2002 Appearance and Band Reception

DaneisKing1389

If Axl came back in 2002 with the 2010/11 band, he would have been much more successful. The 2002 band was so far from everything GNR that it just killed everything for them IMO.

No big deal. I think since 2006 he's won a lot of people back over.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i couldn't disagree with you more. I think the 2002 incarnation looked fantastic. the biggest collection of misfits and weirdoes i've ever come across and it just leant itself to the notion that Axl had been tucked away in the hollywood hills building this fucking Frankensteins monster, fuck the people who thought it was a joke, quite frankly, lots of people thought original Guns was a fucking joke too, when you have a certain kind of iconography that lends a band to being sort of, identifiable, you'll get that sort of thing. I loved the way they looked, it was fantastic, it was like, what the FUCK?!?!

If anything, don't you think if people have a uniform sort of image THAT looks more like hired hands than a bunch of people who all look different? The 02 band didn't look like hired hands or like, y'know, you couldn't fuckin invent that if you tried, robin looking like a fucking ghoul and buckethead looking like...well, buckethead and Tommy Stinson looking like some kind of mid western American take on Johnny Rotten and Axl looking like a fucking cyborg in a football jersey, it was fantastic, it was like a band from the future just beamed down or something.

You nailed it down.

+1

+2 Pure Magic.