First time in GA tonight

gunsfanoldie

Is front row where I should be shooting for? I hear sometimes its hard to hear the vocals when you're so close. And is getting that close even possible? Anyone have a good idea what would be the best time to get to the venue? I've never been to the amphitheater in Camden before so I'm not sure what the pit is going to be like. Looks small on Ticketmaster but I'm not sure. I'm basically just looking for the best spot to stand in the GA area. Is anywhere good? Would it be better towards the back, soundwise? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Is front row where I should be shooting for? I hear sometimes its hard to hear the vocals when you're so close. And is getting that close even possible? Anyone have a good idea what would be the best time to get to the venue? I've never been to the amphitheater in Camden before so I'm not sure what the pit is going to be like. Looks small on Ticketmaster but I'm not sure. I'm basically just looking for the best spot to stand in the GA area. Is anywhere good? Would it be better towards the back, soundwise? Any help would be great. Thanks.

Go for left front rail,you feel the pyro and see n' hear everything.Don't mind the ringing in your ears afterwards that fades into tinnitus as you get older.

Once you see GNR front-row center, you can never go back.

I now see what you mean. I got there at 5 pm (I live two hours away), stood in line until doors opened at 7, stood in the lobby of the Bank Center for about 15-20 minutes, but finally achieved amazing standing spots with my friends right up front, a tad off to the right from the short middle catwalk that Axl spends most of his time yet. There was one person in front of me but it didn't bother at all. I made eye contact just as much as the guy in front did and if anything (probably nothing) I could hear the vocals a bit better being a bit away from the stage.

The show was fantastic. Much better than I expected after psyching myself up alot for it this week. Certainly wasn't the best show I've ever seen, but it was a lot of fun, the setlist was great, and Axl was in much better form than I was giving him credit for. I was shocked that basically anytime Axl wasn't singing he would run off to the back, presumably for oxygen as I was told, but whatever he's gotta do to keep himself out there. Personally, the band sounded good but I couldn't connect with any of them like I know I do with the original band, but thats just me. They're talented players and seem to have a lot of fun up there, but in the end I honestly do look at them as just a bunch of guys playing GNR material and definitely focus on Axl.

Anyway, great show. I'm beat but it was well worth it. Thanks for all the tips here.