"No GNR tour plans for 2011 so far other than the Rock In Rio show in Oct."

Guest Gunns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can´t blame Axl for turning down the snakepit material..those songs were awful.

I don't think they were awful but to say that as constituted they ALL deserved to be on a Guns record (at least at that time) is just people being irrational. Those songs have some great things about them and with Snakepit and Chinese,we can better see what each guy (Axl and Slash) brought to the table.

Slash's stuff is more catchy and unstructured, Axl is overly structured and deep. Great when balanced properly between the two.

Hey, if you can't work with a guy though you just can't. Sucks, but tis life.

Edited by tange

Slash's guitar work was solid on Snakepit, but if Axl wasn't feeling it it would have come out half assed anyway. Forced albums never sound good. The lyrics that Slash and Dover wrote were abysmal shit, which brought the album down.

Yep. Lyrics were absolutely horrendous. Also and the critics agree, the songs just sound like jams or incomplete songs. Thats were Axl works best. That's why he and Izzy and he and Slash wrote some cool songs together. Those two were great at coming up with catchy hooks and rhythms that Axl built songs around. Thats also why velvet revolver sounds more complex than snakepit (notice I didn't say better). There are actually melodies introduced by the producer and Wieland.

if fans were actually deemed wOorthy of inside information,and wouldn't misconstrue,misinterpret, or verbally crucify the band,I'm sure fans could know a bit more,but fans follow certain people who claim to possess certain info,and when anybody close to the band comes here they get attacked,would you honestly trust these people with your future plans? I wouldn't,live and learn

Your kidding right? "deemed worthy"?? come on mate were not talking about state secrets here, it's a fucking rock band and we are talking about details , like when we will see numusic, touring plans etc., that every other band gives their fans because they appreciate their support and want them to know what to expect....Axl has the right to refuse to share with his fans but then he can't complain when they create rumours and say shit about him....I belong to several forums and I have never seen such a polarized fan base as this bands and Axl is part of the problem...

"Accomplished player" does not mean you possess writing skills or that you could actually pull lightning from a jar,everyone is not a Bernie taupin relationship.

In fact Gilby did write music during his days with Guns and if you believe the music rags I uploaded Axl was interested in some of Gilbys stuff but he put it out on his solo album instead. I don't remember all the details and I am too lazy to try to find which magazine it is in but you can go dig if you really are interested.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/2Rv8fW5a/_online.html

Gilby also wrote music with Slash and Matt which became the first Snakepit album and we know from Marc Canter that Axl was interested in working on 3-4 of those songs after initially rejecting the material. After the UYI tours Axl was pretty much isolated from the other band memebers so we wil never know if he could have written with Gilby...But we do know he liked him so much he fired him for no apparent reason other than he was close to Slash and spoke his mind in the music mags..So I can't blame the current band members for respecting Axl's gag order keeping silent as they have a pretty comfy gig right now and could never make the kind of $$$ they are as Axl's employees.......

Thank you sir. That's all i was trying to get at, in fact i just joined this forum and it seems there are a bunch of idiots here. If we had normal updates on things going on with the band like any other band I swear no one would care about insiders or anything of the sort. Anyway the point is Axl leaves his fans in the Dark and it's not fair at all no matter how you look at it.

Ah.

So it´s another one...another one who "just joined the forum" to tell everybody here that "Axl leaves his fans in the dark" and "that it´s not fair at all no matter how you look at it".

You know what.

I´m growing tired of this bullshit. I have to vent my feelings.

All those bullshit posters who "randomly joins" and instead of being curious about what their favourite band is up to, and discussing relevant things, takes every chance to throw shit at either Axl or other people in Guns N´ Roses.

Take this.

The band has just taken a couple of months of, playing for hundreds of thousands of people around the globe. Ron has had some personal issues, and that goes for other people in the band too.

And then there are those people who joins this forum just to complain, when in fact they don´t know shit. Start off as a real newbie does - ask questions of what has been going on here over the last 10 years. It will give you a hint of a very great ride. We have had live streams of concerts, leaks and an album release by our favourite band.

Most probably are they going into the studio now preparing a new album, and guess what? They just announced a show that will be held in a couple of months. So stop fucking complaining.

There has happened a lot over the years. But coming to join this forum, just to talk shit about a band that plays the songs better than ever, is just pure bullshit behaviour.

I am sure, that there are several users with multiple accounts, that keep on talking shit about our favourite band on a fan forum. Come on!

Of course you should be able to discuss things, and be critical. But sometimes it´s fucking ridiculous.

And just for the record. Axl can do exactly whatever he wants to do. And I am glad that he does just that.

Discussing and coming here with the explicit purpose of badmouthing the band are two different agendas,

Agree with the above post :thumbsup:

I also agree with the above post. Very strong points! Way to go on defending the GNR name.