Do you think Rebecca Black will cause a backlash to the manufactured pop sound?

Count Drugcula

While I personally don't hate Rebecca Black as many do, I do wonder if the great hatred towards her song might actually cause a backlash to that whole electro-pop/manufactured pop sound that's been infecting the air waves since Gaga?

It'd be nice for some raw, fun rock (think Susie Q) to come back.

Guest Len B'stard

fuckin hope so, don't care even if it don't though really, i know what i like and i know where to find it, quite frankly if this is what people are into they're welcome to it.

Edited by sugaraylen

Certainty a possibility. It might make some of the people who listened to manufactured pop think for a moment. But I doubt those people will entirely change their musical genres tastes because of it.

And lets get something clear, the reason why it has so much popularity is because it is a joke, not because people think its a good song. Sure u have the 1 percent of 8 year old girls that actually like it but thats it.

Nope not at all.

In fact, I think we'll see more Rebecca Blacks in the near future; Her video cost, what...about $2000. I have a feeling a lot of parents are thinking, "this would be great birthday or x-mas gift, for my little girl."

Edited by SunnyDRE

Nope not all.

In fact, I think we'll see more Rebecca Blacks in the near future; Her video cost, what...about $2000. I have a feeling a lot of parents are thinking, "this would be great birthday or x-mas gift, for my little girl."

yes you may have parents doing that for their kids and there may be more videos like that in the future BUT they will not go into the mainstream. this video, as shitty a song it was and a joke of a video it was, is original. so you wont have future rebecca blacks going mainstream.

Edited by Lose Your Illusions

Nope not all.

yes you may have parents doing that for their kids and there may be more videos like that in the future BUT they will not go into the mainstream. this video, as shitty a song it was and a joke of a video it was, is original. so you wont have future rebecca blacks going mainstream.

With shows like Tosh 2.0 and Facebooks continued growth in popularity, its a pretty good possibility. People are always down laugh and poke fun at the "latest" viral video.

people see that she got her 15 minutes of fame. They see that Ryan Seacrest (who is famous why???) has taken an interest in her. They see that Justin Beiber became famous because of his YouTube videos and they will all want to try it. Parents now a days don't say no to their kids and will give them anything they want. There will be more ""Friday" music videos and more manufactured pop until someone gets famous another way then everyone will try that. Its just annoying and the reason why i tend to stick with the stuff I know or that people I trust recommend.

This all started because Tosh's blog discussed it as the worst song ever made. It's a video that went viral for all the wrong reasons. It kind of goes with that "worst movie ever made" they were hyping in the news a couple of years ago.

It's no different than William Hung having a hit with "She Bangs". A lot of people legally downloaded that song.