Dizzy Reed

spunko12345

He's been in GNR for a number of years. I know that he was on a few albums but at the end of the day he's a 2nd keyboard player. If indeed, the months of tours between 1993 and 2011 and appearances on record are enough to live a comfortable life then I take my hat off, and envy his work/life balance. But otherwise how does he sustain himself in the fallow years. Dont tell me Hookers and blow puts food on the table.

He's been in GNR for a number of years. I know that he was on a few albums but at the end of the day he's a 2nd keyboard player. If indeed, the months of tours between 1993 and 2011 and appearances on record are enough to live a comfortable life then I take my hat off, and envy his work/life balance. But otherwise how does he sustain himself in the fallow years. Dont tell me Hookers and blow puts food on the table.

He's probably on a retainer like the rest of the band. The NYtimes article from a few years back said the big

names in the band (I guess that would be Buckethead) were on about 11k a month.

I'd presume Dizzy would have been on 5 or 6k a month? Just guessing here.

He's got some royalties now from CD; he might have also saved any money he made from the UYI tour and the CD tours.

I'd also presume that since the record company stopped paying for CD and Axl had to take over paying, the retainer

paid to band members is lower now than it would have been in the past.

He's probably on a retainer like the rest of the band. The NYtimes article from a few years back said the big

names in the band (I guess that would be Buckethead) were on about 11k a month.

I'd presume Dizzy would have been on 5 or 6k a month? Just guessing here.

He's got some royalties now from CD; he might have also saved any money he made from the UYI tour and the CD tours.

I'd also presume that since the record company stopped paying for CD and Axl had to take over paying, the retainer

paid to band members is lower now than it would have been in the past.

They werent making very much money on the UYI tour.

This is the quote from the Nytimes article:

With the band's return, Mr. Rose's machinery cranked up again. One internal cost analysis from the period [2001] pegs the operation's monthly tab at a staggering $244,000. It included more than $50,000 in studio time at the Village, a more modern studio where Mr. Baker had moved the band. It also included a combined payroll for seven band members that exceeded $62,000, with the star players earning roughly $11,000 each. Guitar technicians earned about $6,000 per month, while the album's main engineer was paid $14,000 per month and a recording software engineer was paid $25,000 a month, the document stated.