Chinese Democracy II or bust

ITW 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still taking in Chinese Democracy.

By taking in you mean that it's lying on the ground outside your place and that every once in a while you inadvertently kick it a bit closer to your front door? Some day soon a guest might just pick it up off the ground and play it on your stereo. And after that, like a classic case, blame a headache on a Chinese Gong, but your guest won't be staying long because you've really got Old GNR missionary business to attend to.

Edited by ITW 2012

Guest siliconmessiah

I think CD2 will be out in 5-10 years time, not under the name CD2 of course!

This is a realistic time-schedule, and the anticipation will be great.

The musicians will probably be many different and the band-constellation will also be a new one.

I don´t think we will hear from GNR in anytime soon and that Rock In Rio will most likely be cancelled or the last show for a while.

I think there will be a 1-2 year downtime, but as i said, a new, good album to go in 5-10 years time.

Guest gunns5

2012 Intentions might be a fun title. It plays on the old 2000 Intentions title and it also hints at the end of the world.

thats actually a good album title, but do you honestly think we will get the album within the next 2 years?

2012 Intentions might be a fun title. It plays on the old 2000 Intentions title and it also hints at the end of the world.

thats actually a good album title, but do you honestly think we will get the album within the next 2 years?

Mos Def. I fully believe Axl will get it together for the supposed End of The World.

Edited by ITW 2012

Chinese Democracy II or bust.

...Or bust what, exactly? Internet message boards? Just kidding, kind of. I s'pose I don't agree with the implied premise that there's extra pressure to do anything. What distinguishes now as some sort of "release new album or bust" scenario?

Are you saying that Chinese Democracy reinvigorated the collective want for more GNR material? Like an addict who is given a fix after being clean for years, and then feels the need for the drug stronger than before. Is that what you're saying?

Guns n Roses is, and has been for a while now, a rare mystical creature. Sightings are rare and special. You must enjoy it for what it is, not what you want it to be. Sure I'd love to hear another album, I mean hell yes. But if we don't get one relatively soon, it doesn't change anything. Except for maybe on internet message board forums. But the fans will still go see the live shows. Right?

I wonder nearly all the time, has the universal "meh" to CD by the general public made Axl almost fearful to put out new material, has it made him not really care anymore. Or is he ready to unleash the real supposed tresures from the CD sessions, does he feel the need to make up for the complete sham that was the Chinese Democracy release.

His willingness to stand by the Chinese Democracy material during the 09/10 tour makes me think the latter.

I bet we will have a slight indication come Rock in Rio

I wonder nearly all the time, has the universal "meh" to CD by the general public made Axl almost fearful to put out new material, has it made him not really care anymore. Or is he ready to unleash the real supposed tresures from the CD sessions, does he feel the need to make up for the complete sham that was the Chinese Democracy release.

His willingness to stand by the Chinese Democracy material during the 09/10 tour makes me think the latter.

I bet we will have a slight indication come Rock in Rio

I think we'll know what's going on come Rock in Rio, or earlier.

and who says the new album is called 'Chinese Democracy II'? Id say thats the most ignorant statement Ive ever heard...

Why it shouldn't be called Chinese Democracy II? Not saying it is going to be called like that, but if it's going to be full of chinese democracy era songs then that looks logical to me...

Honestly nothing is happening this year, it would be nice if they get to play a few new songs at RIR but idk, we'll just have to wait and see.

sounds good, but it would definitely look kind of weird to start the album title with a date or numbers, i think just "Intentions" might be better :lol:

Look, if you truly believe, with 100% sure that we will get a new album this year and that Guns N' Roses will play new songs at Rock in Rio, you're stupid.

If you don't believe at all that such things could happen, you're also stupid.

Exactly. Stop with the extremes.

To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal and when Cd II comes out I'm going to light a GNR scented candle.