Chinese Democracy re-enters Billboard 200

axl_on_drums

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

slash has really been out there keeping that gnr name alive, thanks slash!~

:no:

i thought that there was a smiley that gave the finger...couldn't find it....so I'll just say....

fuck off.

Slash is doing way more than Axl is to keep the name alive, why cant you see that? Or is playing the most watched televised event in history not keeping the name out there?

i thought that there was a smiley that gave the finger...couldn't find it....so I'll just say....

fuck off.

Slash is doing way more than Axl is to keep the name alive, why cant you see that? Or is playing the most watched televised event in history not keeping the name out there?

a minute long butchery of SCOM in the middle of a 20 minute pop set, getting negative attention all over, is keeping the GNR name alive?

please.

fuck off.

a minute long butchery of SCOM in the middle of a 20 minute pop set, getting negative attention all over, is keeping the GNR name alive?

please.

And an album that flopped hilariously after over a decade of production and $10 million, getting negative attention all over, is keeping the GNR name alive? If Chinese Democracy counts as keeping the name alive then so does Slash playing with some shitty hip hop artists, except way more people saw Slash than listened to CD.

And an album that flopped hilariously after over a decade of production and $10 million, getting negative attention all over, is keeping the GNR name alive? If Chinese Democracy counts as keeping the name alive then so does Slash playing with some shitty hip hop artists, except way more people saw Slash than listened to CD.

i didn't say it was, dumbass

all i was saying is that slash has done more than his fair share of namekilling as well

to view him as some messiah keeping the GNR name alive while everyone else shits on it is utter nonsense

Edited by bacardimayne

Slash is apart of the history. We recognize that...and we love his contribution. No one hates him.

Are we REALLY making him part of this.

Again.........CD has nothing to do with Slash other than his (growing up) influence on Axl.

Fuck off.

Great Album CD is. if you want 'your' band to stay in 1987...fine.....

but the rest of us evolve and so does THE MAN.

Slash is apart of the history. We recognize that...and we love his contribution. No one hates him.

No they do. It may have not legitimate reason but it is still hate.

You're absolutely right. Living like it's 1987 is for fucking losers. I myself spend everyday pretending it's 2001. I can't wait to follow Axl Rose on the Chinese Democracy tour.

Oh wait...?

It would cost Axl just $39000 to buy 20,000 copies and CD would be in the top 30 at the very least....

I wonder if a artist has done that before??

I think i remember hearing christina agulera (sp??) doing it. Not sure though.

There are only two reasons why I would potentially care that CD re-entered the charts:

1) If it shows Axl that there's enough interest for him to decide to tour the US and/or

2) the increased interest lights a fire under his ass to put out some new material

Otherwise who cares? The people that bought and enjoyed CD did it for the right reasons, the music, not because they thought that guy in a top hat looks badass or because they think Axl was so sexy in the SCOM video. I'd be impressed if they re-capture a strong American audience but I don't see it happening the way things are going. From a marketing perspective I think the best way to do it would be for Axl to get onboard with the next American Aerosmith tour as an opener/co-headliner, but that would require he be on time, shorten their set and probably simplify their stage setup. I have basically zero hope of Axl taking that route but I think it'd go a long way toward winning over a bigger audience here.

Again.........CD has nothing to do with Slash other than his (growing up) influence on Axl.

Fuck off.

AMEN :thumbsup:

The only way Slash is killing GN'R is that people see him, think he is cool and because of that thinks GN'R is "nothing" without him. Stop fooling yourselves, Fergie butchering SCOM was the reason for the biggest share of positive press that Axl has gotten in 15 years.

Fuck off.

AMEN :thumbsup:

Exactly.

The majority of current GnR fans realize the importance of Slash to the old band. And most of us recognize that all the old members contributed to the success of GnR...some of prefer singers, and some of us prefer guitar players. To each his own.

Thankfully most people also realize that BOTH Slash and Axl had a hand in the old band breaking up. And that since both Axl and Slash (along with Duff, Izzy, Gilby, Sorum, Adler) have moved on with their music careers and lives....that we as fans should do the same thing.

The old guys choice NOT to work together anymore. Bitching and whining about it every day on a GnR forum is ridiculous and is not going to change anything. No matter how much ill will you still (for some insane reason) hold against Axl or Slash. 10,000 posts saying the guy you don't like (axl or slash) sucks and destroyed the old band isn't going to change anything.

Axl owns the name GnR and can do whatever he wants with it. Deal with it. If you don't like it - don't go to his concerts, don't buy his CDs and for God's sake, don't spend every day of your life on a GnR forum bashing him. It just makes you look like a complete clown.

IMO,

CD was an amazing album and I still listen to it 3-4 times a week. Saw the new band in concert twice - great shows both times. I hate the lack of communication with the fans, that there wasn't a video or two, and that Axl doesn't put out more music. I hate the constant lawsuits. I hate him coming on stage late so much. I wish Axl was more productive with his music. It's not that hard to come up with 12 songs every two years.

I enjoyed Slash's solo album. Couldn't stand either VR album. Fall to Pieces was complete crap. His guitar work on the old albums made the classic hard rock albums, and he deserves a spot in the Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame and a list on the top 10-15 best rock guitar players of all time. But as much as Axl's inactivity, late show times and lawsuits puts a stain on his career.....so does all the media-whoring that Slash does. The raped Paradise City cover, the embarrassing Fergie performances and Slash willing to plProxy-Connection: keep-alive

Cache-Control: max-age=0

with anybody at any event - has tarnished his legacy as well. He's went from being an icon rock guitar player into an entertainer. (Just like Steven Tyler is doing with his career now). Funny thing is that all the clowns who support Slash by saying "He just loves music and loves to perform" are the same people who bash Axl for who he chooses to play with, and that would bash any other guitar player if he was doing the same thing. But because it's Slash....he can do no wrong.

I hope Axl and Slash both put out tons of music over the next decade. I look forward to listening to both of them.

Do I want a reunion of the old band? That's like asking if you want your friends who got divorced 15 years ago to get back together........it's up to THEM. If the old guys want to get back together - awesome. If they don't want to - that's great too. Their lives, their career,.....their choice. Not mine.

Their lives, their career,.....their choice. Not mine.

I had a dream last night. Axl repeated that he might work with Izzy and maybe something with Duff, "but that's it".

But then Axl ran into Slash by accident in a bus (I didn't know millionaires wanted to use public transport much...?) and they sat next to each other and Slash said something like "Listen, about all that..." Axl interrupted and said "It's alright, it doesn't matter. I don't mean it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't matter". Then Slash said "I love you" and Axl said "I love you too". Aww how sweet. :wub::lol:

I wonder how that would go in real life. I wonder if Axl would just punch him in the face or just ignore him.

If they ever met again, it would be interesting.

Would it be like what happened with Duff in October? Or be a name-calling and fist fight type thing. Who know's?

If Slash is ever touring around where GN'R are touring, people can only hope that he uses the same Hotal Axl's in and the person who run's the place put's him on the same floor as Axl. See what happen's.

I had a dream last night. Axl repeated that he might work with Izzy and maybe something with Duff, "but that's it".

But then Axl ran into Slash by accident in a bus (I didn't know millionaires wanted to use public transport much...?) and they sat next to each other and Slash said something like "Listen, about all that..." Axl interrupted and said "It's alright, it doesn't matter. I don't mean it doesn't mean anything, but it doesn't matter". Then Slash said "I love you" and Axl said "I love you too". Aww how sweet. :wub::lol:

And then they kissed. With tongue. :wub:

Where is the puke emoticon?? :huh:

Where is the puke emoticon?? :huh:

Tongue kissing is what grown-ups do with other grown-ups. Someday, you'll like doing it too. :kiss:

not with the same sex,I don't swing that way,and I guarantee I have lint older than you, this topic is about the album re-entering the charts,if you choose to continue to discuss sexual preferences,this isn't the place to discuss some random French kissing fan fantasy fetish.

Hahahhahah nice one!