Do you guys actually care about who is in the touring lineup at this point?

ITW 2012

Do you guys actually care about who is in the touring lineup at this point or were you guys just freaking out because you thought Axl was going to cancel tour dates if Ron or Richard left? All I care about is seeing Axl live and having Bucket's guitar parts on the next album. The rest is just window dressing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do very much, I want the band to remain together, this band right here. It's not just the "touring band" This IS Guns N' Roses

I don't get caught up in the name thing. I'm here for Axl. He could replace the whole current lineup tomorrow and I wouldn't care. Do you actually think these guys will write a new album together? Personally, I wish Axl could get the 02 lineup back together and release CD II. Unfortunately I know that's not going to happen, so I just hope he releases CD II, and puts together a band to tour it.

Edited by ITW 2012

Yes I do very much, I want the band to remain together, this band right here. It's not just the "touring band" This IS Guns N' Roses

You have to be fucking kidding me. This lineup is Guns N' Roses but the last one wasn't? Spare me. This is my favorite lineup out of the new guns, but what is now GNR will never be anything more than Axl and some hired hands.

Why are you guys so attached to this particular lineup? Would you guys actually be upset if Bucket and Brain came back tomorrow and replaced Ron and Frank?

I dunno... I love Bucket, but Bumblefoot's got more stage presence, more carisma, makes GnR look more like a normal band haha. Brain and Frank are both awesome tho. The only one I don't really care about is Tommy.

Why are you guys so attached to this particular lineup? Would you guys actually be upset if Bucket and Brain came back tomorrow and replaced Ron and Frank?

I would for sure. I really wanted this band to suceed, and now it appears to me they have the right shit to do just that. I hope it can proceed and do it's thing

I dunno... I love Bucket, but Bumblefoot's got more stage presence, more carisma, makes GnR look more like a normal band haha. Brain and Frank are both awesome tho. The only one I don't really care about is Tommy.

Buckethead has way more stage presence. I barely notice Ron when he's on stage. With Bucket you can't help but be drawn to his crazy persona and guitar wizardry.

I would for sure. I really wanted this band to suceed, and now it appears to me they have the right shit to do just that. I hope it can proceed and do it's thing

Succeed at what? Playing songs that other guitar players wrote? I expect nothing more from these guys than for them to do an admirable job playing the former members guitar parts live. The rest is up to Axl.

Buckethead has way more stage presence. I barely notice Ron when he's on stage. With Bucket you can't help but be drawn to his crazy persona and guitar wizardry.

I really think Bumblefoot has a lot more. Bucket's playing is amazing, no doubt about that but he kinda stands there playing like a robot, does some weird gimmicks and goes home, y'know... In Rio, Bumblefoot played the Brazilian national anthem on guitar at the end of the show, and that was a REALLY cool gesture. Plus, when the show was delayed because of the 'tornado', he played an acoustic show for the fans there. He's a really, really nice guy who rocks like hell. It's hard haha, I love Bucket's KOHD and Nightrain solos tho.

Whilst I wouldn't say I don't care about the rest of the line-up, Axl is certainly the main draw here. I don't necessarily want the band to lose assets like Bumble or Tommy, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep if they bail; Axl is the voice, and the last remaining Gunner. I'll always have some form of interest in this band, as long as W. Axl Rose remains at the helm.

Ron is no doubt a really nice guy, but I'd still rather be able to listen to Buckethead play live with Axl.

If on the next album, Buckets solos sound anything like they did on TWAT, Prostitute, & Sorry, Axl would have to be crazy to have them rerecorded.....Uh oh... :shock:

That concerns me because he was crazy enough to let Ron solo on Shackler's and Catcher. The solo on Shackler's has to be the worst guitar solo in GNR history. I really don't know how Axl could have ever approved that.

Edited by ITW 2012

Do you guys actually care about who is in the touring lineup at this point

no.

were you guys just freaking out because you thought Axl was going to cancel tour dates if Ron or Richard left?

i had honestly forgotten that Richard was still in the band.

All I care about is seeing Axl live and having Bucket's guitar parts on the next album.

don't even care about that, as i think BH is all show and legend. The truth is.... he to is just another session guitarist.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Ron is no doubt a really nice guy, but I'd still rather be able to listen to Buckethead play live with Axl.

That's what concerns me too. He's a nice guy, but there is just no question that Bucket is a better guitarist. Replacing superior solos & guitar work with mediocre ones just to make them seem like more of band makes no sense to me, and is a bit of an insult to Bucket for the four years he spent waiting & working on that album.

That's what concerns me too. He's a nice guy, but there is just no question that Bucket is a better guitarist. Replacing superior solos & guitar work with mediocre ones just to make them seem like more of band makes no sense to me, and is a bit of an insult to Bucket for the four years he spent waiting & working on that album.

I've never understood why Axl did that. It's not like he actually tries to ever sell these guys as a band anyway. Plus, the general public don't give a shit. Why lessen the music to have an inferior player on it?

Sunny, you just hate Axl and the new music. I actually like Axl and the new music. I just wish he'd just say "fuck it" and release the rest of it without bothering to add the new guys just because they happen to be in the current touring lineup.

Edited by ITW 2012

I've never understood why Axl did that. It's not like he actually tries to ever sell these guys as a band anyway. Plus, the general public don't give a shit. Why lessen the music to have an inferior player on it?

I think a lot of it was done to give legitimacy to the current lineup. I mean, I just can't see Axl listening to Ron & Bucket's Shackler's Revenge solos back to back and preferring the one we got, especially when you consider that Bucket wrote that song.

I think a lot of it was done to give legitimacy to the current lineup. I mean, I just can't see Axl listening to Ron & Bucket's Shackler's Revenge solos back to back and preferring the one we got, especially when you consider that Bucket wrote that song.

I've never understood that reasoning. Axl is the current lineup to the outside world. He just needs hit songs. It doesn't even really matter (at this point) if the guys who played on them are in the touring lineup. Bucket was the only lead guitar player he's had since Slash that the general public may have bought into.

I've never understood that reasoning. Axl is the current lineup to the outside world. He just needs hit songs. It doesn't even really matter (at this point) if the guys who played on them are in the touring lineup. Bucket was the only lead guitar player he's had since Slash that the general public may have bought into.

Agreed. At this point, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone other than hardcore GNR fans on the forums that could name literally one person who plays in GNR these days, let alone care who's actually on the followup to CD. Axl has to know that by now. He had it with Bucket, and to a lesser extent Robin, but not anymore...Other than those weirdo goth chicks who are into DJ Ashba.

As for Bucket and what Sunny was saying, I really don't think they give a custom model Gibson Les Paul to famous 'session mucisians', soon to be two with the Bucket Les Paul Studio. Bucket is, in fact, a very well-known guitar virtuoso with a unique style that's all his own.

He was the first to jump ship when Axl was unable to complete the album within the four years he stuck around, and Axl's more recent statements as well as the fact that they tried to get him back before the 2006 tour (which is why Ron only had two weeks to prep) shows that he understands what a loss that was for GNR.

Edited by sofine11

Agreed. At this point, you'd be hard pressed to find anyone other than hardcore GNR fans on the forums that could name literally one person who plays in GNR these days, let alone care who's actually on the followup to CD. Axl has to know that by now. He had it with Bucket, and to a lesser extent Robin, but not anymore...Other than those weirdo goth chicks who are into DJ Ashba.

As for Bucket and what Sunny was saying, I really don't think they give a custom model Gibson Les Paul to famous 'session mucisians', soon to be two with the Bucket Les Paul Studio. Bucket is, in fact, a very well-known guitar virtuoso with a unique style that's all his own.

He was the first to jump ship when Axl was unable to complete the album within the four years he stuck around, and Axl's more recent statements as well as the fact that they tried to get him back before the 2006 tour (which is why Ron only had two weeks to prep) shows that he understands what a loss that was for GNR.

I really hope Axl realizes that. There's no point in diluting CD II if Buckethead and Brain already have parts laid down. In fairness to Ron though, I don't mind the rhythm parts he added to the album. His leads were pointless (and fairly shitty) however.

I was really upset when Bucket left, but after all the wasted years I finally understand it.

I was really upset when Bucket left, but after all the wasted years I finally understand it.

Yeah, I was pissed too when he left. But then another four and a half years went by before Axl was happy enough with CD to put it out. Why should he have stayed, just to be at Axl's beckon call whenever he wanted to tour or record with nothing to show for it, much like the current lineup. I'd have passed too were I in his position and just wanted to record and release music. He's doing his thing and seems to enjoy it, so more power to him.

We'll always have TWAT. B)

Can't have it both ways. Can't complain when people say "this isn't a real band, its just hired hands", and then say they should have guitar parts from a guitarist who voluntarily left the band over 7 years ago. That just makes it a clusterfuck. How are we suspose to take this band seriously and not think of it as hired nubees, if they don't start making music as a current lineup? It just becomes a long, drawn out joke with a revolving door of musicians.

I think its a good idea for current lineup to make music of their own

But first put out all remaining Bucket/Brain/Robin Material then move on with current lineup material

Can't have it both ways. Can't complain when people say "this isn't a real band, its just hired hands", and then say they should have guitar parts from a guitarist who voluntarily left the band over 7 years ago. That just makes it a clusterfuck. How are we suspose to take this band seriously and not think of it as hired nubees, if they don't start making music as a current lineup? It just becomes a long, drawn out joke with a revolving door of musicians.

I think its a good idea for current lineup to make music of their own

But first put out all remaining Bucket/Brain/Robin Material then move on with current lineup material

Dude, Axl's almost 50. If he starts fresh with the new lineup we won't be looking at a new album until Axl's well into his sixties. The best option is to release the rest of the material he worked on for over a decade. Plus, it's no guarantee that Axl would even like the material that Ron and DJ would come up with.