Dallas November 5!! Info and Update Thread

batman007

Wierd. I clicked on the LIvenation link for this show and it says this event no longer exsist! Whaaat??? :scared:

I still show it. I have been calling this radio station all day for some info on the password and other things, they never pick up!

The link on GN'R Facebook page is gone but i found another one. Yeah let me know if you find out the password! :thumbsup:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wierd. I clicked on the LIvenation link for this show and it says this event no longer exsist! Whaaat??? :scared:

I still show it. I have been calling this radio station all day for some info on the password and other things, they never pick up!

The link on GN'R Facebook page is gone but i found another one. Yeah let me know if you find out the password! :thumbsup:

If I find out I will pm u.

Apparently they've partnered up with KEGL who is using this concert as their annual "Fall Brawl".

Here's the new LiveNation link:

http://www.livenation.com/Guns-N-Roses-tickets/artist/735218

from the Eagle (KEGL):

http://www.kegl.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=330053&article=9123592

Edited by artfromtex

and the bullshit coverage begins in the dallas media:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/09/my_morning_jacket_guns_roses_a.php

Yeah here comes the Axl bashing yet again.

You know what pisses me off: Axl has had a new band in like 20 years now. Many bands have replaced original members and have gone on. HUGE Bands like The Who, The Rolling Stones and Avenged Sevenfold.

I know they've replaced some members due to deaths, but they've chosen to go on with their amazing music and touring and they don't get any shit for it.

Axl isn't the only one who has moved on from the original lineup. Izzy left on his own. Steven was fired due to excessive drugs. Slash wasn't happy and neither was Duff. As for Matt, who the hell cares as long as Axl replaced.

It's always Axl's fault for the breakup. I look at it this way, if Duff and Slash had continued in GNR they probably would have been dead! Slash was drinking way too much and so was Duff. Both got help and have gone on to continue to make music alone or with other bands. No one blames them for the breakup, only Axl.

AS for Slash, he's become such a whore! First the Super Bowl with Fergie, God help us, and now playing guitar for a loser like Charlie Sheen. Slash stay home with your family! lol

AS for the other person, who asked me what music genre I consider GNR: It's hard rock of course. The only reason I wondered if there was going to be a pit is because some of the other larger venues are having seating instead of a pit. I know Gexa Energy can have a pit or not. The pit area is cut off with a huge steel fence now and usually security is there to keep other people out. I don't do pits, so I will try to get the best seats I can.

I don't think paying $75 is too much money to see Axl and GNR. I've paid $150 to see Linkin Park's Project Revolution and Lady Gaga, yes Lady Gaga.

Anyway, I really hope this US tour goes well and Axl gets the respect he truly deserves.

And so what if Axl's late, it's rock and roll and like Kiss has said a million times, rock and roll all night and party everyday.

I"ve waited for bands to perform in the past and I think Axl is so worth the wait.

Come on Texans, come out and show our support for Axl and GNR and put up our middle fingers to the so called critics who are probably too old to remember how much fun a rock concert is!

Is that

The live nation website for this concert says the pre-sale begins at 10am this Friday, 9/23. I already have an account with them and get their emails and I haven't seen anything yet with a password.

Is that the citi bank pre-sale or another one?

They're having a citi bank credit card presale for those who have that card.

I don't, so I"m hoping for another pre-sale. As for winning tickets from the radio station, my daughter won tickets years ago for Linkin Park and the tickets sucked.

What pisses me off is that some online ticket sites have GNR tickets already. How did they buy tickets if the sale hasn't started yet? WTF is that?

and the bullshit coverage begins in the dallas media:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/2011/09/my_morning_jacket_guns_roses_a.php

Yeah here comes the Axl bashing yet again.

You know what pisses me off: Axl has had a new band in like 20 years now. Many bands have replaced original members and have gone on. HUGE Bands like The Who, The Rolling Stones and Avenged Sevenfold.

I know they've replaced some members due to deaths, but they've chosen to go on with their amazing music and touring and they don't get any shit for it.

Axl isn't the only one who has moved on from the original lineup. Izzy left on his own. Steven was fired due to excessive drugs. Slash wasn't happy and neither was Duff. As for Matt, who the hell cares as long as Axl replaced.

It's always Axl's fault for the breakup. I look at it this way, if Duff and Slash had continued in GNR they probably would have been dead! Slash was drinking way too much and so was Duff. Both got help and have gone on to continue to make music alone or with other bands. No one blames them for the breakup, only Axl.

AS for Slash, he's become such a whore! First the Super Bowl with Fergie, God help us, and now playing guitar for a loser like Charlie Sheen. Slash stay home with your family! lol

AS for the other person, who asked me what music genre I consider GNR: It's hard rock of course. The only reason I wondered if there was going to be a pit is because some of the other larger venues are having seating instead of a pit. I know Gexa Energy can have a pit or not. The pit area is cut off with a huge steel fence now and usually security is there to keep other people out. I don't do pits, so I will try to get the best seats I can.

I don't think paying $75 is too much money to see Axl and GNR. I've paid $150 to see Linkin Park's Project Revolution and Lady Gaga, yes Lady Gaga.

Anyway, I really hope this US tour goes well and Axl gets the respect he truly deserves.

And so what if Axl's late, it's rock and roll and like Kiss has said a million times, rock and roll all night and party everyday.

I"ve waited for bands to perform in the past and I think Axl is so worth the wait.

Come on Texans, come out and show our support for Axl and GNR and put up our middle fingers to the so called critics who are probably too old to remember how much fun a rock concert is!

Is that

The live nation website for this concert says the pre-sale begins at 10am this Friday, 9/23. I already have an account with them and get their emails and I haven't seen anything yet with a password.

Is that the citi bank pre-sale or another one?

They're having a citi bank credit card presale for those who have that card.

I don't, so I"m hoping for another pre-sale. As for winning tickets from the radio station, my daughter won tickets years ago for Linkin Park and the tickets sucked.

What pisses me off is that some online ticket sites have GNR tickets already. How did they buy tickets if the sale hasn't started yet? WTF is that?

My friend used to work at an arena, and used to hold tixs on the side before they went onsale. She couldnt get the tix until the actual offical sale date though.

Can someone familiar with the Dallas area let me know how easy it is to get to this venue from (what I'm assuming is central Dallas)? Thinking about flying in for this and a Cowboys game. Is there mass transit that would get us to the concert? Thanks!

It's quite easy to get the to venue. I'm staying at the W downtown and taking a taxi from there, relatively inexpensive and I didn't have to worry about driving. Did the same for Motley Crue a few months ago and it worked fine. Not sure about public transportation though. The venue is quite nice but unfortunately the area immediately around it isn't. I believe it actually sits on the state fair grounds, I may be wrong on that though.

Hello. I've reserved a Block of rooms at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel located along the DART track, which will take you down to the area where the concert is taking place. It's near other attractions such as uptown, The West End, 6th Floor Museum, etc. The room rate will be $99.00. I will post the reservation link by mid-day on Friday. Rooms will be available on Friday and Saturday night.

Hello. I've reserved a Block of rooms at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel located along the DART track, which will take you down to the area where the concert is taking place. It's near other attractions such as uptown, The West End, 6th Floor Museum, etc. The room rate will be $99.00. I will post the reservation link by mid-day on Friday. Rooms will be available on Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks man! I still dont know if I am staying with family (30 min drive), if not I will book here. Good looking out! :thumbsup:

Thanks man! I still dont know if I am staying with family (30 min drive), if not I will book here. Good looking out! :thumbsup:

I just signed teh agreement. Link will be up in a few hours.

Can someone familiar with the Dallas area let me know how easy it is to get to this venue from (what I'm assuming is central Dallas)? Thinking about flying in for this and a Cowboys game. Is there mass transit that would get us to the concert? Thanks!

It's quite easy to get the to venue. I'm staying at the W downtown and taking a taxi from there, relatively inexpensive and I didn't have to worry about driving. Did the same for Motley Crue a few months ago and it worked fine. Not sure about public transportation though. The venue is quite nice but unfortunately the area immediately around it isn't. I believe it actually sits on the state fair grounds, I may be wrong on that though.

You are right. It's right next to the fair. I'm not sure about mass transit since I drive everywhere, but I would recommend a taxi too. I don't think the dart train goes near there, but I may be wrong. I would check online to see about buses or the train.

Some of the buses here stop running at a certain hour, so if I were you I would take a taxi.

They're doing tickets every hour until 7:00 I think. Usually around the half hour mark.

I couldnt get any tixs, o well. Iam excited and nervous about tomorrow's presale. I dont know which password I will use? I am hoping to get as close as I can.

First saw GNR with my husband in 91 and again in 92 - 20 years later, get to see them again - but now get to also take my young adult kids with us!! Got 7 tix to Orlando, but universe is conspiring against us making it to that show - so now going to try to buy tix to Dallas tomorrow.

I've seen the passwords for the presales - but must admit, I have no idea how "presales" work. I've seen two passwords so far - on several forums.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I have to be a member of a particular group to make purchases via a presale? Where exactly is the presale - on ticketmaster - or does the livenation site sell tickets directly? And what's up with the radio station password that's different than the livenation password? Are these completely asinine questions, lol? We live in Memphis so just trying to get 7 folks to see GNR and driving to Dallas is doable!!! Any guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

First saw GNR with my husband in 91 and again in 92 - 20 years later, get to see them again - but now get to also take my young adult kids with us!! Got 7 tix to Orlando, but universe is conspiring against us making it to that show - so now going to try to buy tix to Dallas tomorrow.

I've seen the passwords for the presales - but must admit, I have no idea how "presales" work. I've seen two passwords so far - on several forums.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Do I have to be a member of a particular group to make purchases via a presale? Where exactly is the presale - on ticketmaster - or does the livenation site sell tickets directly? And what's up with the radio station password that's different than the livenation password? Are these completely asinine questions, lol? We live in Memphis so just trying to get 7 folks to see GNR and driving to Dallas is doable!!! Any guidance you can offer is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Its a toss up really on which password u wanna chose. Both will get u access to the presale. Go on the livenation website to get the tixs. The ticketmaster`s website will redirect to livenation. Remember, not always do u get the best seats on presale. Sometimes, the general public sale, u could find better tix than the presale. Good luck!