Grantland podcast

ronartest2004

I wish to God Axl would do a sit down with Kurt Loder. He's been the fairest person in the media for all of Axl's career, and they always seemed to have a kinship. Make it happen, Axl!!

I agree. The TMS interview was fine for what it was. Those guys may ask the tough questions, but they'll accept whatever the answer is and move on. That's their approach and I'm fine with it since I know what I'm getting going in. Loder is a true journalist who would push back a little. For instance, he wouldn't have accepted Axl's all over the place answer about the late starting times without following up. Of course, he couldn't make Axl give him a better answer, but he would at least push for it.

The one guy who I think (if he studied for a week or so about the past 15 years of guns has been like) who could give the greatest interview to Axl is Howard Stern. Howard really does a great job about making celebrity guests feel relaxed. Although I know Axl would never go on Howard. I really think Howard would ask him the tough questions and not accept the bland TMS type of Axl response.

Interesting to hear Kurt talk about how big of a fan he is of Buckethead, and how he though Bucket was perfect for GNR. That, and talking abou thow eccentric Axl is haha

Yeah, he didn't really talk about Axl too long, he was also asked about Slash and didn't have much of an opinion of him. What was it he said about axl?, Something about one of Axls people told him that the day before he did that interview at Axls house that Axl was riding around on a lawnmower chasing around Erin calling her a crazy whore or something?