Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

Email KristiePerez@livenation.com. She has the information we need. She is the one who told me abot the dallas date. I asked her :

Is there any report on an opening slot for the Guns N Roses?

Also, will there be a curfew considering its a Saturday night. They usually come on stage really late.

How are the tickets selling?

did you ever receive a response?

Nope, its weird. She usually responds really quick.

It's possible she doesn't know anything yet herself.

Either way, it's only 4 more days. Guess we'll find out when we get there. I'm glad it's a SAturday night, because if the show does go over the curfew, most people shouldn't bitch about it too much.

I want to see the entire GNR show, so things better go well.

I'm curious to hear about the HOuston show on FRiday night. That might give us a preview of what we Dallas fans can expect, but then again, it's Axl, so who the hell knows? lol

Yeah you are probably right! I am so ready for this show. And I love the unpredictable ways of GNR. Everything about the show is completely unpredictable.

Edited by GNRFan53

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email KristiePerez@livenation.com. She has the information we need. She is the one who told me abot the dallas date. I asked her :

Also, will there be a curfew considering its a Saturday night. They usually come on stage really late.

Either way, it's only 4 more days. Guess we'll find out when we get there. I'm glad it's a SAturday night, because if the show does go over the curfew, most people shouldn't bitch about it too much.

I'm curious to hear about the HOuston show on FRiday night. That might give us a preview of what we Dallas fans can expect, but then again, it's Axl, so who the hell knows? lol

Yeah you are probably right! I am so ready for this show. And I love the unpredictable ways of GNR. Everything about the show is completely unpredictable.

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm just so glad that Axl and GNR are playing Dallas and my family and I get to see them together! This is such an exciting time. I never thought I'd ever get to see GNR live, but sharing it with my husband and my kids is freakin awesome!

Yeah, I'm with you. I'm just so glad that Axl and GNR are playing Dallas and my family and I get to see them together! This is such an exciting time. I never thought I'd ever get to see GNR live, but sharing it with my husband and my kids is freakin awesome!

Awesome!! Yeah I am 20 years old and they have been treated as a religion for me for about 6 years now. My 4 month old daughter' name is Lindsey Rose for goodness sake. Haha I never thought in a million years that I'd be 4 days away from seeing them. I am completely anxious.

I'm 34, and I was 16 when the Illusions tous ended. So you can see how long I've waited. Seen all my fav bands in concert, except GNR. Never thought I would see them.

Don't have any expectations for Saturday. My wife is excited, but keeps asking me if I will keep her safe. She knows all about GNR concerts. Even told her in the past I'd never go b/c of the unpredictability.

But Axl and Co look like they are having a great time so far. They sound better and better each nite, even on the 2nd nite of a back-to-back like Miami. I will be there at 8:30 (ticket time) but don't expect to see them until midnight. The time changes Saturday nite too. Could be good or bad news......Axl could show up another hour later or they could play for another hour!

You never know with this band...

I'm 34, and I was 16 when the Illusions tous ended. So you can see how long I've waited. Seen all my fav bands in concert, except GNR. Never thought I would see them.

Don't have any expectations for Saturday. My wife is excited, but keeps asking me if I will keep her safe. She knows all about GNR concerts. Even told her in the past I'd never go b/c of the unpredictability.

But Axl and Co look like they are having a great time so far. They sound better and better each nite, even on the 2nd nite of a back-to-back like Miami. I will be there at 8:30 (ticket time) but don't expect to see them until midnight. The time changes Saturday nite too. Could be good or bad news......Axl could show up another hour later or they could play for another hour!

+ 1 Hopefully all goes well and everyone can have a good time, which will probably happen. it is going to be amazing!

I'm also 34 and saw them back in July '91 at this same venue during the Illusions tour. I recall they went on about 2 hours after Skid Row finished. The cameramen tried to entertain the audience by having chicks flash the camera but even that got old after a while. Everyone started throwing the plastic drink cups towards the end of the wait...there were literally thousands of them in the air at the same time. My wife is also a bit concerned about the unpredictability of the band but I told her we'll be fine :)

Where are your seats? I got row U of section 101 (lower middle) from Stubhub.

So pumped up, who will be in the pit?

I will be in the front of the pit man, gonna be at venue at 3pm and gonna venture for some crew members haha

I will be in the pit as well, but getting to the venue a lil after the doors open. The pit area is small. Anywhere in there is gonna be gold.

I just sent an email to Kristie also. Will post if I hear anything in response.

Sweet man! Hope for a response! 3 days!!! Tonights gig supposedly has a curfew at 1130 also. we'll see how things go tonight.

Sweet man! Hope for a response! 3 days!!! Tonights gig supposedly has a curfew at 1130 also. we'll see how things go tonight.

yeah i just read about the atlanta curfew. tonight should give us a good idea of what to expect on saturday.

i also found this phone number for the venue: 214-421-1111

might try calling later today and see if they have any info.

yeah i just read about the atlanta curfew. tonight should give us a good idea of what to expect on saturday.

i also found this phone number for the venue: 214-421-1111

might try calling later today and see if they have any info.

That number is useless, all it does is refer you to livenation.com and then it goes to this reps voicemail. She never answers or responds.

Edited by GNRFan53

Yeah 3 days and counting! God, I'm so excited!

So what happened in Atlanta? They had a curfew too. What's with these southern states? I don't get it. New York never had curfews for any shows whether it was outside or inside.

I think since Axl is known for coming onstage late, the curfews should be cancelled for these shows.

The Dallas show is Saturday night, so staying up a little later than usual, even for the surrounding homes, should be okay.

They can make exceptions for Guns N Roses. They haven't played Dallas in years! Let it go!

I'm curious to see how the show in Houston goes on Friday night. Might give us a hint as to what to expect.

Hopefully no opening band.

I checked Loaded's site and they're not in the US for awhile, so they won't be here on Saturday.

If Guns does a 3 hour show, they can play an hour and a half, take a 15 minute intermission and then play for another hour and a half. Rush plays their shows like this too. It works too.

So what happened in Atlanta? They had a curfew too. What's with these southern states? I don't get it. New York never had curfews for any shows whether it was outside or inside.

I think since Axl is known for coming onstage late, the curfews should be cancelled for these shows.

The Dallas show is Saturday night, so staying up a little later than usual, even for the surrounding homes, should be okay.

They can make exceptions for Guns N Roses. They haven't played Dallas in years! Let it go!

I'm curious to see how the show in Houston goes on Friday night. Might give us a hint as to what to expect.

I checked Loaded's site and they're not in the US for awhile, so they won't be here on Saturday.

If Guns does a 3 hour show, they can play an hour and a half, take a 15 minute intermission and then play for another hour and a half. Rush plays their shows like this too. It works too.

Yeah I can't wait. Ill be the guy wearing the shirt,with classic GNR embem.

Probably you and tons of other GNR fans.

I got this cool Axl Rose shirt on ebay. I'm going wear that. I really hope it stays a little warm Saturday night. I want my GNR tattoo to show. lol My son has the shield that Axl has on his arm. It's a little different, but just as cool. Anyway, I"m ready to rock! I want this to be a positive show and let's give Axl and GNR the welcome back to Dallas they deserve!

Probably you and tons of other GNR fans.

I got this cool Axl Rose shirt on ebay. I'm going wear that. I really hope it stays a little warm Saturday night. I want my GNR tattoo to show. lol My son has the shield that Axl has on his arm. It's a little different, but just as cool. Anyway, I"m ready to rock! I want this to be a positive show and let's give Axl and GNR the welcome back to Dallas they deserve!

Awesome! Yeah I got me a Nu-GNR emblem on my forearm. Love it. Ill probably buy the nu-gnr cartoon shirt at a merch booth

I'm also 34 and saw them back in July '91 at this same venue during the Illusions tour. I recall they went on about 2 hours after Skid Row finished. The cameramen tried to entertain the audience by having chicks flash the camera but even that got old after a while. Everyone started throwing the plastic drink cups towards the end of the wait...there were literally thousands of them in the air at the same time. My wife is also a bit concerned about the unpredictability of the band but I told her we'll be fine :)

Where are your seats? I got row U of section 101 (lower middle) from Stubhub.

I'll be in section 202. Bought the tickets a few weeks ago, so all the 100 sections were gone.

I'll be wearing the Nu GNR logo shirt I got at Hot Topic a few years ago. My wife wants to wear my classic AFD shirt. Of course, if it is cool, I might be wearing a jacket or hoodie. Maybe they have a GNR hoodie for sale...

Driving up from San Antonio for this show! Got a hotel for the nite

Edited by SALonghorn

Yeah, got to get me a new GNR shirt for sure!

God, this is so surreal. I never thought I would ever get to see and hear Axl and GNR live! This is going to be so fuckin awesome!

This venue better not screw us, by cutting this show short. To hell with the damn curfew! This is fuckin Guns N Roses!

God, this is so surreal. I never thought I would ever get to see and hear Axl and GNR live! This is going to be so fuckin awesome!

This venue better not screw us, by cutting this show short. To hell with the damn curfew! This is fuckin Guns N Roses!

+ 1 Every part of that statement is how I feel.

+2 for me too!

The venue, knowing the band's & fan's reputation, won't cut the show short. Only a show like Leeds has the balls to do that without causing a riot. GNR will be on late as usual, but they should give us a good show.

Still wondering what happens at 8:30 pm tho?

+2 for me too!

The venue, knowing the band's & fan's reputation, won't cut the show short. Only a show like Leeds has the balls to do that without causing a riot. GNR will be on late as usual, but they should give us a good show.

The venue lets you in. Frisks you and makes sure you don't have any bombs or chains or whatever the hell they think you might kill someone with! lol

They also have that wand thingie now, which they use on everyone coming in, so this makes things slower now. By the time, we get in the venue, GNR will be ready to come on! lol

I'm eating somewhere else. The food costs too much and it's not all that good. Definitely buying merch though. I'll probably buy merch get a drink and get to my seat and hope for the best.

Yeah, I agree 8:30 start ain't gonna happen for sure. lol

For the cost of the VIP seats, they can forgo the curfew this once.

Edited by Val22

Is it just possible...that GNR is the only band to play, and therefore, doing a typical 3-hour show, they would play from 8:30 pm to 11:30 PM, which is the curfew? Maybe the venue is hoping for that. It ain't gonna happen.

Either way, got to be there at 8:30 at the latest.

+2 for me too!

The venue lets you in. Frisks you and makes sure you don't have any bombs or chains or whatever the hell they think you might kill someone with! lol

They also have that wand thingie now, which they use on everyone coming in, so this makes things slower now. By the time, we get in the venue, GNR will be ready to come on! lol

I'm eating somewhere else. The food costs too much and it's not all that good. Definitely buying merch though. I'll probably buy merch get a drink and get to my seat and hope for the best.

Haven't been to a concert in a while (got two little ones at home these days), so I wonder if they will harrass us with chain wallets? IT CAN BE USED AS A WEAPON!

Camera allowed in? Or just phone cameras? My phone camera sucks so I prefer to use my small digital camera.

Since I'm driving up from SA, I thought about going to a In & Out chain. Haven't had one of those in a long time.

Edited by SALonghorn

Is it just possible...that GNR is the only band to play, and therefore, doing a typical 3-hour show, they would play from 8:30 pm to 11:30 PM, which is the curfew? Maybe the venue is hoping for that. It ain't gonna happen.

Either way, got to be there at 8:30 at the latest.

+2 for me too!

Haven't been to a concert in a while (got two little ones at home these days), so I wonder if they will harrass us with chain wallets? IT CAN BE USED AS A WEAPON!

Camera allowed in? Or just phone cameras? My phone camera sucks so I prefer to use my small digital camera.

Since I'm driving up from SA, I thought about going to a In & Out chain. Haven't had one of those in a long time.

A few years ago my son had a chain on his wallet, and he had to throw the whole wallet away because the chain didn't come off. I also saw a kid with chains on his pants not allowed in the venue.

I suggest you take the chain off the wallet or don't let it show, but then again, it might set off the wand thingie.

They will make you either go back to your car or throw it out. I doubt they changed this policy in years.

All these rules, but it's the times I guess.