100_5916.jpg

Madagascar

100_5921.jpg

Paradise City

100_5923.jpg

100_5926.jpg

The band

100_5928.jpg

Incredible show. I am a bit spoiled since I follow the band so relighiously here on the forums that I knew the basic setlist. The band sounded great, and I agree with most reviews that Axl's mic could have been louder. He sounded great nonetheless. A full crowd of drunks all nite long, but mostly an older crowd. Completely surprised to see them play at 10 PM! While I enjoyed the solos and CD songs, the crowd around me rose to their feet during the classics. There should be 20,000 versions of SCOM on YouTube since it seemed everyone took out there cell phones to record that performance. The pit was pathetic. Compared to South American crowds, we US of Americans are a boring bunch. Didn't seem like a loud crowd despite the size. Axl said it was a great crowd tho. Great to hear Axl during the show (you fine Texans...buenas noches...not my fault...sorry it took so long to come back but we will return soon).

My wife liked the imagery during the show on the screens. She asked me if I knew what they were, but I told her I didn't know. Especially the ballerina video during TIL. Would make for an interesting music video, if this band ever releases one. I was quite pleased with the time between songs. From YouTube videos, it seemed that the band took too long between songs & slowed down the show. For Dallas, it was literally song after song and kept it going for 2.5 hours. Awesome!

Bought the snakes tour shirt as well as the hoodie. $120 total, but worth it since I don't know the future of this band. Hard to say if it was the greatest concert I've been to as I knew what to expect going in, but considering I never thought I'd ever GNR, it will be a nite I won't ever forget.

Edited by SALonghorn

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The show was fn great, I dont have to write a review. U know everything that happend. Thanks for the awesome review people. I was in the front rail towards the right. My highlight is when Ron saw me recognized me from the after show the night before and threw me his guitar pic!

DSCN2620-1.jpgDSCN2641-1.jpgDSCN2640-1.jpgDSCN2627-1.jpgDSCN2615-1.jpgDSCN2614-1-1.jpgDSCN2585-1.jpgDSCN2571-1.jpg

Since BETTER has been played at all other concerts, I'm guessing that the Axl & the band simply forgot to play it in Dallas. Disappointed we didn't get the setlists in Greensboro or Norman, but it was simply great to see them live. Hopefully Axl does return soon....soon is the word.

Since BETTER has been played at all other concerts, I'm guessing that the Axl & the band simply forgot to play it in Dallas. Disappointed we didn't get the setlists in Greensboro or Norman, but it was simply great to see them live. Hopefully Axl does return soon....soon is the word.

I dont think they forgot, just chose for some reason to leave it out. Maybe the cerfew? It was a good sight cn that place full.

I finally got approved to post! I was just to the right of center in the pit. About 3 people in front of me. I'm pretty sure that the songs were cut to make sure they didn't get the plug pulled. Dallas is very strict about that, and it's impressive that they managed to play as late as they did. I've seen the plug pulled on a bnad before. If they had played Dallas on a random Wednesday night, I doubt they would have been given the option of paying to extend the curfew.

Anyway, if you were there, my buddy was the one who threw the "I love T & A" hoodie at DJ at the end of the show.

Trying to figure out how to post my pictures.