Media slants on Axl

blake-a-mania

I have just been looking at the topic RE: the countersuit and Azzoffs claims, and something struck me. Every time i read something that axl has done on a website or in a magazine/paper it seems to be given this slant that some implicates Axl as being at fault for everything regardless of has actually happened

Death and Taxes said of the suit

"Not willing to face up to the fact that it was a complete dud, Axl Rose is suing his former manager Irving Azoff for allegedly sabotaging sales of comeback album Chinese Democracy."

http://www.deathandt...e-irving-azoff/

cant find the other example i was thinking of right now, but so many of them seem to acting like Axl is the bad guy for sticking up for himself, his band and HIS intellectual and creative property. I find that disgusting journalism!

can you imagine if somebody that the media liked more like Elton John or Bowie were in a similar position to Axl right now? they would be hailed as the saving grace of music and bastians of truth sticking up for the smaller artist again the big bad Azzoff. why do they still have to be negative about Axl?

Axl is an easy target. He rarely speaks out and defend himself and everyone views him as a joke now. The same happened with Michael Jackson who also never spoke out in defense of himself and was viewed as a joke until he died where he is now praised, but that's a totally different thread.

But yeah, I think that some of the stuff the media slants Axl for wouldn't be such a big deal if it were done by someone else.

I will simply NEVER understand this "Axl as victim" mentality some of you have.

100% of the shit this guy takes, he brings on himself. This narrative he tries to do right by everyone, conducts himself properly, and damn it...just can't get a break from that evil media is pretty ridiculous.

Yes, the press takes shots at him. Unwarranted shots? Not from where I sit. Axl makes his own bed and then complains that he doesn't like the sheets. Its all very weak.

the sad thing is that so many people accept that hideous image the media has created as truth, and that influences their ablity to enjoy the new band and the new music. i think secretly people really like the new music, but because of the anti-axl bias in the press and the world, they don't think it's cool enough to like it. but clearly many people love this album. years later, it's still on the charts. i refuse to accept that it's only haters fueling this monster album.

100% of the shit this guy takes, he brings on himself. This narrative he tries to do right by everyone, conducts himself properly, and damn it...just can't get a break from that evil media is pretty ridiculous.

Yes, the press takes shots at him. Unwarranted shots? Not from where I sit. Axl makes his own bed and then complains that he doesn't like the sheets. Its all very weak.

No one said Axl is a victim. Obviously he brings a lot of stuff on himself, like being late for shows, getting into fights etc. That's not what I mean. They critisize how he looks, what he wears, how much he sweats etc. Im surprised there havn't been an article on how Axl Rose doesn't breathe right yet.

the sad thing is that so many people accept that hideous image the media has created as truth, and that influences their ablity to enjoy the new band and the new music. i think secretly people really like the new music, but because of the anti-axl bias in the press and the world, they don't think it's cool enough to like it. but clearly many people love this album. years later, it's still on the charts. i refuse to accept that it's only haters fueling this monster album.

+1. People always say CD is shit and when you ask them why many even admits to not even having heard the album! They hate Axl cause everyone else does.

No one said Axl is a victim. Obviously he brings a lot of stuff on himself, like being late for shows, getting into fights etc. That's not what I mean. They critisize how he looks, what he wears, how much he sweats etc. Im surprised there havn't been an article on how Axl Rose doesn't breathe right yet.

But you don't see a connection there?

I'm not telling you he has to get down and kiss their ass, but he goes the complete other way. And when you choose to go that route, yeah, people are going to be harsher to you than they would the average guy.

Axl, and rabid Axl fans, have a decision to make. If he is going to act like that, and people here are going to applaud him for how "rock n roll" and totally badass it is, you can't then fret about the reaction. But complaining about media reaction and treatment, you sort of invalidate how "rock n roll" it all is, because it obviously bothers you. That goes for Axl and his superfans. So both he and they either admit that it bothers them and try to change it, or keep doing what you are doing and not care who says what. But what doesn't fly is claiming how awesome and cool it is that you don't care, and they piss and moan about the treament. You can't mix and match.

Axl is an easy target. He rarely speaks out and defend himself and everyone views him as a joke now. The same happened with Michael Jackson who also never spoke out in defense of himself and was viewed as a joke until he died where he is now praised, but that's a totally different thread.

But yeah, I think that some of the stuff the media slants Axl for wouldn't be such a big deal if it were done by someone else.

I agree that a lot of the negative press is caused by the fact he does not defend himself for whatever reason and basically allows them to keep on writing that stuff.

Also everyone already thinks he's the worst person ever, combine this with the above and it's easy to create articles laughing at superficial stuff such as his physical appearance.

However, with that said, he's also done a lot of stupid things over the years, deserving criticism.

Edited by Jyrgen

+1. People always say CD is shit and when you ask them why many even admits to not even having heard the album! They hate Axl cause everyone else does.

Who? I going to go out on a limb and say 100% of people on this board that think the album is "shit' have heard the album.

not all the press.

think about articles from Rolling Stone, (or where was it) before the album was out, were they actually stated that what the world needs now is Axl Rose and the good review Chinese Democracy got.

think of Kurt Loader report on Rock and Rio 2001 and MTV in general - I mean they had a special presentation of what has happen before the 2002 VMA, I sow it on MTV for God sake, about some years ago! were they stated that GNR effectively stole the night for the likes as puff didy and shit.

think about Classic Rock Magazine or who, that in 2007 voted Chinese Democracy the best album of the year - based only on the licks!

and so on man....

so yes there are the likes as Kerrag and shit, who really got their ass burn in Get In The Ring, so they'll forever be against Axl or GNR.

but.. just a but here - don't you know that with money you can make journalists bias? don't you think that it was to obvious what the press was doing in Canada and Europe? I mean, com'on man, I've been to 2 shows in 2 different countries in Europe, and the band was on fire and the public loved it all the way, they gave cheers for each song from Chinese Democracy album, and were blown away by the likes as Madagascar and This I Love.

and each time the reviews of the concert were only about the lateness, the outfitted, and that only the old songs entertained the public. so, it could all be, by all means, just the way a paradigm is evolving, or someone intentionally perpetuated this kind of reviews.

don't you know that reporters all over (almost) the Europe were slammed by the fans? I remember reading this in Italy, France and Switzerland and Austria as well. and in Romania as well - were I am from. but in the North countries and in Russia, Spain, Serbia, Czech Republic they were praised!

anyway, so what isn't this what rock is about? to not give a fuck if the general consent is favorable to you!?

since when being a rocker is about been in good relations with anyone?

isn't it about being with the ones that like you as who you are?

this is what I make of rock n' roll attitude, and I couldn't care less for the likes who wish GNR were more media-friendly,

or more fan-friendly!!!!

what the fuck people! if you want that than this is not the place to be, and not the band to like!

so, fuck of - this is from Snatch, the scene with the theory about dick and it's balls... B)

or if that doesn't ring a bell, it's about REPLICA and DESERT EAGLE .007.

anyway, fuck of all of you who want something out of GNR that is not!

take it as it is or leave it.

this is way I like GNR! exactly because for some is full of shit, or for some it's the symbol of boldness.

you know... they have it in their name - Guns... n' ....Roses

- that is a constant fight between evil and good, which each of us have within.

so, by all means, take your shit and shove it up your ass!

I like GNR.

and I'm here to stay. to show it. whenever I get the chance.

yes ass-holes, I'm not complaining!

about what? about something which I understand?

oh, don't get me wrong, I would like to get some new music out of GNR!

but that's it - I would like - it's not like I'm leaving my life just for that to happen!

For God sake there is so much more to do in life!

and after all, it's just music. yes - the best for my taste, but ,nevertheless, just music.

and as long I can hold to my life and enjoy life together with my love one, that's that man "."

and if I was to listen only to the albums that GNR has put out,

well,

in time, after, a while, when you let them be,

and re-listen to them, they are all fresh again!

peace in, piss out.

Edited by STARABOSTES

not all the press.

think about articles from Rolling Stone, (or where was it) before the album was out, were they actually stated that what the world needs now is Axl Rose and the good review Chinese Democracy got.

think of Kurt Loader report on Rock and Rio 2001 and MTV in general - I mean they had a special presentation of what has happen before the 2002 VMA, I sow it on MTV for God sake, about some years ago! were they stated that GNR effectively stole the night for the likes as puff didy and shit.

think about Classic Rock Magazine or who, that in 2007 voted Chinese Democracy the best album of the year - based only on the licks!

and so on man....

so yes there are the likes as Kerrag and shit, who really got their ass burn in Get In The Ring, so they'll forever be against Axl or GNR.

but.. just a but here - don't you know that with money you can make journalists bias? don't you think that it was to obvious what the press was doing in Canada and Europe? I mean, com'on man, I've been to 2 shows in 2 different countries in Europe, and the band was on fire and the public loved it all the way, they gave cheers for each song from Chinese Democracy album, and were blown away by the likes as Madagascar and This I Love.

and each time the reviews of the concert were only about the lateness, the outfitted, and that only the old songs entertained the public. so, it could all be, by all means, just the way a paradigm is evolving, or someone intentionally perpetuated this kind of reviews.

don't you know that reporters all over (almost) the Europe were slammed by the fans? I remember reading this in Italy, France and Switzerland and Austria as well. and in Romania as well - were I am from. but in the North countries and in Russia, Spain, Serbia, Czech Republic they were praised!

anyway, so what isn't this what rock is about? to not give a fuck if the general consent is favorable to you!?

this is what I make of rock n' roll attitude, and I couldn't care less for the likes who wish GNR were more media-friendly,

or more fan-friendly!!!!

what the fuck people! if you want that than this is not the place to be, and not the band to like!

so, fuck of - this is from Snatch, the scene with the theory about dick and it's balls... B)

this is way I like GNR! exactly because for some is full of shit, or for some it's the symbol of boldness.

I like GNR.

but that's it - I would like - it's not like I'm leaving my life just for that to happen!

and after all, it's just music. yes - the best for my taste, but ,nevertheless, just music.

and as long I can hold to my life and enjoy life together with my love one, that's that man "."

well,

peace in, piss out.

Great post. I don't blame Axl for hating the mainstream press- he gives everything and peforms his heart out onstage evry night last tour and the press talk about anything but this. Some articles still refer to his abilities as a great frontman etc.. but they are few and far between. I wish Axl would do a camera interview 1990 Kurt Loder style for the fans though. He said in the online chats that many people don't want to hear what he has to say but the fans want to hear and enjoy what he still has to say. Why doesn't he do it for the fans who buys his records and goes to his concerts? It would be nice if he gave back a bit!

It was Azoff that sued first. He was a manager so he'd get compensated by a percentage on the arrangements he makes. I'd say the $15 million or something Best Buy deal was phenomenal. Probably never hear of something like that again. Hiring someone for making the deals and not compensating after a falling out isn't right, even if Azoff is rich bastard. I think the counter suit is just a naturally occurring defense and not necessarily of the same profundity as Azoff's lawsuit.

Everyone is free to decide by looking at the facts. I don't think the media is adding anything. Both lawsuits were publicly displayed. Everyone can make up there own minds.

not all the press.

and so on man....

or more fan-friendly!!!!

I like GNR.

well,

peace in, piss out.

:thumbsup:

On topic, the images and lies perpetuated by some of the alumni over the years,have contributed to the negative slant,without doubt

Indeed. Especially the bad apple amongst the alumni. I won't mention his name in this section of the forum.

Agreed,he that shall not be named is guilty of instilling lies as well as spreading passive aggressive potshots in his many interviews that led many to believe erroneous,one sided views,promoting himself and his sub-par muzak simultaneously,what people fail to realize is standing up to Azoff will prompt other artists to go against the moguls in the industry,labels need artists,artists should not be manipulated to or abused in any way

If the former member was as smart as the two of you seem to think he is, he would own the world by now. And he would also own Mr. Azoff. But I do agree something should be done about Mr. Azoff.

Guest siliconmessiah

Yup it is all Slash's fault Axl is getting bad press and Shhhh...between you an me I think Slash is in cahoots with Azoff trying to sabotage ChiDem and force the reunion...See everyone, including the press and other musicians, think Slash is this really cool nice guy but he is so smart he has them all fooled as he is really this very evil person who is constantly plotting to fuck Axl over..amazing how smart he is..........

And can you believe the other former members all got together with Slash to get their stories straight so they are all saying the same lies about Axl to the press!!...It is all a conspiracy to ruin Axl and keep him from making more epic music. No wonder the poor guy couldn't promote Chidem or can't get in the studio with the new band or even release the other 2 albums from the ChiDem sessions because everyone is out to get him!

So what do you think Trilogy that pretty much sum up what you think is going on?

Well.

There are powers in the music business that does not like the current incarnation of Guns N´ Roses to be succesful.

There are people that continue to suffer financially because of the current incarnation of Guns N´ Roses - and did so when the 199X-era of the band dissolved.

Those powers want Axl to fall flat on his back and forced back to a reunion.

They may make some bumps in the road. But they will never get their will through.

Axl could have done more and used his momentum in 2002 and 2006-world tour to fight those powers off for good (with an earlier release of CD and continually releasing music during 2001-2008).

But he did not. Instead did the band fall apart. Probably because the band-members (Finck, Bucket, Brain) got tired of recording but no CD-release. Still - the lack of releases keeps Guns N´ Roses stalled.

Of course. I hope that Axl will continue to fulfill his vision, and release all the music recorded throughout the years.

With that move, he will show the world what Guns N´ Roses has achieved.

When it comes to Azoff - well - he was just another person that saw the financial benefits of a reunion. Fuck him.

Axl's media rep is a shit combo made up of late start times, canceled shows, riots, band members leaving, not doing press, and one new album in past twenty years. I say "Bring on CD II and let the Pirate ship keep sailing the Bermuda Triangle."

On topic, the images and lies perpetuated by some of the alumni over the years,have contributed to the negative slant,without doubt

Indeed. Especially the bad apple amongst the alumni. I won't mention his name in this section of the forum.

Here we fucking go with this shit again......

It´s no secret the media are biased, and it all depends on how they see celebes. The same thing can be considered cool if the celeb is liked or can be considered nearly a crime if the celeb is not media friendly. There´s a lot of hypocrisy in the media business.

Actually, I thought about this the other day when I saw that TMZ footage where John Galliano was insulted by the paps in the LA airport because he didn´t talk to them. They insulted him trying to get a reaction but they failed. And I couldn´t help remembering what happened with Axl in that same place and with TMZ as well :violin: , the difference is that unfortunately, Axl reacted to their provocations and well, you know the story and what a "bad guy" Axl is :rolleyes:

I have just been looking at the topic RE: the countersuit and Azzoffs claims, and something struck me. Every time i read something that axl has done on a website or in a magazine/paper it seems to be given this slant that some implicates Axl as being at fault for everything regardless of has actually happened

Death and Taxes said of the suit

"Not willing to face up to the fact that it was a complete dud, Axl Rose is suing his former manager Irving Azoff for allegedly sabotaging sales of comeback album Chinese Democracy."

http://www.deathandt...e-irving-azoff/

cant find the other example i was thinking of right now, but so many of them seem to acting like Axl is the bad guy for sticking up for himself, his band and HIS intellectual and creative property. I find that disgusting journalism!

can you imagine if somebody that the media liked more like Elton John or Bowie were in a similar position to Axl right now? they would be hailed as the saving grace of music and bastians of truth sticking up for the smaller artist again the big bad Azzoff. why do they still have to be negative about Axl?

Axl has been reluctant to do interviews. Been watching George Lopez lately - he gave Prince free rein of the show, and even bumped off one of the Wayans brothers to book Rosario Dawson. George loves hard rock music, is in LA, and would be a good place for GNR to show up and talk and play. Late night's getting a lot of hard rock and metal acts booked that never would've happened 10 years ago. Letterman did a webcast for the Foo Fighters new one on the same stage the Beatles played. If Axl wanted to do JUST Chinese Democracy songs or new stuff, Fallon, Kimmel, Lopez would all roll out the red carpet. Letterman doesn't always interview music guests, but the live online show was pretty cool. Money's tight, it's hard to get out to concerts for a lot of people. Like Grohl said, "I'm playing for free, but I have a Lear jet (the TV show provided) waiting to take me home".

The big name personalities in media are all going to want a GNR reunion. Most people in bands that love GNR want the reunion to happen. A handful of A-list celebs would put money down for a reunion. Their friends, peers and influences want it.

Perez and TMZ touch base on GNR, but they're more focused on Bieber and Gaga scratching their asses.