. There are 2 types of people who buy GnR cd's. Casual music fans who buy stuff that has a lot of publicity and radio play, and people who are likely to buy the complete collection of Axl's best wet farts during the 80's. Needless to say we all belong in the second category and that's exactly the same people who will buy said boxset.

14 Years Of Silence: The Chinese Democracy Years ^_^

That has a nice ring to it. Get it out and get it over with. Move on.

Get this band with all these great musicians in a room together and write and record new material. Put that out somewhere in early 2012 or something.

I love box-sets, add a DVD to special higher-priced packages. Also, "14 Years of Silence" would be a very cool title indeed.