Megaman's villians named after Guns N Roses

batman007

55047.jpg

This is Axl in the game.

Maybe he could wear something like this to Rio? :xmasssanta:

oh and yeah,

e:

I'm going to guess here that you are trying to be funny? Well you failed big time. Why would you try to insult Del James? A Man you never met?

lol at your 'big time'. Are you Del James or his cousin or something? It was a joke at the whole Axl & his yes-men clique, to call the dog Del James. Where's the grave insult in that you make me wonder. Why are you so protective over him?

I never met the man but if he couldn't take a joke like that without feeling small and insulted inside, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even want to meet him.

Edited by phaeryen

There's also a character named "Axl Low" in the Guilty Gear fighting game series:

Ggxxac_am_ax.png

EDIT: I think he's the man, not the dog in the picture lol

The dog is probably called Del James.

Hahahahah nice one!!

55047.jpg

This is Axl in the game.

oh and yeah,

e:

I'm going to guess here that you are trying to be funny? Well you failed big time. Why would you try to insult Del James? A Man you never met?

lol at your 'big time'. Are you Del James or his cousin or something? It was a joke at the whole Axl & his yes-men clique, to call the dog Del James. Where's the grave insult in that you make me wonder. Why are you so protective over him?

I never met the man but if he couldn't take a joke like that without feeling small and insulted inside, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even want to meet him.

i think maybe axl could grow mechanical arms too...... okay maybe not

streets of rage 2 on the sega megadraive (Genesis) had people named after GnR Slash was an enemy who carried a knife or broken bottle, duff and izzy were enemies too i think (izzy may have been playable its been about 17years since i played it)

i know the main character was called Axel though

55047.jpg

This is Axl in the game.

oh and yeah,

e:

i think maybe axl could grow mechanical arms too...... okay maybe not

streets of rage 2 on the sega megadraive (Genesis) had people named after GnR Slash was an enemy who carried a knife or broken bottle, duff and izzy were enemies too i think (izzy may have been playable its been about 17years since i played it)

i know the main character was called Axel though

Oh my god I loved those games... Streets of Rage 1-3 I finished all of them a bunch of times. The good ol' sidecscrolling beat em' up, my favourite kind of video game. Wonder why they have all but vanished from the modern scene. ???

just not enough big flashyness for todays kids,i remember Namco trying to bring it back with Tekken minigames but that didnt hit off that well, i loved SOR i remember loads of copycat games that were essentially the same but not as good coming out afterwards, Teenage mutant hero turtles, 2 crude Dudes, haha double dragon was awesome though, i would love for something like that to come back out

Ah... yes. Megaman X5. What a great game. By the way, later on the X-series, a new Axl was introduced: a reploid wielding two guns, he eventually became one of the main protagonists of the series until crossing paths with Lumine (gayest villain of the series).

Nobody knows what happened to him afterwards, since Capcom didn't make any sequels for MMX8 as of now... :shrugs:

Guest siliconmessiah

One of the tunes to feature in one of the (many) Megaman games sounds a lot like Rocket Queen in places (I think its Rocket Queen, its def a track from AFD).

Capcom (the makers of mega man) seem to be fond of GNR. Final Fight, an arcade fighting game wich I spent to many coins on back in the 90:s, feature two bikers (enemies) that is called Axl and Slash. The game makers have made clear that they were inspired by GNR when they made those guys:

This is Axl (in-game):

axl_ff1.gif

This is Slash (in game):

slash_ff1.gif

Edited by siliconmessiah