Hey Axl..

drtydane

Are you done now? Can we call it quits here? I'm sorry to sound like a bit of a dink, but alot of us have been on these redic. forums since the fuckng 90s. Just give us a quick, to the point answer. This is the worst section on the forum. :thumbsup: .I rarely post, and never start threads, but the latest bit of GNR news is that Juliens is auctioning off Slash property. Thats you're fault.

So while some freaks while stay no matter what you say, I think alot of us will just have had it if you were to ever reveal you true plans, which I'm sure is nothing at this point. You can't possibly tour under Chinese Democracy anymore. Anywhere. And you aren't going to release shit. Ever. And you cetainly aren't going to tour the US.

I hope to god I'm wrong about all of these points. I'd love new C.D. era material. I'd love anything post C.D. sessions. And I'd love a fucking tour. But let us know, because this is crazy. If you have a plan let us know. If you don't, let us know.

(whats everybody looking at, this sections DEAD anyways..)

I don't think axl needs to be pushed to do anything just because we want him to. He has always done things in his own time not just because he is a perfectionist but because its his way or the highway. So do what you want axl but for fuck sake at least have the decency to update the fans who make this band what it is, who fund this band by buying albums, tickets and accessories. It shouldn't come down to the other band members answering queer questions from forum members, or one band member saying one thing and one going against it .. like the bumblefoot and dj album interview. It can only come from you! Look at bands like iron maiden, motley etc at least they keep their fans updated, Nikki sixx answers most fans questions on Facebook ffs. We give so much attention to this band I just feel we are owed some back. Blah blah blah rant rant rant

Yeah but the fact is that he has the GnR name ( a very valuable asset, right ? ) and mostly tours AFD with it...that and CD...for the last ten years...

Why keep the name if you don't plan to release music with it ? Well, there is an answer but it ain't pretty.

axl puts on a tour when he needs to generate revenue. fans on the forums are the ones who supply the narrative of taking over the world, or writing the next chapter in gnr's history. because of axl's behavior in the past, it's hard to get a tour planned, organized and executed. who's going to insure that traveling train wreck? everyone who works with him either ends up suing axl or being sued by axl. if you had a company, would you want to do business with someone like axl?

same with albums... he spent all his time burning bridges, and now he's stuck on an island. who's going to put up money for another axl release after witnessing the epic goatfuck that was chinese democracy? even if they front the money and release an album, even if he actually delivers the product, even if he shows up to do publicity, it's still gonna be a album comprised of outtakes from an unsuccessful album written by a band of 20 musicians who've never had a hit between them. if the best thing paul tobais wrote 10 years ago was a dud, then why is any record company going to fight that hard to release a compilation of crap that wasn't even good enough the first time around? even if an awesome new guitar player like BBF is hired to record more rhythm guitar tracks.

Edited by cancerface

I really don't want to turn this into an Axl bash/gripe session. I want it to stay up here, so please don't fuck it up. Its obvious now that everybody is at the same point I am and want answers. So if you have something helpful to contribute to the thread, then by all means. Lets just keep it civil. :thumbsup:

I hope axl will see this thread and realise that it only takes an update to make this forum and all fans happy with knowledge of what is going on or what will go on. How hard can it be. Some of the topics I seen recently are beyond pathetic but that's only because there's fuck all else to talk about. He doesn't have to answer questions ... Just an update. This band has millions of fans and a portion of those want to know what's happening and are denied because of one person. Kind of sad really

what i mean is, the position axl has put himself in over the years probably makes it very difficult to book a tour. combine that with axl's willingness to abandon plans or pull a sudden, unexpected u-turn, and it just means it's very difficult for them to get these things off the ground. so during the protracted process of organizing one of these things, the plans will probably change many, many times. so it's pointless for them to come out each week or two and inform the small online forum community of their conversations and emails. especially since desperately eager fans will interpret it in the best-case way and expect the tour to happen. and when it doesn't -- like the release of the record -- they'll get mad and feel they were betrayed.

so they'll just wait until a tour is booked to tell you what's officially going to happen. whenever that can be decided upon.

Guest siliconmessiah

Well.

Throughout the years, we have learned that the band can change.

The band exists sometimes, and does not exist at other times.

When it shows up the next time, it can be a whole new constellation.

My 5 cents is that the recents going-ons and friction in GNR-camp has made things worse.

I don´t believe we´ll see the 2008-2010 line-up on stage anymore as it was.

(this is not certainly a bad thing)

Edited by siliconmessiah