Vote for GNR against The Beatles

gnrkoncerti

Chewbaca:

u said my taste in music is ridiculous which totaly goes against your idea of letting people have their own opinion.

What's ridiculous is that nuGNR (2010) is better than the BEatles.

NuGNR(2010): hasn't released a record and hasn't even written a song together.

That's all. Everybody has an opinion and there's mine on the subject.

Three chord songs????

Have you listened to abbey road or the white album.?

Obviosly not or either you know nothing about music.

There's some of the best chord progressions and melodies ever.......

O and just bc the guitarist in the band has technique and plays fast doesn't make them a good band..... I'm sorry. That's just my ridiculous opinion again......

Read it again, sleemo. I never said your taste was ridiculous and I dare you to find any statement on my last message that support your dramatic answer Ok, I stated that beatles were a 3 power chord band, but I didn't say that this was something bad either. All I sad is that it is unsufficient for people who prefer more technical stuff (regarding both playing and listening). I respect your musical preferences so quit the drama, ok? :thumbsup:

You say beatles, I say Guns. I wont take this discussion any further, that would be like competing on the paraolympics: You may win something with that, but, in the end, you're still a retard.

Edited by Chewbacca

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not even on here did think I'd find the level of cuntary to actually argue that GNR are better than the beatles! :lol:

Your argument? Because GNR could play the beatles songs easily.... FFS.

There are several arguments here:

1. Would the beatles even wanna play GNR songs? Probably not, but I bet the opposite is true.

2. The Beatles songs we so good they didn't need 3 guitarists or shredding

3. Listen to the last 3/4 years and tell me there's nothing going on musically in the beatles.

4. Complexity does not equal good

5. Playing fast does not equal skill ful

6. Songwriting is the most important skill in being a great band

7. The Beatles changed the world

8. They released albums

9. They touched millions of people in every corner of the world and STILL do

10. The members were successful after the original band broke up

11. Generation after generation get as obsessed with them as the last

12. Their creativity is up there with anyone, and they evolved more than almost anyone...

I could go on all night.

And to the retard that said the beatles are boring, you wanna wait until your tiny balls have dropped before saying such stupid fucking things.

In fact I'm gonna stick the white album on. You've made me like Chinese Democracy a little bit less just from your ignorance.

+ 1

+ 2

as much as i love GNR... The Beatles are the best band ever...not only they raised the bar for rock and all the genres that comes from there...but also you hear music the way you do today, because of the experimentation in techniques on sound recording that happened while they were recording their albums

as for popularity, the beatles had the benefit of coming out first. had axl and the gang released chinese democracy in 1968, nobody would have even noticed the beatles existed.

I spit coffee reading this, laughing out loud.

Yeah, ChiDem really changed the face of rock today.

/sarcasm off

Not even on here did think I'd find the level of cuntary to actually argue that GNR are better than the beatles! :lol:

1. Would the beatles even wanna play GNR songs? Probably not, but I bet the opposite is true.

3. Listen to the last 3/4 years and tell me there's nothing going on musically in the beatles.

8. They released albums

12. Their creativity is up there with anyone, and they evolved more than almost anyone...

I could go on all night.

And to the retard that said the beatles are boring, you wanna wait until your tiny balls have dropped before saying such stupid fucking things.

In fact I'm gonna stick the white album on. You've made me like Chinese Democracy a little bit less just from your ignorance.

+ 1

+ 2

as much as i love GNR... The Beatles are the best band ever...not only they raised the bar for rock and all the genres that comes from there...but also you hear music the way you do today, because of the experimentation in techniques on sound recording that happened while they were recording their albums

if hearing that someone likes chinese democracy more than the beatles makes you dislike chinese democracy, then i doubt you ever really liked it in the first place.

i happen to like axl's current vision of gnr more than another band. sorry that hurts your feelings. suck it up and deal. but don't take it out on chinese democracy. it's not axl's fault he made a classic album that many people value dearly.

The Beatles have millions of hardcore fans out there. Fake GNR have maybe 10.000, not a very fair competition. But I gave them my vote.

Whatever you and your sig both suck the big one. We dont need cupcakes like you around here.

In the end you cant compare these 2 bands at all....different time and different music.

Why don't you come over and suck a little bit too? Racist boy :fuckyou:

I know they can't be compared, I'm just saying that The Beatles has more fans, ergo the odds are better for them.

8. They released albums

I could go on all night.

And what you just said means nothing. You know, there's a side of our brain that tell us what's good and what's not. That's the subjective side of music, and that's what really matter. So, to me and many others Beatles are sometimes boring. Sometimes, not always... they released some great stuff.

And guess what? You probably have made him (and maybe other people) like Beatles (and the White Album) a little bit less because you are an arrogant bastart. Who are you to tell people what to like? Who are you to define what's good for someone?

I voted for GNR but lets face it. You can't compare Guns to the Beatles. I personally I don't like the beatles music, prefer the stones by a mile. the beatles always seemed like silly music to me. However, they had talent oozing out of them. Their composition and the lack of filler in their albums is incredible. The talent level of all four guys was truly great including Ringo.

There are only two bands that I put up next to the Beatles. The Stones and Led Zeppelin.

if hearing that someone likes chinese democracy more than the beatles makes you dislike chinese democracy, then i doubt you ever really liked it in the first place.

i happen to like axl's current vision of gnr more than another band. sorry that hurts your feelings. suck it up and deal. but don't take it out on chinese democracy. it's not axl's fault he made a classic album that many people value dearly.

And what is Axl's current vision of GNR? Most of CD was written and recorded nearly ten years ago by musicians who are no longer with the band. I'm not bashing your CD love, but I'm curious as to what you think Axl's current, as of 2011, vision of GNR is.

I liked CD, but honestly it sounded like a mash-up of material that had been recorded by different musicians at different times for nearly a decade. I didn't really get a sense of cohesiveness or general direction. It was more like, "We've already finished these songs. We've got to release something."

i think the band he put together to write chinese democracy was the best band he could put together to write those songs. now, i feel the band he's put together to tour and perform those songs is the best band he could put together for that goal.

again, the poll is about best band. not best songwriters. i could see voting for the beatles over gnr in terms of song writing, maybe. but not as a band. i think if the band axl's assembled now would have performed all the beatles records, they would have sounded way better and exhibited a far greater degree of musical accomplishment.

but really it's beside the point... axl asked us to vote for gnr in the contest. then a bunch of wise guys had to overthink it and change the parameters of the voting, so that they were voting on songwriting instead of the band itself. or people who said they preferred gnr personally, but would still vote for the beatles... um, excuse me? how is that anything less than anti-gnr bias? to say you like them better but you won't vote that way? jesus christ, talk about tortured logic. to me, that's even harder to understand than someone liking one band more than another one.

so will you do what he asks? will you click a mouse button on behalf of the band you read about every day on the forum? or is that too much to ask?

he's asking us to vote against the freakin' Beatles.

some may feel comfortable doing that, but not me.

so will you do what he asks? will you click a mouse button on behalf of the band you read about every day on the forum? or is that too much to ask?

he's asking us to vote against the freakin' Beatles.

some may feel comfortable doing that, but not me.

how much time to you spend on the beatles fan board?

maybe you're not aware of how much you like guns n' roses.

how much time to you spend on the beatles fan board?

so time spent on a band's forum determines who is better?

better is subjective. but yes, i'd say the amount of time you dedicate to reading and writing about a band is a clear indication of how much you like them.

I don't care what anyone thinks, I've never liked the Beatles, never will. Guns N' Roses and Led Zeppelin all the way. Changed the world my ass, no band matters that much. There was music before and after the Beatles, music has been with man since the beginning. You guys make me laugh. No band matters in the grand scheme of things. Anyone remember who was rocking while the pyramids were being built?

i didn't say gnr was better than the beatles. i said some line-ups are. and i stand by that, based on their musicianship. could nugnr play every song the beatles did? easily. probably with 8 of their 16 hands tied behind their backs. could george harrison play bumblefoot's solo in shackler's revenge? could ringo do all brain's fills from TWAT? could john lennon sing the high notes in this i love?

try not to take it personally. the beatles were an amazing band for fifty years ago. times change and music progresses.

A song isn't better because it has overly complex guitar solos and drum fills. Don't get me wrong. The various members of NuGNR are very talented, but most times in music less is more. A great thing about The Beatles is that while their work was revolutionary at the time it is still relevant today. Nobody had heard stuff like Sgt. Pepper before when it was released, but the songs endure because of the amazing melodies and lyrics.

I doubt anyone will be talking about Chinese Democracy in fifty years. Not a knock on GNR, but there aren't too many albums that come out now that will be as timeless as The Beatles.

the poll wasn't which band wrote the most popular songs. the poll was which is the best band. a band is comprised of musicians. so which musicians add up to the best band? the best musicians. simple. as great as the beatles were in their day and age, they are not great musicians. ringo can not even touch the weakest drummer today. same for their guitar players. the instrument has come such a long way it's like comparing finger-painting to the sisteen chapel. again, not a slam on the beatles. just an honest reflection of how times change and art progresses.

as for popularity, the beatles had the benefit of coming out first. had axl and the gang released chinese democracy in 1968, nobody would have even noticed the beatles existed.

and i disagree with you that people won't be talking about cd in 50 years. many people have said that the album will find its audience over time. even duff said that on talking metal. so if duff can be honest about cd's timeless qualities, then i think we should be too.

Bro needs to put the crack pipe down... lol.