How do you think Axl is dealing with his age?

fergus

How do you think Axl is dealing with growing old? do you think it affects him? I wonder if he feels less relevant to the music scene now that he is near 50...

Axl in the past has made allot of comments about middle age men trying to be cool or telling the youth what to do, ect...

Edited by fergus

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I would say it bugged him In 2002 but in recent years he's applied a policy of acceptance and just works with what he's got.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

The man complained about turning 27 for goodness sake, back in the 90's...

Axl tried botox in the early "noughties" and got flamed like he'll for it; if he can't do anything about the natural process of age then why should it bother him? The focus, by some low calibre media elements on weight and puffiness might have been cause for an element of self-consciousness, but the fact he was out there all last year suggests a degree of acceptance and perseverance.

I think Axl looks really good and anyone who suggests otherwise clearly hasn't paid attention to the extensive passage of time between 1994 and 2010.

Axl can still outsing a lot of people.

I'm sure there are mornings (or evenings) when he wakes up and feels like an old man, or drags his ass to work out, but I just think he's doing fine living in the moment not to think about what's going on in 20 years.

How do you think Axl is dealing with growing old? do you think it affects him? I wonder if he feels less relevant to the music scene now that he is near 50...

Axl in the past has made allot of comments about middle age men trying to be cool or telling the youth what to do, ect...

Newsflash: Axl doesn't give a fuck about feeling "relevant." You seem to have him confused with mister top hat. You see, what you and your ilk don't understand is that Axl isn't trying to promote himself or his legacy. You see, his legacy has taken care of that for him. It's funny that you make some lame assed attempt at trolling, but you seemingly fail to recognize that GnR has a huge relevance and Axl is a part of that. Duh.

How do each of us deal with getting older? It's something that every human faces, not just Axl. Nice try though. Axl seems to be enjoying life: relaxed, off the radar, touring here and there all over the world. You wish you could live the life he's lived.

Also, care to post any sources? I mean, y'know, since he's made "allot" of comments, it shouldn't be that hard, right?

I would say it bugged him In 2002 but in recent years he's applied a policy of acceptance and just works with what he's got.

I can't imagine how he is feeling right now.

do you have a link?

Axl doesn't give a fuck about "feeling relevant to the music scene". Otherwise he would show up a little bit more often, in TV shows, interviews etc etc.

And regardless his age, I think he looks a way better now than the 02-07 braids era.

Axl doesn't give a fuck about "feeling relevant to the music scene". Otherwise he would show up a little bit more often, in TV shows, interviews etc etc.

And regardless his age, I think he looks a way better now than the 02-07 braids era.

If Axl didn't want to be relevant to the music scene then why did he go and make a complete fucking clown of himself on live TV during the '02 VMA's?

yeah, you can't answer that because your argument is false.

If Axl didn't want to be relevant to the music scene then why did he go and make a complete fucking clown of himself on live TV during the '02 VMA's?

yeah, you can't answer that because your argument is false.

1 (one) TV show appearence in 10 years... wait! 2, if we consider "The Killers!" @ VMA 06. Dou you really think that it means "wanting to be relevant"?

I can't imagine how he is feeling right now.

do you have a link?

7:10

Everyone grows old. There's nothing anyone can do about it but learn to accept it and go with it.

Axl is still talented and since there are singers and bands that are way older than he is and still rockin, I'd say as long as he feels good and can still rock, he should continue to do it.

Fans still flock to see Axl and GNR's music will go on being important to many older and newer fans, so I say age is just a number and as long as you are in good health and want to do what you want to do, go for it.

it seems that Axl doesn't handle anything very well.

Well in this case Axl has no choice as do any of us. Like I said growing older is a fact of life and I would rather grow older than the alternative, which is death. lol