Whatever happened to..

jellyzero

On the '02 tour or the '06 tour Axl told an audience that the songs they were playing from the upcoming album were not going to be the singles and that they were holding their "big guns" back. When the album was released the singles that were released were "Chinese Democracy", "Better", and "Street Of Dreams" which were all played live during those tours (Better on the 2006 tour but not the 2002 tour).

So my question is: where were the big guns? Are they actually ON the album but not released as singles after all or is he still holding onto them?

PS does anyone remember talk of a song Axl was supposed to have sung with Pink or someone like that for a movie soundtrack? Was that ever confirmed true and just left unreleased or was that just a rumor?

Yes, Axl did say that. And I find it weird how those song's are on the album.

I think the reason most of the song's that were released or leaked were on the album to get thme over with. What was gonna come out of Street of Dreams or Madagascar not being on the album.

I think we will get a new album song.

Guest siliconmessiah

Prostitute and TWAT are two big guns.

Axl said once "if you like the first one, you will like the others too".

This is exactly why I want the follow up to CD without new people coming in and add things the songs...like ca$hba.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I thought what he was trying to say is that there were songs that they weren't playing on those tours that WOULD be released as singles but there were no singles released after CD came out that weren't played on past tours. So if TWAT was one of the "big guns" why was it not one of the 3 released singles? (maybe I just misunderstood what he was saying)

Guest siliconmessiah

I thought what he was trying to say is that there were songs that they weren't playing on those tours that WOULD be released as singles but there were no singles released after CD came out that weren't played on past tours. So if TWAT was one of the "big guns" why was it not one of the 3 released singles? (maybe I just misunderstood what he was saying)

Yes, I think so.

I don´t think that the word "big guns" have to equal singles. It´s more likely he´s meaning epics like TWAT and Prostitute.

Maybe he also meant The General, Atlas Shrugged, Zodiac or any of these songs that didn´t fit on the first album.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Basically my whole NuGNR fan career has been devoted to these Axl Big Gun songs, to say im deeply interested in hearing these songs is an understatement. Also I have always been under the impression that these supposed big guns are more so epic songs not so much single material although its possible some overlap the two and are both.

The same thing happened to the monumental promotion campaign.

Ten years ago, Axl was already talking about a trilogy of albums. Where are the other two?

One thing has happened: no one talks about Axl's grand MASTER PLAN anymore. wonder why that is...

Guest siliconmessiah

I don´t think that there has to be an explanation for everything.

Axl was thinking about getting the album out in 2004 (in march 2004 he said that he hoped to announce a release date in the coming months). But he decided to work four years more on it instead.

I think he can work on an album forever if he is in charge of things himself. And that´s not meant as any insult or anything, that´s just how it is.

I think the "trilogy of albums" is still alive, but it may take to 2015 for record two and 2020-25 for record three.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I think the "trilogy of albums" is still alive, but it may take to 2015 for record two and 2020-25 for record three.

Lol that's completely insane. but it is what it is...

Maybe I need to devote one night into making the exhaustive Axl Rose & The Grand Master Plan -thread up in here, collect all the adamant posts over the years defending his plan of (non-)action, all the little bits and pieces that gathered up over the years, supporting this completely stupid idea that Axl Rose is operating some grand beautiful plan, which will be unveiled to the public when the album comes...

album came, axl went AWOL, ashamed.

so much for the MASTER PLAN.