ATLANTA SHOW BEST U.S. CROWD EVER!?!?!?

ufc78

With the way Axl kept bragging on the crowd in Atlanta, is it safe to say that he probably thinks this was the best U.S. audience ever? I mean, how many times did he say we were awesome? How many times did he thanks us? I am blown away! This show was AMAZING in every aspect! Bottom line, WAS THIS THE BEST U.S. CROWD IN GnR HISTORY???????

I wasn't there, however I sincerely doubt it was the best EVER. I'm sure they brought it big time and were great, but doubt it was best ever, especially with only a 1/2 full arena.

"Frontman Axl Rose and his revamped Guns N' Roses lineup rocked a half-full Philips Arena Wednesday night during a set that went into the wee hours"

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/guns-n-roses/

Axl Didn't put out praise like that in Orlando last week. the energy @ Phillips last night was noticeable higher than Orlando, and the Crowd was certanly more into it. I think Gratitude and excitement pretty much sum it up, but Axl was definately not kissin anyones ass

The place wasn't really packed but you could tell that the people there were in awe of what they were witnessing. They sang the classic songs as loud as they could but they hung on with him during the Chinese Democracy stuff that they didn't know. It was strange how you could feel the mood of the crowd become bigger fans with each song played. He won this crowd over big time and that's difficult to do here where few rock shows ever come close to selling out.

Best crowd ever? No way. You can't possibly think that when you crazy fuckers in South America are so die-hard (saw several brazilian dudes at the show last night, btw). But I would venture to say that Axl may have won over more new fans last night than anywhere he's ever played. There was a lot of skepticism and trash talk leading up to last night. Even the radio stations promoting the show couldnt help but spew the tired and typical lines about Axl being fat, this isn't really gnr, axl cant sing, axl has cornrows, etc. Expectations were low. I really do think he will sell better next time. I'm proud to be an Atlanta GNR fan today.

Every showman says that every time at every place... Simple...

Not this showman. For a crowd to get the praise that was evidently heaped upon them last night,you better earn It and by the sounds of things Atlanta earned It.

I wasn't there, however I sincerely doubt it was the best EVER. I'm sure they brought it big time and were great, but doubt it was best ever, especially with only a 1/2 full arena.

"Frontman Axl Rose and his revamped Guns N' Roses lineup rocked a half-full Philips Arena Wednesday night during a set that went into the wee hours"

http://projects.accessatlanta.com/gallery/view/music/guns-n-roses/

It was packed. It looked 90 to 95 percent full to dozens who were there.

The place wasn't really packed but you could tell that the people there were in awe of what they were witnessing. They sang the classic songs as loud as they could but they hung on with him during the Chinese Democracy stuff that they didn't know. It was strange how you could feel the mood of the crowd become bigger fans with each song played. He won this crowd over big time and that's difficult to do here where few rock shows ever come close to selling out.

Best crowd ever? No way. You can't possibly think that when you crazy fuckers in South America are so die-hard (saw several brazilian dudes at the show last night, btw). But I would venture to say that Axl may have won over more new fans last night than anywhere he's ever played. There was a lot of skepticism and trash talk leading up to last night. Even the radio stations promoting the show couldnt help but spew the tired and typical lines about Axl being fat, this isn't really gnr, axl cant sing, axl has cornrows, etc. Expectations were low. I really do think he will sell better next time. I'm proud to be an Atlanta GNR fan today.

Eddie, not the best crowd ever...perhaps the best "U.S." crowd ever...thus the title of this thread.

Every showman says that every time at every place... Simple...

Not Axl. He never says that to a crowd. He may thank him in his usual way at the end of the event, but saying the crowd is the best? Nope.

Cool jacket! He should bring that back. (overall extremely cool look in 06 though)

Anyways, GREAT to see Axl in such a good mood. Judging by the reactions in the comments to the "review", the crowd may very well have been very good. Also really happy to see people everywhere saying the band was good and that noone seems to be missing Slash.

When you have experienced the kind of sizes of crowds Axl has though, and those kinds of events he has, I am sure there have been cooler crowds than 8-10000 in an indoors arena on a regular Wednesday.

As great as the crowd could've been, I don't see any US crowds topping the Hammerstein 06' crowds. At least not the one at the show I was at, the last one. Every single person was singing every single word of every single song, dancing, jumping, it was a religious experience...

As great as the crowd could've been, I don't see any US crowds topping the Hammerstein 06' crowds. At least not the one at the show I was at, the last one. Every single person was singing every single word of every single song, dancing, jumping, it was a religious experience...

I agree. Those were the best concerts I've ever been to because it was all GNR diehard fans. You won't get that again unless they play a smaller show, but so far all the US crowds have seemed great.

Edited by DocBrown

Yes, we were the best crowd EVER! Why? Because we are from GA and we gave them some of our down-home, southern hospitality! And, Axl thanked us for it and we appreciated the great show that Guns N' Roses put on. It was a dream come true for me. I had waited for 24 years to see Axl come back to GA and he was damn sure worth the wait!! And, the rest of the group was sweet icing on the cake! Bumblefoot made my night. He is the man! A great night all around and one I won't soon forget!!