2010 voice vs ??

deegg

Most people seem to be saying that Axl's voice in 2010 is the best yet that hes been. I really dont think this is the case... although it was pretty damn cool I think in 2006 his performances were better than 2010 vocally.

< I think that voice is the best I have heard him personally from the very start that we have seen the new guns. Listen to that scream.... I cant even hold my breathe that long never mind scream my lungs out for that long. Fantastic.

Rio I think he struggled a bit vocally however on some songs he was great, obviously something happened and it played a negative effect on the night. However... probably major over reaction from many people here... I think we need to support rather than shoot the guy down... there playing tonight at chile right? lets fucking support this band! I hope the gig goes well. The band were on top form at Rio, whatever/if something was bugging Axl I hope its no longer distracting him and hope the night goes well.

He was on fire in 2006 and 2007 man. Like a ball of fire. he was fit, looked good, had a plethora of energy and had the vocals down pat. Watch him in the 2006 Jungle Rock AM video, he was so alive. I don't know why it wasn't there in Rio, hell even in the 2010 shows he didn't have that energy about him... I'm thinking the lack of support for the album in 2008 took a lot out of him and probably disenchanted him in a way where he has lost hope...

He was on fire in 2006 and 2007 man. Like a ball of fire. he was fit, looked good, had a plethora of energy and had the vocals down pat. Watch him in the 2006 Jungle Rock AM video, he was so alive. I don't know why it wasn't there in Rio, hell even in the 2010 shows he didn't have that energy about him... I'm thinking the lack of support for the album in 2008 took a lot out of him and probably disenchanted him in a way where he has lost hope...

Yes, and he also turned up at events and gave cool little interviews. Something's clearly happened.

God, that clip is great. There is dignity to it.

Axl was on his game at RAR06, but the 06 tour was hit or miss depending on the song. The 2 shows I saw that tour, his scream for jungle was terrible, even worse then Rio. but most of the 06 songs he was on his game. Both shows I saw in 2010 Axl was on all night, the only song he got high pitched voice was during This I love which calls for it.

I think maybe as his weight goes up his voice goes up. in 01-02 he was out of shape and had the high pitch, in 06-10 he was in pretty good shape and had his regular voice for the most part back. in 2011 he has put on a few pounds but I wouldn't call him fat espcially at 49 but his voice has gone up a bit. Doubt that really has anything to do with it, just a thought.

Yes, and he also turned up at events and gave cool little interviews. Something's clearly happened.

God, that clip is great. There is dignity to it.

Yeah, watching the 2006 live videos made me realize how on ball the whole band was at the time...