Record label delayed Chidem in hopes for reunion.

Young_Gun

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread delivers.

And not 1 of you said anything that is true about it, but that's just my guess.

People here talk like they were involved in producing the album.

Please, leave this thread for what it is before it's too late.

:rofl-lol:

Oh come on, I've said a ton of true things =).

You're right though.

Someone take this thread out back and shoot it.

• 1 month later...

Haha!!!! Why did CD take 14 fucking years? Axl

Record company says Axl

Buckethead says Axl

Steven/slash/Duff say Axl

Ex promoters say Axl

Produces say Axl

Lawyers say Axl

Even bandmates allude to Axl

And what does Axl say? It's everyone elses fault.

Go fuck yourself Axl if you think I belive this shit

Well of course the record company won't blame themselves. Slash and Duff have nothing to do with CD, Steven wasn't even in the band, its just easy to blame Axl. The only reason he has to do with it because he fights to keep CD under the GN'R name.

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure this could have some truth.

But here are some other reasons for the delays. The revolving changing of players in GNR. The change of guitarists and drummers. The rerecording of parts to make sure the new players were on the released album. The leak of the album. Thus having to change it some to release it as something different from the leaks. The bad performance at the MTV 2002 Awards probably did not help. Taking so long to make the record probably did not help. The cost to make record means that New GNR needed to tour to pay for the recording since the record label probably did not want to send more money. Lawsuits of numerous kinds. Axl wanted a new style for GNR. The perfectionist of Axl probably delay things. Axl's lack of voice in the early 2000s probably did not help.

I still think the emergence of the helium voice is one of the things that was a real downer about the album Chinese Democracy. The change in style of Axl singing to fit this new style of album that became Chinese Democracy just did not sound as good to me as his old self. Not sure if it was aging or just his new style that was the problem. I am leaning on mostly his new style. I partly think he came up with new way of singing to save his voice. He probably had some voice lessons that said don't use that raspy voice so much. To me he sounded more like Robert Plant at times then Axl.

Edited by rocker rockstar