Axl ripping on Cobain

Snowmass

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is totally right. Fuck Cobain. He was a hypocrite and a fake. Here is a guy who died from being the total stereotype archetype that he claimed to hate. Well done Kurt, you sure showed them big, label endorsed, drug taking, rolling stone cover posing, overdosing rockstars!!!

Oh, FFS, *seriously*!?! Kurt rejected Axl's praise and overtures of friendship, that's why Axl "hated" him. He knew how talented he was, he was pimping the band and Nevermind all over the place before that. :rofl-lol:

Oh, FFS, *seriously*!?! Kurt rejected Axl's praise and overtures of friendship, that's why Axl "hated" him. He knew how talented he was, he was pimping the band and Nevermind all over the place before that. :rofl-lol:

That is true, Axl did praise Nirvana much like he praised NIN before Trent started knocking him.

It's just the way things pan out... Axl came along and royally 'out-rockstar'd' the rockstars. Freddie Mercury tribute co.concert, Axl was the big dog in a show full of rock royalty.

But things changed

There was no rock star that could out Axl, Axl. But a 'non rock star' could... Cue Kurt Cobain. Came along and fucked it all upside the head and literally made Axl and his like seem totally redundant for years on end.

People may disagree, but that's the way most see it. Kurt trumped a prime Axl. anything an aging Axl does will also always be trumped by an eternally young Kurt.

LA

You're not defending the dickhead (Cobain) are you? Dude sucked ass...we all knew it and Axl knew it! What a dick he was. Shit ass boring music. All he did was bitch and whine. Axl wrote about chicks and partying....Kurt was oh so "serious".....ohhhh. So cool.....NOT!

You're not defending the dickhead (Cobain) are you? Dude sucked ass...we all knew it and Axl knew it! What a dick he was. Shit ass boring music. All he did was bitch and whine. Axl wrote about chicks and partying....Kurt was oh so "serious".....ohhhh. So cool.....NOT!

Axl thought Kurt was the cat's pjamas until he hurt his feelings, he adored Nirvana. Epic thread fail is epic. Also, I think you're confusing GNR with Motley, or some shit? Most of Axl's "chick" songs are about relationships that have gone sour. :shrugs:

....you know, people always whinge/gloat/state/whatever that Kurt trumped Axl or Grunge killed GnR and other 'hair-bands' (even though GnR was NOT a hair-band!), but one could make a sound argument that GnR made way for darker/Grunge bands on the mainstream market. I mean what was their before them? Bon Jovi? I always believed that GnR broke that market and made way for bands like Nirvana to be signed because record companies realized that darker lyrics/edgier music COULD sell in the mainstream market.

Axl thought Kurt was the cat's pjamas until he hurt his feelings, he adored Nirvana. Epic thread fail is epic. Also, I think you're confusing GNR with Motley, or some shit? Most of Axl's "chick" songs are about relationships that have gone sour. :shrugs:

"Epic fail"...ahh what? Axl thought Cobain was shit. (Why are you defending a dead retard on a GnR board?) And my point on "chick" songs was Cobain was too "cool" to say things like "ass in the air" etc.....he was "mr serious"...don't wanna offend anyone.

Kurt might've been a self-pitying elitist dork, but he was an imaginative self-pitying elitist dork.

If you were Kurt Cobain at the peak of your popularity - would you want to associate with a biker shorts clad Axl Rose making expensive music videos about his supermodel girlfriends?

Didn't think so.

At the end of the day......Cobain sucked ass. Or as Axl would say "sucked dick ". Good riddance. What a shit stain he was......

WtF is wrong with you? I can't tell the cupcakes from the legit helmet wearers at all anymore... <_<

That is true, Axl did praise Nirvana much like he praised NIN before Trent started knocking him.

It almost seems like Kurt bashed GNR to get Nirvana attention.

I don't think Trent was too harsh about Axl - he pretty much said what Duff said about how Axl was on the 91 tour about the people around him, and he seemed appreciative of the offer to tour Europe, it's just that the audience was either indifferent or not thrilled with the songs, being that it was just Pretty Hate Machine and Broken hadn't come out yet. He also said some scathing things about Robin 5 or 6 years ago, but called on him to wrap the tour up. If anything, it was good for Axl bringing DJ in. But he was going to play a joke on his fans, by people doing a ticket scavenger hunt - giving Axl's address out, just to see how many people would get arrested for trespassing, but of course he didn't do it. Trent's knocked himself as well.

At the end of the day......Cobain sucked ass. Or as Axl would say "sucked dick ". Good riddance. What a shit stain he was......

WtF is wrong with you? I can't tell the cupcakes from the legit helmet wearers at all anymore... <_<

What does cupcake mean? And why is saying how awesome Axl is (vs some has been who blew own head off) such a problem with you? Axl is so above what Cobain thought he was. Go cupcake some Nirvana board.

I really love that rant. As much as I dig and appreciate Nirvana's music, Kurt Cobain the individual was a self absorbed ass in the worst way possible, and look where it got him. Meanwhile our man Axl, somebody a lot of people love to hate (and most of whom would tell you Kurt Cobain was a god among men), is still living the dream. At the end of the day what matters more? Your selfish perception of integrity or still being able to walk, breath, and live your life as you would like to? It's just such a waste of a beautiful talent, I'll never be able to understand why people worship a person like Kurt Cobain, great musician or not.