Is there shit in my mouth...

Ghostie

Never been a fan of mumbling musicians. The Boss, Vedder...whomever else. Clue me in, what's the appeal? :shrugs:

I think you are refering to the cookie monster singing? like Nickleback and Theory of a Deadman?

Works for some songs but not others. :shrugs:

I personally think Vedder and Pearl Jam kick some serious ass!

Cookie monster singing = Death Metal vocals, not PJ. Eddie's style is definetely marble mouth vocals.

What's the appeal?

Having fun with misheard lyrics, of course! What else?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q2netN4AaQ

Guest Len B'stard

I dunno, i like me some mumblers, adds a bit of character and that. Not Vedder though cuz he's a load of fuckin shite and always has been.

Never got the love for Vedder or Pearl Jam either, just a dreadfully boring group imo

I honestly believe you can lay all of the blame on Eddie Vedder for this "HURRRRRR YEEEEUHHH" shit you get with most radio rock singers these days. Creed, Seether, Stained, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mud... all of those fuckers, all of them... have the exact same goal to sound like more of a cowboy on steroids than Eddie himself, creating one of the most widely shared cliche ass sounds in popular music today. When I started listening to rock stations I honestly thought it was all the same band, "when are they gunna play anything else?"

Needless to say I dont listen to rock stations that play that shit anymore

Never been a fan of mumbling musicians. The Boss, Vedder...whomever else. Clue me in, what's the appeal? :shrugs:

Funny, cause the Boss is considered one of the best live performers ever (Saw Bruce and E Street Band in Buffalo 09. 3 and a half hour show. Dude is a beast), and from what I've heard , so is Pearl Jam. Looks like your missing out.

I believe it's also referred to as a baritone.

Eddie is a beautiful man.

I know what the fuck a baritone is, man. It's more the lack of articulation of which i speak. But yeah, I'll check out some of the live stuff you good folks have mentioned. :thumbsup:

Never got the love for Vedder or Pearl Jam either, just a dreadfully boring group imo

I honestly believe you can lay all of the blame on Eddie Vedder for this "HURRRRRR YEEEEUHHH" shit you get with most radio rock singers these days. Creed, Seether, Stained, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Puddle of Mud... all of those fuckers, all of them... have the exact same goal to sound like more of a cowboy on steroids than Eddie himself, creating one of the most widely shared cliche ass sounds in popular music today. When I started listening to rock stations I honestly thought it was all the same band, "when are they gunna play anything else?"

I really really honestly don't get how one can like GNR but think Pearl Jam are dreadfully boring

I really really honestly don't get how one can like GNR but think Pearl Jam are dreadfully boring

Matt Cameron and Jeff Ament are pretty tight, I just really dislike Eddie's voice and approach at singing, not to mention Mike McCready plays the safest guitar solos I've ever heard. I dunno man, I think I gave em a fair shot and they just didn't do it for me :shrugs:

Matt Cameron and Jeff Ament are pretty tight, I just really dislike Eddie's voice and approach at singing, not to mention Mike McCready plays the safest guitar solos I've ever heard. I dunno man, I think I gave em a fair shot and they just didn't do it for me :shrugs:

Do you like Soundgarden? Matt Cameron really shines in that band moreso than I think he does in Pearl Jam

Do you like Soundgarden? Matt Cameron really shines in that band moreso than I think he does in Pearl Jam

I fucking love Soundgarden and I definitely agree. They were one of my favorite bands growing up, hopefully I can afford to see them this year when they come through the midwest.

Sorry but this is flawed argument but such logic we should crucify Mike Patton, because of him Nu-Metal was born.

Sorry but this is flawed argument but such logic we should crucify Mike Patton, because of him Nu-Metal was born.

I just can't understand all this hatred towards nu metal. It's not like every nu metal song is shit... :shrugs: