Vegas 01

eschman

There was a show at the Mandalay Bay? The Vegas shows I was aware of from 2001 were the Hard Rock and the House of Blues.

Anyways, when we waiting for GN'R to hit the stage in 2006 in Oakland, I was talking to some dude who told me he was at one of those Vegas shows, and he said that Silkworms sounded totally different than it did at Rio. He said it sounded way better. I wonder if he was just stoned or talking out of his ass.

I saw GNR in December of 2001 in Vegas at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

Nah you're talking about the new band, he saw the one-off reunion in Mandalay Bay.

You ain't talking about that show with Steven and Slash are you? Took place a couple years back or so.

There was a show at the Mandalay Bay? The Vegas shows I was aware of from 2001 were the Hard Rock and the House of Blues.

Anyways, when we waiting for GN'R to hit the stage in 2006 in Oakland, I was talking to some dude who told me he was at one of those Vegas shows, and he said that Silkworms sounded totally different than it did at Rio. He said it sounded way better. I wonder if he was just stoned or talking out of his ass.

gnrontour shows a gig at Mandalay Bay, but it was canceled. This was one of the 2002 shows. In 2001 it shows nothing at Mandalay Bay. I'm with you, I've only heard of HOB and Hard Rock, and of course Rio.

I saw GNR in December of 2001 in Vegas at the Hard Rock in Vegas.

Me too. It was awesome.

gnrontour shows a gig at Mandalay Bay, but it was canceled. This was one of the 2002 shows. In 2001 it shows nothing at Mandalay Bay. I'm with you, I've only heard of HOB and Hard Rock, and of course Rio.

I had tix for the Mandalay Bay show but it was canceled like you said. I actually forgot about that, but saw it the other night in my ebay bid history.

I most remember sitting outside the show for hours, andx the hotel peeps wanting us to stand the whole time. Also, this girl and her boyfriend kept trying to gt in front of me, but it wasn't happening.

Btw, hard rock is in mandalay bay, for whomever was confused.

Lol @ it didn't happen. It's the first show the new band did. Supposed to start at 1 am, but man it was late. I almost missed my plane to ak the next morning. So much fun though.

Just to clear up the confusion, the House of Blues is inside the Mandalay Bay. This was the first show the new band did in the early hours of 1.1.01. It was easily the most memorable show I've attended, and there's a good audio bootleg of it. They returned to Vegas a year later to play two shows at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel, but there are no bootlegs of those two.

Just to clear up the confusion, the House of Blues is inside the Mandalay Bay. This was the first show the new band did in the early hours of 1.1.01. It was easily the most memorable show I've attended, and there's a good audio bootleg of it. They returned to Vegas a year later to play two shows at the Joint in the Hard Rock Hotel, but there are no bootlegs of those two.

And I so wish there was boots of those shows. lol

This was the first show the new band did in the early hours of 1.1.01. It was easily the most memorable show I've attended, and there's a good audio bootleg of it.

I'd really like to hear this boot dude... Hook a brother up... :tongue2:

I was there 010101 at the HOB, which is in Mandalay Bay. It was a surreal night seeing Axl after all those years. When i first saw him, I was tripping out because I knew it was him but he looked so much different but i couldn't put my finger on it. After it was revealed that he had plastic surgery, then it all made sense. I took my girlfriend and we got right up to the front. She saw me act like a little girl when the band came on and still married me. LOL. Good times.