Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night was perfect. Great music, weather and beer. YouTube doesn't do this band justice. Anyone who bitches about setlists just doesn't get it. They play their asses off and will never hit everything. I'll take what I got last night and look back on it as the best concert I've been to. Got home around 330. Glad I got an extra hour of sleep.

I went to both Houston and Dallas...Dallas was awesome and I was mind blown by the 10:00 start time, but I have to say Houston was like 10 times more amazing. Axl was in a good mood and sounded in top form at both shows but there was just something extra in Houston. And honestly, I didn't even notice Better being left out in Dallas because everything was so seamless and flowing anyway. Whatever the case, both shows were fucking amazing and I can't believe I've spend this weekend going to two GNR shows in Texas, it's been so long since they've been here. Don't Cry was the highlight for me, but maybe I'm biased. I couldn't believe Axl told us the whole story before he sang it in Houston. I was freaking out, lols.

I also had after show passes for both shows and met everyone but Dizzy and Axl. Everyone was so cool and so up for talking about anything. DJ is a sweetheart, especially. Tommy is hilarious.

Epic fucking nights and I'm sad it's all over.

I was at the show. The reason why certain songs were cut from the set had to be because of the noise ordnance. Same reason why the show started right at 10pm which never happens. I have been to 5 new gnr shows and love cd but I honestly did not miss better and shacklers. It was so great to hear estranged and a proper don't cry. It was a great show and if u weren't there you shouldn't bitch about the set list

Okay, last night's GNR show was amazing!

The night was mild, so that was good. I think the venue was pretty much sold out. I was looking around and the seats that were still available online Friday, looked filled. The lawn was packed. My area in 204 was packed. I also saw fans who paid close to $250 for the VIP box seats.

The show started at ten. From beginning to end, this show was awesome!

Axl Rose looked and sounded amazing. He hit every note with perfection. The band blew me away. Slash who? lol

I don't usually like guitar solos, but these 3 guys rocked it. I loved how they actually played songs and not just wailed away. that DJ kid is awesome. I think this new GNR, which is not really all that new, is amazing. I think Axl has picked very great musicians.

Axl blew me away. He had so much energy and that sway! Wow! There was a guy with his family 2 rows in front of me and sang every song like me even the CD songs. I thought Axl did an amazing job with every song he sang. Both new and classic.

I was wondering why Axl kept running backstage through this curtain when the band played? I thought maybe someone was threating his voice in between to keep it sounding great. Whatever, it's not important. Axl didn't miss a beat and I thought it was cool that he let the band shine too.

The stage set was awesome. The confetti at the end was great. I loved when Axl talked in between songs and introduced his band to let each one shine.

Yeah, they didn't sing Better or Shackle's revenge, but who cares. The show was still close to 3 hours and thank God the clocks went back! I was so exhausted after that show, but we all had a good feeling as we left. We were leaving when we heard Axl say, how thankful he was for the Dallas fans to come out and saying he was sorry it took so long to get back here. I thought WOW! Then he said hopefully it won't take too long to come back!

Okay, I've never seen GNR in their first years, but I think Axl and the guys rocked it and I thought it was one of the most amazing shows I've ever seen. Axl Rose at 49 is still a force to be reckoned with and his energy showed how he much he still loves performing on stage and it also showed how much his fans still love him!

I'm so proud to be a GNR fan and proud of all my fellow fans who showed up and supported Axl and GNR! I think it was one of the best nights of our lives and theirs!

I bought 3 shirts, 1 poster and then went back and got the hoodie!

I really hope that the rest of the US tour rocks and Axl and the band continue to make music and continue to tour because as Axl showed last night, he's still got IT!

Someone posted Estranged on youtube from last night

Wow, Axl is really shaping into prime form on this tour. This is an awesome performance of Estranged

And you get that from this video, how?

Every version of Estranged has sounded the same since Rio. Even tho I like it the way it is I think it's time for Axl to use some fucking rasp in this song.

313114_10150357368487475_208130482474_8390421_1194745974_n.jpg

This is very cool.

Not really fond of DJ as a guitarist but damn, he is a very cool person and an awesome performer.

He really is a sweet person, he goes out of his way to give his fans great experiences and show his appreciation for them, he did it with me, the little girl in this picture and so many other fans. One just have to look at all the pictures posted to his Facebook of him with fans and them thanking him for his time and kindness towards them.

I do think DJ is a good guitar player though he may not be totally up at Ron's level all the time but Axl chose DJ for a reason and I think DJ have earned his spot in GNR; he's a good guitar player, he's very creative and extremely enthusiastic about recording new GNR material, he gives his all on stage at every single concert and he's good at connecting with the fans both during performances but also meeting them at after parties, hotels etc. He's just over all (from my personal experience and what I've heard from others who've met him) an extremely sweet and kind person who seems to genuinely appreciates his fans. I mean, just look at how often he thanks us on Twitter and FB, it's pretty obvious really.

Edited by RocketQueen1985

That review is agenda-driven more than anything else. And I say that as a pretty big critic of Axl. The show started at 10 PM, which is pretty damn early by Axl's standards. It was also a Saturday night. People really have no reason to bitch about a 10 PM start on a Friday or Saturday night.

Wow, what a crappy review. Some of that stuff was really uncalled for. People were wondering if he would even show up at all when the band took stage BEFORE 10 PM on a fucking Saturday, less than an hour after the opener? Winces at Axl's lower octaves? "The man is aging and it ain't pretty"? I mean why mention some fucking tight shorts worn 20 years ago when the man is 50 years old? Wtf? Stuff like that just makes me sad.

Half that review was written before the show even started. That's the sad part.

His weight, his mustache, slash, oxygen breaks, the start time.....the majority of his review had nothing to do with the actual show.

He gives it a big thumbs down......but last line says the fans wanted more, even tho it was 1 am!!!

So the fans loved the show, bug the reviewer reviewing cared more about slash and axls appearance. Weird.

I agree with all of you that it's a crappy review, I hate it when people walk into a concert and have decided what it's going to be like. It's also annoying to read stuff that is just pure bullshit (the weight issue that really isn't an issue and Axl's look...).

That being said... I just find the reviews and share them :thumbsup:

Edited by mustaine

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it really pisses me off that Axl's still being trashed by the media when he's putting on incredible three-hour shows. This kind of lazy "journalism" proves the old adage that just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you.