"No GNR tour plans for 2011 so far other than the Rock In Rio show in Oct."

Guest Gunns

Ya know, I won't pretend to know what's going on with Axl's life right now, or how he does business, but I just will never understand having all this down time ahead of him and not doing anything with the next album, an album of more or less finished tracks that the fans are foaming at the mouth to hear.

So, while it won't be too much of a shock, I'm gonna be really disappointed if we don't get an announcement or at least an update regarding the next album within the next few months.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thing is, he may not even know the full plans yet....

You would think he would look to the future more often instead of touring with CD for 9 years on and off. This non productivity is a big no and a big F U to the fans. He is only losing more fans by not letting anyone know whats going on.

So, by following that rule, Elvis would have lost all his fan base since his fan haven´t been "updated" since he died...

Imo, if we don´t know what´s going on is to avoid misunderstandings. Look what´s just happened because of Ron´s comment. The guy just said their only plan for this year is the RIR show and people are already speculating and shit.

You would think he would look to the future more often instead of touring with CD for 9 years on and off. This non productivity is a big no and a big F U to the fans. He is only losing more fans by not letting anyone know whats going on.

So, by following that rule, Elvis would have lost all his fan base since his fan haven´t been "updated" since he died...

Imo, if we don´t know what´s going on is to avoid misunderstandings. Look what´s just happened because of Ron´s comment. The guy just said their only plan for this year is the RIR show and people are already speculating and shit.

That wouldn't happen if fans were kept in the know...Axl and the band avoid the public completely so fans just eat up these little comments because it is all they have got to go on. If Axl actually made official statements for GnR we wouldn't be talking about this right now would we.

Btw I laugh at your Elvis comment considering he's DEAD and can't create any more music! Jesus think before you speaK.

That wouldn't happen if fans were kept in the know...Axl and the band avoid the public completely so fans just eat up these little comments because it is all they have got to go on. If Axl actually made official statements for GnR we wouldn't be talking about this right now would we.

Btw I laugh at your Elvis comment considering he's DEAD and can't create any more music! Jesus think before you speaK.

Gah, you have no sense of humour :tongue2:

We would get more from the band if people acted with common sense instead of twisting, misinterpreting, misunderstanding, dissecting, reading between the lines, decoding "secret messages" and overanalyzing every single word and sentence they say. It is impossible to please all the people and no matter what they do they are always bashed.

if fans were actually deemed worthy of inside information,and wouldn't misconstrue,misinterpret, or verbally crucify the band,I'm sure fans could know a bit more,but fans follow certain people who claim to possess certain info,and when anybody close to the band comes here they get attacked,would you honestly trust these people with your future plans? I wouldn't,live and learn

Whose to say these are the guys Axl wants to write the next album with? Maybe they are just for touring.

Very possibly true. Even though Axl liked Gilby and got along with him on stage, the idea of actually writing with Gilby was never on the table (for Axl).

Which is kinda silly seeing as how Gilby is a far more accomplished player than Paul Huge. though i like Paul.

Whose to say these are the guys Axl wants to write the next album with? Maybe they are just for touring.

Very possibly true. Even though Axl liked Gilby and got along with him on stage, the idea of actually writing with Gilby was never on the table (for Axl).

Which is kinda silly seeing as how Gilby is a far more accomplished player than Paul Huge. though i like Paul.

"Accomplished player" does not mean you possess writing skills or that you could actually pull lightning from a jar,everyone is not a Bernie taupin relationship.

"Accomplished player" does not mean you possess writing skills or that you could actually pull lightning from a jar,everyone is not a Bernie taupin relationship.

Yes. true. Not sure that Paul brings that anymore than Gilby does though? Obviously, Izzy is a different story alltogether.

if fans were actually deemed worthy of inside information,and wouldn't misconstrue,misinterpret, or verbally crucify the band,I'm sure fans could know a bit more,but fans follow certain people who claim to possess certain info,and when anybody close to the band comes here they get attacked,would you honestly trust these people with your future plans? I wouldn't,live and learn

Your kidding right? "deemed worthy"?? come on mate were not talking about state secrets here, it's a fucking rock band and we are talking about details , like when we will see numusic, touring plans etc., that every other band gives their fans because they appreciate their support and want them to know what to expect....Axl has the right to refuse to share with his fans but then he can't complain when they create rumours and say shit about him....I belong to several forums and I have never seen such a polarized fan base as this bands and Axl is part of the problem...

In fact Gilby did write music during his days with Guns and if you believe the music rags I uploaded Axl was interested in some of Gilbys stuff but he put it out on his solo album instead. I don't remember all the details and I am too lazy to try to find which magazine it is in but you can go dig if you really are interested.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/2Rv8fW5a/_online.html

Gilby also wrote music with Slash and Matt which became the first Snakepit album and we know from Marc Canter that Axl was interested in working on 3-4 of those songs after initially rejecting the material. After the UYI tours Axl was pretty much isolated from the other band memebers so we wil never know if he could have written with Gilby...But we do know he liked him so much he fired him for no apparent reason other than he was close to Slash and spoke his mind in the music mags..So I can't blame the current band members for respecting Axl's gag order keeping silent as they have a pretty comfy gig right now and could never make the kind of $$$ they are as Axl's employees.......

Thank you sir. That's all i was trying to get at, in fact i just joined this forum and it seems there are a bunch of idiots here. If we had normal updates on things going on with the band like any other band I swear no one would care about insiders or anything of the sort. Anyway the point is Axl leaves his fans in the Dark and it's not fair at all no matter how you look at it.

Guest siliconmessiah

Your kidding right? "deemed worthy"?? come on mate were not talking about state secrets here, it's a fucking rock band and we are talking about details , like when we will see numusic, touring plans etc., that every other band gives their fans because they appreciate their support and want them to know what to expect....Axl has the right to refuse to share with his fans but then he can't complain when they create rumours and say shit about him....I belong to several forums and I have never seen such a polarized fan base as this bands and Axl is part of the problem...

In fact Gilby did write music during his days with Guns and if you believe the music rags I uploaded Axl was interested in some of Gilbys stuff but he put it out on his solo album instead. I don't remember all the details and I am too lazy to try to find which magazine it is in but you can go dig if you really are interested.

Gilby also wrote music with Slash and Matt which became the first Snakepit album and we know from Marc Canter that Axl was interested in working on 3-4 of those songs after initially rejecting the material. After the UYI tours Axl was pretty much isolated from the other band memebers so we wil never know if he could have written with Gilby...But we do know he liked him so much he fired him for no apparent reason other than he was close to Slash and spoke his mind in the music mags..So I can't blame the current band members for respecting Axl's gag order keeping silent as they have a pretty comfy gig right now and could never make the kind of $$$ they are as Axl's employees.......

Thank you sir. That's all i was trying to get at, in fact i just joined this forum and it seems there are a bunch of idiots here. If we had normal updates on things going on with the band like any other band I swear no one would care about insiders or anything of the sort. Anyway the point is Axl leaves his fans in the Dark and it's not fair at all no matter how you look at it.

Ah.

So it´s another one...another one who "just joined the forum" to tell everybody here that "Axl leaves his fans in the dark" and "that it´s not fair at all no matter how you look at it".

You know what.

I´m growing tired of this bullshit. I have to vent my feelings.

All those bullshit posters who "randomly joins" and instead of being curious about what their favourite band is up to, and discussing relevant things, takes every chance to throw shit at either Axl or other people in Guns N´ Roses.

Take this.

The band has just taken a couple of months of, playing for hundreds of thousands of people around the globe. Ron has had some personal issues, and that goes for other people in the band too.

And then there are those people who joins this forum just to complain, when in fact they don´t know shit. Start off as a real newbie does - ask questions of what has been going on here over the last 10 years. It will give you a hint of a very great ride. We have had live streams of concerts, leaks and an album release by our favourite band.

Most probably are they going into the studio now preparing a new album, and guess what? They just announced a show that will be held in a couple of months. So stop fucking complaining.

There has happened a lot over the years. But coming to join this forum, just to talk shit about a band that plays the songs better than ever, is just pure bullshit behaviour.

I am sure, that there are several users with multiple accounts, that keep on talking shit about our favourite band on a fan forum. Come on!

Of course you should be able to discuss things, and be critical. But sometimes it´s fucking ridiculous.

And just for the record. Axl can do exactly whatever he wants to do. And I am glad that he does just that.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Ah.

So it´s another one...another one who "just joined the forum" to tell everybody here that "Axl leaves his fans in the dark" and "that it´s not fair at all no matter how you look at it".

You know what.

All those bullshit posters who "randomly joins" and instead of being curious about what their favourite band is up to, and discussing relevant things, takes every chance to throw shit at either Axl or other people in Guns N´ Roses.

Take this.

The band has just taken a couple of months of, playing for hundreds of thousands of people around the globe. Ron has had some personal issues, and that goes for other people in the band too.

And then there are those people who joins this forum just to complain, when in fact they don´t know shit. Start off as a real newbie does - ask questions of what has been going on here over the last 10 years. It will give you a hint of a very great ride. We have had live streams of concerts, leaks and an album release by our favourite band.

Most probably are they going into the studio now preparing a new album, and guess what? They just announced a show that will be held in a couple of months. So stop fucking complaining.

There has happened a lot over the years. But coming to join this forum, just to talk shit about a band that plays the songs better than ever, is just pure bullshit behaviour.

I am sure, that there are several users with multiple accounts, that keep on talking shit about our favourite band on a fan forum. Come on!

Of course you should be able to discuss things, and be critical. But sometimes it´s fucking ridiculous.

And just for the record. Axl can do exactly whatever he wants to do. And I am glad that he does just that.

I never "talked shit" about the band as you so blatantly put it. You sir are a waste of space on this thread, blowing up on me like that. Get a grip with reality. Your honestly going to defend Axl Rose because he made an announcement for 1 gig this year and has toured for ten years on the same album...The only bullshit i see is you. Instead of touring he should be releasing albums so this band can actually play their own material instead of covers. Wouldn't it be great if they could go on stage with their own material and leave the Appetite/Illusion material for Encores.

Ps Axl can do what he wants to do sure!...........Doesn't mean it's right or more importantly, fair.

Let's hope that this mean's their doing something proactive like wroknig on a new album, new DVD, new anything.

I want something rom Guns N' Roses this year. Sure, Rio is awesme, but if they were able to release a new album, DVD, video of a new song, new single, re-release with bonus track's, anything new, I'll be happy.

Ah.

You know what.

Take this.

I never "talked shit" about the band as you so blatantly put it. You sir are a waste of space on this thread, blowing up on me like that. Get a grip with reality. Your honestly going to defend Axl Rose because he made an announcement for 1 gig this year and has toured for ten years on the same album...The only bullshit i see is you. Instead of touring he should be releasing albums so this band can actually play their own material instead of covers. Wouldn't it be great if they could go on stage with their own material and leave the Appetite/Illusion material for Encores.

Ps Axl can do what he wants to do sure!...........Doesn't mean it's right or more importantly, fair.

Silicone spends more time whining about Axl bashers then he does contributing anything to the discussions so don't take him too personally..

Welcome ot the Forum and after you have been here a while you learn who actually is willing to debate and contribute to the discussions as opposed to insulting, bashing and just trolling and that goes for both Axl and Slash supporters as it happens from both sides......There are some pretty knowledgeable members here on both sides of the fence so don't let the whiners get you down....

Thanks ClassicCrawker! I'l definitely remember that name. I actually love Axl the guy is a great frontman and an awesome entertainer.

Ah.

You know what.

Take this.

Nobody ever promised you life would be fair,its not,and as far as all the accounts that have mysteriously started to appear with the sole purpose of trying to discredit,and take potshots at GNR,go back to your forum,fans would only tear any tentative plans apart,and then Bitch when they don't come into fruition,you don't run the band,and you don't get the privilege of inside info for the simple reason you bought an album or saw a gig,that is an unreal scenario and its not happening,when the band gets ready to release info to the public,it will be,but until then it is what it is,and I'm not losing sleep over it.

No,not kidding,jiving or joking, I don't personally think gilby can write memorable lyrics,id much rather have Izzy back,its not all rooted in writing talent,its also imperative that you can collaborate with the person you are writing with,axl and Izzy,as well as west arkeen had that relationship,

Personally snakepit sounds just like everything else slash has done post-guns,and axl along with diff didn't want that as the next guns album,axl eventually agreed to do 2 of the songs,and an additional 2 if they were worked on,but slash and his advisors along with his EGO,decided to go do snakeshit, all the interviews in the world won't prove a dammned thing,its a he said-she said situation,its third party information,and no after all has been said and done,I don't believe "fans" are automatically entitled to future plans,its not necessary and would give birth to more insane rumors and speculation,you don't need to know what is being planned,you want to know,after the way members of the band and inner circle were treated on this forum,I wouldn't reveal a dammned thing until it was set in stone,and I'm fine with that,I have something called "a life"

No,not kidding,jiving or joking, I don't personally think gilby can write memorable lyrics,id much rather have Izzy back,its not all rooted in writing talent,its also imperative that you can collaborate with the person you are writing with,axl and Izzy,as well as west arkeen had that relationship,

Personally snakepit sounds just like everything else slash has done post-guns,and axl along with duff didn't want that as the next guns album,axl eventually agreed to do 2 of the songs,and an additional 2 if they were worked on,but slash and his advisors along with his EGO,decided to go do snakeshit, all the interviews in the world won't prove a dammned thing,its a he said-she said situation,its third party information,and no after all has been said and done,I don't believe "fans" are automatically entitled to future plans,its not necessary and would give birth to more insane rumors and speculation,you don't need to know what is being planned,you want to know,after the way members of the band and inner circle were treated on this forum,I wouldn't reveal a dammned thing until it was set in stone,and I'm fine with that,I have something called "a life"

Edited by Trilogy

Ah.

You know what.

Take this.

Discussing and coming here with the explicit purpose of badmouthing the band are two different agendas,

Agree with the above post :thumbsup: