"No GNR tour plans for 2011 so far other than the Rock In Rio show in Oct."

Guest Gunns

Guest gunns5

From facebook (he commented on someones pic)

'No GNR tour plans for 2011 so far other than the Rock In Rio show in Oct.... have a good weekend"

which is good news I think, maybe they are concentrating on some other things behind the scenes? (next album/re release)..

You would think if there were going to tour this year or do other dates, it would be announced by now?

Anyways im looking forward to other stuff that im sure is in the pipeline..

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'No GNR tour plans for 2011 so far other than the Rock In Rio show in Oct.... have a good weekend"

which is good news I think, maybe they are concentrating on some other things behind the scenes? (next album/re release)..

You would think if there were going to tour this year or do other dates, it would be announced by now?

A rerelease with new artwork before Rio would be cool B)

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

No it wouldn't screw a rerelease. I want a new album.

Guest siliconmessiah

I have been waiting for Chinese Democracy since 1999.

To re-release that album would be to piss in the mouth of many fans.

I doubt they'll organise the whole stage set up, fly out the whole crew and get all the planning sorted just for one show. They'll be more guys, just wait.

They did for the 2001 rock in rio!

But that was part of a tour that had to be canceled due to Buckethead's illness. It doesn't make sense to ship it all over I agree, but if it's a tour going all over again...

DJ Ashba's wearing his Sixx AM hat, Nikki has his photo book coming out tied in with the new CD. And who knows, maybe DJ will be playing with Sixx AM at RIR...

There could be some shows before Rock in Rio. I just think announcing a fall tour in April wouldn't make much sense.

Some bands get together for just one show. Tour manager has to figure out when he needs to round then up.

I doubt they'll organise the whole stage set up, fly out the whole crew and get all the planning sorted just for one show. They'll be more guys, just wait.

But that was part of a tour that had to be canceled due to Buckethead's illness.

No it wasn't - the 2001 European Tour that was cancelled wouldn't have started until June 2001. Rio was in January.

But that was part of a tour that had to be canceled due to Buckethead's illness. It doesn't make sense to ship it all over I agree, but if it's a tour going all over again...

I'd like to think GNR are alot more solid now when it comes to touring and who actually wants to stay in the band. RIR was sort of test the waters of how the new band will go down and how there accepted, at least that's what I saw it as.

If no tour plans means a new album, I'm more than happy with this...

Agreed.

Let's just hope this year isn't like 2003-05 where the album was more or less done but the band didn't do anything. But yes, If this means that Axl's decided to put out the next album in place of touring then I'm all for it. Although, it would be nice if the two went somewhat hand in hand...

Edited by sofine11

If the Rio gig is the only gig for 2011 ..and the hired hands arn't working on new (Axl Rose) material, which is the impression they (BF, Stinton) imply - will Axl use the opportunity to rant about.. ooh let's see.. why the supposed 2011 US tour never happend.. blame Azof, hackers, Slash (joking), just about anyone but himself.

I'm thinking Axl will either announce it's the last (hired hands) GN'R show ever (to create some buzz) or announce that its all gonna happen in 1212 complete with new album, from which they will perform 1 or 2 songs (then release an album in 10 years time).

Edited by star

If the Rio gig is the only gig for 2011 ..and the hired hands arn't working on new (Axl Rose) material, which is the impression they (BF, Stinton) imply - will Axl use the opportunity to rant about.. ooh let's see.. why the supposed 2011 US tour never happend.. blame Azof, hackers, Slash (joking), just about anyone but himself.

I'm thinking Axl will either announce it's the last (hired hands) GN'R show ever (to create some buzz) or announce that its all gonna happen in 1212 complete with new album, from which they will perform 1 or 2 songs (then release an album in 10 years time).

Do you honestly think Axl will make us wait 10 years? Don't forget he wanted to release 3 albums by 2012. Im quite sure we will see at least one more before 2012. I wanna hear this awesome song Bach loves called The General.

Do you honestly think Axl will make us wait 10 years? Don't forget he wanted to release 3 albums by 2012. Im quite sure we will see at least one more before 2012. I wanna hear this awesome song Bach loves called The General.

And if he doesn't release another 1 soon then I'm sure the end is near for this band.

thing is, he may not even know the full plans yet....

You would think he would look to the future more often instead of touring with CD for 9 years on and off. This non productivity is a big no and a big F U to the fans. He is only losing more fans by not letting anyone know whats going on.

If you're referring to Ron, then I agree completely. History's shown us that Axl plays his cards pretty close to his chest with these guys. Ron said he finds out about tours when the dates have been announced and he gets his tickets, etc. are sent to him. They also found out about the CD release when the official announcement was made, just like the rest of us.

Other than possible titles of unreleased songs they've recorded on, these guys probably know VERY little that we don't.

Let's just hope that Axl's using this time to do what has to be done to get the next album out in 2011.

If you're referring to Ron, then I agree completely. History's shown us that Axl plays his cards pretty close to his chest with these guys. Ron said he finds out about tours when the dates have been announced and he gets his tickets, etc. are sent to him. They also found out about the CD release when the official announcement was made, just like the rest of us.

Other than possible titles of unreleased songs they've recorded on, these guys probably know VERY little that we don't.

Let's just hope that Axl's using this time to do what has to be done to get the next album out in 2011.

He is probably focused on all the legal stuff with Activison, Azoff, and probably others.