Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another review:

I must warn you, she mentions Slash (that DJ tries too hard to be him), that Axl's voice was "soft" and the the start time... and calls Axl... Axel.

Again, I just find them and share them... don't have to agree with them B)

http://www.examiner.com/concerts-in-dallas/guns-n-roses-shake-dallas-review

There's never any love for Izzy. People don't realize how much he filled out the sound of GnR's songs. Most people I know think Slash did all the guitar.

Not to mention he was a better songwriter than Slash and arguably a better songwriter than Axl too. Ignorance is bliss though I suppose.

There's never any love for Izzy. People don't realize how much he filled out the sound of GnR's songs. Most people I know think Slash did all the guitar.

Not to mention he was a better songwriter than Slash and arguably a better songwriter than Axl too. Ignorance is bliss though I suppose.

True. People talk about stuff they don't really know about.

I hate "reviews" like that...I mean, you don't bitch about former members and the way someone looks. You can do that, but it isn't the most professional thing to do. And he didn't give almost any credit to the band, which plays the material extremely well. At least that wasn't as bad as some of the finnish reviews in 2010 when some idiot wrote that "Axl was terribly late" (45 mins) and "they didn't even play Paradise City"...that assmuncher left before the encore....well, anyways...cool that the crowd had a great time! :)

My Pics from the show :)

180zj.jpg

182ke.jpg

188cu.jpg

219tfh.jpg

234vh.jpg

241lj.jpg

260j.jpg

263lk.jpg

264d.jpg

267hy.jpg

Wow you got some really great pictures :thumbsup: were you in front row?

Front row, center :-)

Dude amazing pictures! This show was so awesome! I really hope Axl keeps his word and comes back to Dallas soon and doesn't wait 20 years to come back. :)

Half that review was written before the show even started. That's the sad part.

His weight, his mustache, slash, oxygen breaks, the start time.....the majority of his review had nothing to do with the actual show.

He gives it a big thumbs down......but last line says the fans wanted more, even tho it was 1 am!!!

So the fans loved the show, bug the reviewer reviewing cared more about slash and axls appearance. Weird.

Okay, so when Axl went off stage it was for oxygen breaks? So what? If it helps him do the awesome show he did, then go for it.

I don't give a fuck about any critic's reviews. I got my own review and the show was fuckin amazing. All that I hoped for and more. I'd say the nearly sold out crowd in Dallas would agree with me.

Did anyone mention how the band and Axl came out after Paradise City and apoligized for taking so long to come back to Dallas and promised it wouldn't be that long to come back again.

Also how he thanked all GNR's Fans for coming out and supporting Axl and the band. I guess no one but us fans give a shit about that.

Haters will always be around, but as long as Axl and GNR give these amazingly great performances, FUCK THEM ALL!@

The most important people to any band are the fans and that's all that matters!

That review is agenda-driven more than anything else. And I say that as a pretty big critic of Axl. The show started at 10 PM, which is pretty damn early by Axl's standards. It was also a Saturday night. People really have no reason to bitch about a 10 PM start on a Friday or Saturday night.

I totally agree with you. It was a fuckin rock show and back in the 70's no one gave a damn how late the band came on or how long they performed, which was usually 2 hours.

This show was one of the best shows I've ever seen and I've seen alot of bands in my time. From the sound of the crowd, I'd say everyone had a blast! That's what important.

Axl gave his all and this new GNR is amazing. Axl has picked some very good musicians and they gave it their all too.

Dallas Morning News didn't bother to send anyone to review the show, but like I said, my own review is what matters and this show rocked from start to finish!

Axl showed his still one of the best frontman/entertainers/singers around today. He had the fans support and love and anything else is just shit!

Wow, that was awesome. Didn't expect that from the Observer.

I thought the same thing about Axl's mic. It was pretty hard to hear him during the louder songs and yet he was perfectly clear on Don't Cry and Patience.

I was in the very front of the pit and could hear everything clear.

yeah, i know what hotel they're at. axl has been staying there since the miami show. my wife got some inside info :D

How is that possible?

how is it possible that axl's been staying there all week or that I knew this? pretty sure that axl has a private jet that he uses during the tours. he's been camping out in dallas this week and jetting to the shows in atlanta, south carolina, houston and of course dallas. not a long flight to any of those places from here.

yeah, i know what hotel they're at. axl has been staying there since the miami show. my wife got some inside info :D

How is that possible?

how is it possible that axl's been staying there all week or that I knew this? pretty sure that axl has a private jet that he uses during the tours. he's been camping out in dallas this week and jetting to the shows in atlanta, south carolina, houston and of course dallas. not a long flight to any of those places from here.

Yes, that was my initial question but now that you've mentioned it: how do you know this? :D

What an unnecessary strain on the environment by the way! And a bit disturbing knowing the other guys are on a bus at the same time.

Sometimes they travel with him.

I think it's probably up to them, depending on whether they want to go sightseeing, and thus, go to the next city as soon as possible, or not ( ok, I know they are in their own country right now but still ).

Edited by The Glow Inc.

i just typed up this whole reply explaining how i found this out but deleted it because i don't want anyone at the hotel getting in trouble. not sure if fernando or anyone in the gnr camp might see this and complain to the hotel that their people have loose lips.

obviously it came from someone at the hotel but i don't want to make it obvious exactly who it was.

It's pretty common to do the 'hub/spoke' method when touring. Your equipment has to be lugged around on the ground, but sometimes it's better to base yourself and your people in one central city. I know WWF sometimes did this (sometimes they'd fly to a central city and drive back and forth from it to the different markets). It might be nice to sleep in the same city for a week or two (in the same hotel room) instead of constantly unpacking and packing and...