Bumblefoot confirms there is enough music for another two albums

axl666

IMO, Axl should scrap the two albums worth of leftover material!

Half the band that wrote it is no longer in the band but more importantly

THE SHIT ISN'T THAT GOOD!!

DEMOCRACY SUCKED AND THE OTHER SHIT DIDN"T MAKE THAT

srap it and move on with the current members of the band!

cupcake, Fool, weak minded, etc.

:tongue2:

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Axl would just come out and state what he would *like* to happen next.

An actual game plan of some sort would ease this situation into something else than a rinse'n repeat of the 2005 etc. era wall of silence.

People like to counter that by saying "But if it doesn't happen everyone will blame Axl, etc." As if that's a good reason to not communicate with the fanbase whatsoever.

I agree that a simple update about what's on the horizon for 2011 would send us over the moon, and would be just an all around courteous gesture on Axl's part.

There won't be a record with the new guys until the old Chinese era stuff is released because you can bet Geffen/Universal isn't giving Axl one cent to record anything until they've made money off of everything available.... if they even care anymore.... they may just want to wash their hands of Axl at this point...

And with Axl's time requirements in the studio (i.e engineers and musicians available around the clock, best equipment etc etc) I don't see him bankrolling anything himself... I don't think he much gives a fuck about recording anything new

There won't be a record with the new guys until the old Chinese era stuff is released because you can bet Geffen/Universal isn't giving Axl one cent to record anything until they've made money off of everything available.... if they even care anymore.... they may just want to wash their hands of Axl at this point...

And with Axl's time requirements in the studio (i.e engineers and musicians available around the clock, best equipment etc etc) I don't see him bankrolling anything himself... I don't think he much gives a fuck about recording anything new

He might have started Chinese Democracy spending everyone elses money like a maniac, but it's not like it was like that all the way now was it.

You can also bet that Geffen/Universal et al. are interested to release further GNR albums if those are to surface from somewhere. The CD album was a good seller for them, and will continue to be a good seller for them if GNR stays 'active', and this is truth - don't mind the more silly Axl-hate mongering crowd.

But I think you are right, Axl won't be seeing any money from the company to do further recordings. But he's got the money to record, the real question is if he wants to do it or not. It wouldn't be insane like the CD sessions since no one can afford that again, but he could easily front months of studiotime and pay upfront without breaking a sweat - he is not a poor man.

IMO, Axl should scrap the two albums worth of leftover material!

Half the band that wrote it is no longer in the band but more importantly

THE SHIT ISN'T THAT GOOD!!

DEMOCRACY SUCKED AND THE OTHER SHIT DIDN"T MAKE THAT

srap it and move on with the current members of the band!

This material isn't scrapped CD songs, the goal by all accounts was to make 3 albums all along.

You haven't heard the new material, so you don't know if it's good or not.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Yes, to me, listening to "Shackler's Revenge", "Riad", "Chinese Democracy" and "Catcher In The Rye", BBF's studio prowess is evident because to me his contributions to those songs are important and definitely add his voice to the song.

No, I just don't agree that there is something inherently "wrong" with wanting to tour the States behind CD. It may not be the best way to ensure the tour's success, but it isn't "wrong". There is at least one other way to improve ticket sales, if that's what you care about, and that's to have a good bill on the ticket. Perhaps a co-headlining tour with someone else like the proposed Van Halen tour (as an example).

I think a boxset is a bad idea for the reasons previously listed, namely the cost factor. I think it should be separate album so that people who bought the first album don't have to buy the same tracks all over again to get the new ones.

For all we know Axl could have said, "hey, I'd like to write with you guys down the road, but right now I want to finish touring behind CD and get the rest of the material from those sessions out in some way."

Ali

Chinese Democracy was Buckethead and Robin's sound. Bumblefoot worked with their sound (an existing sound). The role Axl gave Ron on the record suggests he recognizes Thal as being capable of filling in gaps/replacing parts by now defunct members (there has has been no indication whatsoever by Axl as of yet that he regards Bumblefoot as innovative enough to dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album). That's the reality.

I didn't imply touring the States behind Chinese Democracy would be wrong. I simply outlined the requirement for a selling factor other than the Axl Rose Phenomenon (be it new material, co-headliners or otherwise).

An iTunes Chinese Democracy package would avoid the cost factor . Furthermore, the band would have more tracks at its disposal (in terms of touring) and those who purchased the initial Chinese Democracy release would not be forced to buy those tracks again (to hear the new material).

Do you really think a respectful character like Bumblefoot would be openly venting his frustrations in terms Guns' studio prospects if Axl had confirmed 100% that he intends to collaborate with him and Dj when the opportunity arises?

Edited by NewGNRnOldGNR

Yes, to me, listening to "Shackler's Revenge", "Riad", "Chinese Democracy" and "Catcher In The Rye", BBF's studio prowess is evident because to me his contributions to those songs are important and definitely add his voice to the song.

No, I just don't agree that there is something inherently "wrong" with wanting to tour the States behind CD. It may not be the best way to ensure the tour's success, but it isn't "wrong". There is at least one other way to improve ticket sales, if that's what you care about, and that's to have a good bill on the ticket. Perhaps a co-headlining tour with someone else like the proposed Van Halen tour (as an example).

I think a boxset is a bad idea for the reasons previously listed, namely the cost factor. I think it should be separate album so that people who bought the first album don't have to buy the same tracks all over again to get the new ones.

For all we know Axl could have said, "hey, I'd like to write with you guys down the road, but right now I want to finish touring behind CD and get the rest of the material from those sessions out in some way."

Ali

“Chinese Democracy” was Buckethead and Robin's sound. Bumblefoot worked with their sound (an existing sound). The “role” Axl gave Ron on the record suggests he recognizes Thal as being capable of filling in gaps/replacing parts by now defunct members (there has has been no indication whatsoever by Axl as of yet that he regards Bumblefoot as innovative enough to dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album). That's the reality.

I didn't imply touring the States behind “Chinese Democracy” would be “wrong”. I simply outlined the requirement for a selling factor other than the “Axl Rose Phenomenon” (be it new material, co-headliners or otherwise).

An iTunes “Chinese Democracy” package would avoid the “cost factor” . Furthermore, the band would have more tracks at its disposal (in terms of touring) and those who purchased the initial “Chinese Democracy” release would not be forced to buy those tracks again (to hear the “new” material).

Do you really think a respectful character like Bumblefoot would be openly venting his frustrations in terms Guns' studio prospects if Axl had confirmed 100% that he intends to collaborate with him and Dj when the opportunity arises?

I don't agree with your assessment of what "role" BBF had and how it may be indicative of how Axl views his capabilities. It's much more than just filling in the gaps. Look at that in comparison to Richard Fortus' role on the album. Giving a guitarist several solos on an album says a lot to me as to how much their lead guitar playing is respected. And, if you think that anyone other than Axl will guide and dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album now, I think you're sorely mistaken. Axl dictated the sound or sounds on Chinese Democracy and that will always be the case, I think.

I think that all BBF has said is that they haven't yet recorded together as a band. That does NOT preclude that from happening in the future. BBF's venting of frustration may simply have to do with his impatience in waiting for the other CD-era material to be released first prior to writing and recording new GN'R material with him and DJ. It may be just that. It may not be that it has been precluded from happening or that it hasn't been touched on within the band itself.

Ali

Ali

“Chinese Democracy” was Buckethead and Robin's sound. Bumblefoot worked with their sound (an existing sound). The “role” Axl gave Ron on the record suggests he recognizes Thal as being capable of filling in gaps/replacing parts by now defunct members (there has has been no indication whatsoever by Axl as of yet that he regards Bumblefoot as innovative enough to dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album). That's the reality.

I didn't imply touring the States behind “Chinese Democracy” would be “wrong”. I simply outlined the requirement for a selling factor other than the “Axl Rose Phenomenon” (be it new material, co-headliners or otherwise).

An iTunes “Chinese Democracy” package would avoid the “cost factor” . Furthermore, the band would have more tracks at its disposal (in terms of touring) and those who purchased the initial “Chinese Democracy” release would not be forced to buy those tracks again (to hear the “new” material).

I don't agree with your assessment of what "role" BBF had and how it may be indicative of how Axl views his capabilities. It's much more than just filling in the gaps. Look at that in comparison to Richard Fortus' role on the album. Giving a guitarist several solos on an album says a lot to me as to how much their lead guitar playing is respected. And, if you think that anyone other than Axl will guide and dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album now, I think you're sorely mistaken. Axl dictated the sound or sounds on Chinese Democracy and that will always be the case, I think.

I think that all BBF has said is that they haven't yet recorded together as a band. That does NOT preclude that from happening in the future. BBF's venting of frustration may simply have to do with his impatience in waiting for the other CD-era material to be released first prior to writing and recording new GN'R material with him and DJ. It may be just that. It may not be that it has been precluded from happening or that it hasn't been touched on within the band itself.

Ali

It may also be that the wheels are in motion on the unreleased material and thus Ron realizes the likelihood of recording new stuff together will be put on hold for a tour and album support.

I think his comments indicate that the wheels are in motion not that everything is at a standstill.

Chicken coops are on farms. seems sort of logical. I thought Bet's Barn might be remix of Better but that's wildly speculating.

I believe that Mother Goose said that Beta's Barn is his favorite New GNR song. Sounds to me like they viewed recording as an exercise in song farming.

I could see the making of CD being like Restaurant Story. You'd have Bucket in his coop training chickens to play guitar, Pitman in a studio pod laying down the beats, Brain on the pots and pans cooking up a storm and Tommy in the bassment mixing up the medicine, Axl would be running from room to room with gems and money to refresh and level up the players.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Giving a guitarist several solos on an album says a lot to me as to how much their lead guitar playing is respected.

And, if you think that anyone other than Axl will guide and dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album now, I think you're sorely mistaken. Axl dictated the sound or sounds on Chinese Democracy and that will always be the case, I think.

BBF's venting of frustration may simply have to do with his impatience in waiting for the other CD-era material to be released first prior to writing and recording new GN'R material with him and DJ. It may be just that.

Ali

I believe Bumblefoot's “role” on “Chinese Democracy” was primarily about legitimizing the record as Guns N' Roses. As “Chinese Democracy” neared release Buckethead was long gone and Robin Finck was on the verge of quitting (the reality is that having no present GN'R player on the record would be like Axl releasing an album comprised pre-Slash's departure (without new band touch-ups)). You think otherwise (I respect and accept that).

Certainly Axl outlined a sound he wanted. But I think you're grossly underestimating Buckethead's influence on Rose. Aspects of the album are almost like a Buckethead record with Axl on vocals (at one point Rose actually went to Disneyland to keep the guy). None of “Chinese Democracy” is contrived in the sense Axl is forcing it this way and that (Bucket and Finck were granted a lot of leniency/freedom – because Axl obviously regarded them as competent enough to naturally produce his requirements).

Perhaps. But in 2009 when the “summer stadium tour” (or something along those lines) didn't happen Bumblefoot didn't come across as restless (probably because he was told the tour would definitely still occur asap). I can't imagine Ron wouldn't apply the same patience to the new band recording (perhaps Axl is becoming infatuated with concluding the “Chinese Democracy” ambition to such an extent in which everything else has been put on hold indefinitely). Or are you implying studio Guns' credits is Bumblefoot's only agenda?

Giving a guitarist several solos on an album says a lot to me as to how much their lead guitar playing is respected.

And, if you think that anyone other than Axl will guide and dictate the sound of a Guns N' Roses album now, I think you're sorely mistaken. Axl dictated the sound or sounds on Chinese Democracy and that will always be the case, I think.

BBF's venting of frustration may simply have to do with his impatience in waiting for the other CD-era material to be released first prior to writing and recording new GN'R material with him and DJ. It may be just that.

Ali

I believe Bumblefoot's “role” on “Chinese Democracy” was primarily about legitimizing the record as Guns N' Roses. As “Chinese Democracy” neared release Buckethead was long gone and Robin Finck was on the verge of quitting (the reality is that having no present GN'R player on the record would be like Axl releasing an album comprised pre-Slash's departure (without new band touch-ups)). You think otherwise (I respect and accept that).

Certainly Axl outlined a sound he wanted. But I think you're grossly underestimating Buckethead's influence on Rose. Aspects of the album are almost like a Buckethead record with Axl on vocals (at one point Rose actually went to Disneyland to keep the guy). None of “Chinese Democracy” is contrived in the sense Axl is forcing it this way and that (Bucket and Finck were granted a lot of leniency/freedom – because Axl obviously regarded them as competent enough to naturally produce his requirements).

Perhaps. But in 2009 when the “summer stadium tour” (or something along those lines) didn't happen Bumblefoot didn't come across as restless (probably because he was told the tour would definitely still occur asap). I can't imagine Ron wouldn't apply the same patience to the new band recording (perhaps Axl is becoming infatuated with concluding the “Chinese Democracy” ambition to such an extent in which everything else has been put on hold indefinitely). Or are you implying studio Guns' credits is Bumblefoot's only agenda?

Makes sense but Robin wasn't leaving when Bumble first got there and his parts were not added after Finck left so your timeline is a bit off but i think the general point is still valid to some degree. No lead guitar player when an album comes out is pretty bizarre.

Over half the songs on the album were comprised before bucket stepped foot in the studio. Maybe your point is more correct concerning future releases.

I think Axl wanted Bucket to stay because he really thought the future of guns was with Bucket and bucket alone. Hell he may have been right.

IMO, the stuff we will hear off of the CD sessions will not show the results of what Axl was thinking with Bucket.

I think those recordings were never gotten to because bucket took off too fast.

Edited by tange

You raise an interesting point, tange. I think we saw glimpses of what Axl was trying to acheive with Bucket.

Maybe a more streamlined, more controled and particuler approach to what he could do with his guitar playing.

I think even though he's stint in Guns was short, at least on some cd songs, Axl did manage to fit Bucket's style and abilities into his vision.

To me, it's special and exciting.

wasn't the last stint of song writing or recording they did Shackler's, ITW, Scraped, Sorry, basically Bucket songs. I remember there was a session with that Cazam guy. i know bumble and frank went back in but that was sort of the most recent songs on CD. I think these shoulda been the singles.