The rasp is gone nowadays because Axl sings everything in falsetto.

quadlaser

your guy blew it, pal. there's no way around it. it happened.

if anything, you should be the one crying.

I wouldn't say that he "blew it" or that he is "my guy"....I'm just saying that sometimes there's a reason someone has a bad show other than being bad at what they do.

Axl delivers the vast majority of the time, so it must follow that a shitty performance is an outlier. Just because one show was not good doesn't mean that all shows are, from here on out, doomed to be bad forever. This is the type of thinking that leads people to panic, and it's my job to see that you don't panic! If you wanna panic over GNR, that's fine. Problem is that you don't really have a place to take this aggression, and you may go punch a street light, or make a doo doo on a cop car. We can't have any of that!

Do you mean nowdays as in yesterday?

Because this is what he sounded like in Oct 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnH0DZSfX74

fuuuuuuck...he's so good here...if he'd done that last nite, it would've been a fucking awesome show...watching this just leaves me so confused...it makes me sad and angry at the same time...fuck

your guy blew it, pal. there's no way around it. it happened.

if anything, you should be the one crying.

I wouldn't say that he "blew it" or that he is "my guy"....I'm just saying that sometimes there's a reason someone has a bad show other than being bad at what they do.

Axl delivers the vast majority of the time, so it must follow that a shitty performance is an outlier. Just because one show was not good doesn't mean that all shows are, from here on out, doomed to be bad forever. This is the type of thinking that leads people to panic, and it's my job to see that you don't panic! If you wanna panic over GNR, that's fine. Problem is that you don't really have a place to take this aggression, and you may go punch a street light, or make a doo doo on a cop car. We can't have any of that!

he was my guy, until last night. and i'm pretty pissed about it.

Err, no. That's not his falsetto, as far as I know.

I've always thought Axl's Mickey Mouse voice had something to do with how much he drank and/or smoked before a performance. Since he parties on tour, his rasp steadily returns. Since he probably just ate cheeseburgers all year (I'm not knocking his weight; I was just using a figure of speech), boom! Mickey Mouse voice.

But it's probably just my wild, crazy theory. Whatever. Made more sense in my mind.

What he is using is really called "head voice."

Most people on here don't understand singing it seems. Like when someone says his voice is more 'high pitched'... it's the same pitch. Same with all this 'smoking and drinking makes his voice better\more powerful' stuff.

Edited by rainman_1985