Riverport Anniversary Commercial

cineater

Any of the St. Louis people hear it? lol

The place is now called UMB Bank Pavilion. It's their 20 year anniversary. The commercial is sampling a lot of bands that have played there. All the sudden they start playing GNR, then yank it and say something about he's still bitter about that. lol

I am still bitter too. For assholes that call themselves fans and pull shit like they did that night. I realize that crowds feed off of one another, but man sometimes you have to think before you act. Not dissing you Cin. hugs

I haven't heard it but......

If alll it was about was a camera Axl over reacted but if it was like he said a group causing trouble the whole show then maybe not.

If you watch the footage on youtube shot from behind the stage just before and during the fans throwing shit, like chairs, the WHOLE band was back there like they where going to come back out then, they got the hell out of dodge when it got out of control.

One of those things that should have been handled better on both sides. But for GNR fans it comes with the territory!!!

Back in the day though that was considered "cool" and rock n roll! I remember Kirt on MTV news saying "Guns N Roses had an good old fashion rock n roll riot in St. Louis". Like it was nothing.

Edited by bigcountry

Yeah, I remember reading in Slash's book (I think) that GN'R were supposed to go back on but the fan's started tearing the place apart.

Supposablly Axl had asked security several times during the show to take the camera, but they never did so he took matter's into his own hand's. The person was also in a biker gang and they kept annoying Axl and trying to piss him off all night until the riot.

Edited by GNR123GNR456

When they started playing GNR, I thought it kind of strange. And then they yanked the song and said something about him still being bitter, I got to wondering who's still bitter? Fuck it was 20 years ago, Kings of Leon walked out last year because of pigeon shit. And then I started trying to remember what band it was Axl said something about being pigeons. lol

Yeah, I remember reading in Slash's book (I think) that GN'R were supposed to go back on but the fan's started tearing the place apart.

Supposablly Axl had asked security several times during the show to take the camera, but they never did so he took matter's into his own hand's. The person was also in a biker gang and they kept annoying Axl and trying to piss him off all night until the riot.

I was there,the biker "stump" and his gang were pushing fans around,security didn't do shit.Also in addition to the camera,the guy kept trying to hand up a business card,the camera was the last straw. I didn't stick around for the melee',I got the fuck out.

I was there,the biker "stump" and his gang were pushing fans around,security didn't do shit.Also in addition to the camera,the guy kept trying to hand up a business card,the camera was the last straw. I didn't stick around for the melee',I got the fuck out.

Good idea :thumbsup:

Good idea :thumbsup:

Yeah,It was time to go! By the way,it was during Dust n' Bones that the douche was trying to distract the band with his business card,dunno if its visible on any utube or any site. :)

I've never heard about that! Thanks!!

You are most welcome Karri,enjoy your weekend :)