Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

I'm still waiting for the day that they play You're Crazy on a big stage again. They played it 4/5 times but only during acoustic sets.

Replace it with Out Ta Get Me or Live And Let Die.

Anyway, it's a good setlist. Even tho I love Better and Shackler's live.

But still it's typical, people bitch about 2 AC/DC covers every show. Now they drop one and people find something else to bitch about. :shrugs:

Edited by UcudBmineCD

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This little girl send a "good luck" message to Bumble and GNR prior to the tour

awesome gesture by Dj and GNR :thumbsup:

Indeed! :)

Uncle DJ. :D Now whenever you're going to a GN'R show, you don't have to call a babysitter anymore. Mr. Ashba will take care of your children.

Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Don't get why there is so little love for OTGM live. It is one of the most awesome live songs. Are there any clips of it from recently?

Agreed. I was never crazy about the studio version...but performed live, it rocks. I love the paranoid/angry vibe it gives me at the shows. Very cool.

I love Outtagetme live. I think Shackler's Revenge is in the wrong place in the set list. At the end of both marathon shows in Greenville and ATL, I wanted to be let down easy in the encore. My head hurt from singing along and having my face rocked off all night. It's good to hear Patience and Paradise City would be great right after that, but in between, it's like the band comes back for one more ass kicking with Shackler's and it really hurts at 1:45am. I like the song, but it sounds like a big fucking mess of sound that late after a three hour show.

I'm still waiting for the day that they play You're Crazy on a big stage again. They played it 4/5 times but only during acoustic sets.

They played the Appetite version twice in '06, but there's no video or audio of it.

313114_10150357368487475_208130482474_8390421_1194745974_n.jpg

This is very cool.

Not really fond of DJ as a guitarist but damn, he is a very cool person and an awesome performer.

This little girl send a "good luck" message to Bumble and GNR prior to the tour

awesome gesture by Dj and GNR :thumbsup:

Dj is very cool, I was a bit skeptical at first and still am on what he can do with GnR in studio, however there is no denying that he always gives 110% at every concert and then some.

Very very cool. Ashba gives the band that friendly face that Robin(or Bucket for obvious reasons) rarely showed. Although I LOVE Robin's studio work, he was not as fan-friendly as DJ.

What's ridiculous is that the media will never promote this positive and amazing gesture from DJ and the band :shrugs:

Congrats to the little girl! She deserved it!

Maybe we should help them? Say, contact a media outlet and link them to this story? Edited by Scumcat Esq.

After the Manchester gig last year we were hanging around after the gig and there was a little boy who idolised DJ. We told his mom to tell the security man on the gate. She did and the security man got on a walkie talkie to someone in the building who relayed the message to DJ. DJ said he was in the shower but if the little boy and his mom would like to go inside to where the dressing rooms were he would come to them after the shower. Security let them in and about half an hour later the little boy and his mom came out. The size of the smile on the little lads face was wonderful to see. DJ had signed things for him and got the rest of the band to sign his ticket and give him some goodies.

Where were the press then?

Is this the first time in the past 5 years Gn'R HAVEN'T played Better at a concert?

According to setlist.fm, there were about 6 shows in '06 where Better wasn't played, 2 in '07, and 10 in '10.

Sorry I dropped out from finishing the updates last night guys...the forum went down for me around 1 AM, and didn't come back any time soon thereafter.

This is one of the most disappointing setlists of the tour to me, I mean no Better or even what seems like the new set regular Shackler's? I'm sure everything else was great and so was the energy, but if I do end up seeing GNR those are two of the biggest songs that I would like to hear them play, much preferred to Out Ta Get Me or the AC/DC cover(s). I hate to see those missing, even if Rio did miss Madagascar, they still got Better, which is my personal favorite off of CD anyway. Anyway, I hope everyone who went enjoyed it, just a little bummed about the setlist.