Show update threads moved too fast

James Bond

I understand having to move multiple threads or deleting/merging threads that are the same subject, but I think lately the specific show update threads have been being moved too fast from the "Discussion" forum. Unless there is a show the next day, I feel that the thread should remain in the main section for at least a day to give users time to comment on it and see updates. When I first got on the forum this morning, it was hard to access as I had to search for the thread and then find it in the "UPCOMING" shows section when all I really wanted was the set list and videos.

As long as any other threads on the same show are moved/merged, then I don't see a problem with keeping the updates thread in the "Discussion" forum for a day or two. More users would likely see it and comment on it, thus generating more discussion overall. Just a minor suggestion from my end!

I think theres points for and against moving the update threads so quickly. On one hand, they tend to clutter up Discussion & News, especially if there's a few shows which haven't been moved yet. On the other hand, the discussion rate drops off severely once they're moved, as less people visit the Upcoming Concerts section.

When I was updating the concert thread the other night, a few minutes after posting paradise city , the thread was moved.

Would the same thread be moved if they debuted a new song or ohmygod/etc?

I just don't see how a single thread clutters the main forum. If there's say two consecutive shows then that's fair, but when there's a few days in between it's only one extra thread in the discussion and makes it easier to access. I'd leave it for just a day, especially to make it simpler for anyone who wasn't awake or wasn't on the forum at the time of the updates to find and see.

it makes sense to leave it in the gnr discussion section at least a day or so after the date as the people who attended that show can leave their own review/images/video without having to hunt for it in the other section where no body visits.